• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Simple Post Ever

Too many reasons...

1.)It's the only sport with any resemblance to bowling(which is what I grew up doing)
2.)A great reason to enjoy the outdoors
3.)Helps me keep an active lifestyle
4.)Its hella-fun
5.)Great time to get away from daily life...
6.)...and it's not so bad when DG becomes your daily life
7.)I've met some awesome people since I started playing in March
8.)Learning so many different elements of the game keep me wanting to learn more
9.)It the one thing that keeps my brain awake, probably do most of my thinking on the course
10.)Competition
11.)Sheer amazement of watching a disc soar through the air...
12.)...and the sound of those chains
13.)It's addicting
14.)And it's becoming a passion

It's cheaper than golf, and just as addictive. Plus I'm outdoors exercising and still enjoying myself.

1. It's fun.
2. It's addictive.
3. It's challenging.
4. It's great exercise...physically and mentally.
5. It's a great way to meet people and make new friends.
6. It's inexpensive.
7. It's something you can do solo or with others.
8. It's a great way to enjoy God's nature.
9. It's relaxing and a great way to reduce stress.

It's a good cover for vandalizing things in a park.
It's a good cover for tagging buildings, sidewalks, and other things in the park.
It's a good cover for dealing drugs in the park.
It's a good cover for littering in the park.

lol.

It's just so much fun.

I just started DG and I dont know why I like it but I can say for sure its addictive. I cant sleep some nights, just lay there thinking about throws on differnt holes, how many more disc's I fit into my bag (got 11, 4 more coming), things I need to improve on next time out. I joined the winter leauge and I hate the cold. Allready told santa if he dont bring me a DG basket i'm gonna break his legs !!! May have to go to rehabb soon , I'M HOOKED !!!

I think most of the reasons I play have been pretty well covered - the fun, the exercise, the challenge, etc. The only thing I might add is that I think this sport has a good mix of laid back and competitiveness. At least that's the case with the group I usually play with.

I've always been involved in sports ... and this is cheaper than most and doesn't require anyone but me to be willing to play.

Of course the drive to improve and the mental exercise of planning the approach to each hole entice me to play more often as well.

To defy the laws of gravity!

The opportunity to spend time on this planet and all of it's glorious nature & then challenge that nature's situations with my mind, body, and a disc.

To do something where you are always improving and growing is worth while... plus it's rewarding, an ace is one of the most rewarding sensations out there!

Why do I play?

#1; For the flight of the disc. The good,bad,ugly ones. The drives,approaches and putts. 1A;THE SOUND OF HITTING THE CHAINS!!.. On a two footer or a perfect 30/40 footer! The middle of winter I don't play alot but I find my self NEEDING to hear chains!.......Do I need help?

Im 17, never been too interested in sports, but disc golf is just perfect.
Im actually GOOD at it
it can be super competitive or just relaxed
i always have felt the need to improve, and that is all this past year has been

1. Exercise.
2. Fun.
3. Competition with others and trying to improve my own personal best scores.
4. Nature. Seen an albino squirrel today.
5. Having a perfect round every now and then.
6. Not very expensive.

While I was studying classical guitar at Juilliard I became fascinated with the blues in general and Robert Johnson's music in particular. I became obsessed with learning how Johnson developed his sound and with finding a famed "missing song" that showed the famed bluesman at his greatest but then was lost to the world. During my quest I found that one of Johnson's longtime collaborators, Willie Brown, was incarcerated in a nearby prison. After meeting with him several times and playing my guitar for him, Willie agreed to show me the "lost song" if I busted him out of prison and get him to Mississippi. I agreed and we hoboed our way down South. We eventually came to a crossroads in rural Mississippi where Willie told me that there was no missing song and that he and Robert Johnson had gained their musical talents in a deal with the Devil. The Devil then showed up to remind Willie that he still owed him his soul, but offered me a deal to free Willies soul if I could win a head-cutting duel against blues-metal guitar hero Jack Butler. I thought the whole thing was made up, so I accepted. Turns out this "Jack Butler" dude could play like Steve Vai! I was toast. The Devil than revealed to me my fate...I was dammed to frequent out of the way parks and throw goofy plastic saucers at odd shaped B-B-Q grills for all eternity.

So to paraphrase Flip Wilson, I play disc golf because the Devil makes me do it.

I play because I love it. For most of the aforementioned reasons.

- I love the sight of disc as it leaves my hand, and goes where I want it to go. Or even when it doesn't, I love trying to figure out why.

-I love the sound of the chains when you sink that putt.

-Hanging out with my friends, if only for a couple of hours, getting to BS and feed into that competitive fire that still burns.

-I love trying to learn how to throw new discs, or out of certain situations.

-It's a brief escape from my everyday duties...husband, dad, employee,etc..., I can just leave it all behind for a few hours. Having said that, I can't wait til my kids are old enough to come out with me, and I hope they love the game like I do.

-it's pure. it is you versus the course, it is you versus yourself.

-and lastly...damn it's fun.

I've stated quite a few times that I'm an old guy with more than my fair share of physical limitations/disabilities. I've always loved playing competitive games and I've always loved being outdoors. I've always loved doing something outside of the mainstream and I sincerely hope disc golf stays that way.

If we are honest it's easy to do. Hell, anyone can throw a frisbee. But then we have to throw our discs dead straight or 1000 feet or make it turn to the left or the right or both. We have to throw it under trees or over them or around them. Up hills and down them. We have to throw when the wind is gusting like a banshee. Rain, snow and the blistering heat. And none of that is easy. It's a thinking man's game.

I can throw a disc horribly wrong 50 times only to throw one perfectly. And that's the one that keeps me coming back.

i started because i need something to replace kiteboarding. but kept coming back to it because i just love watchin the disc fly. i guess i'm kinda of privilaged to have gotten to know a few pro's when i firs started and watchin them just BOMB em got me hooked. also it's to get me outside. if not i'de just be sittin at home playin video games bein lasy. some of the awesomeness of nature. can be played alone or with a group. not mainstreem which seems to be a theme w me (dreadlocks n lots of piercings). not having to wear goffy pants like the ball golfers lol. fairly cheap sport as long as i don't throw em in the drink. good crowd of people. learnin curve is very steep. that perfect throw. i think my first perfect throw is what really got me hooked. so many options for shots from each lie. gettin friends hooked (the one's that don't think i'm a total nerd). dying discs. knowing every time i go out i get just that much better. there's got to be more in my soul but i'll end it for now

Where else can you have 4 hours of fun for the cost of a little gas and a bottle water.

Latest posts