• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Most stable Valkyrie?

If you want overstable, go with star as it is what you want out of the box. For you, about 171-173g.

I hate to tell you that Star is not the most overstable, Champ is. this is because Star is a blend of Champ (overstable) and Pro (understable) and Star will beat to understable where champ will stay stable but like Frank D said, a Viking is a stabalized Valk and throws great

Valkyrie++++ OVERRATED!!!!

We all know the world record holder and all!!! BLAH<BLAH<BLAH!!!!!!! Still overrated!!!!

Depends on what you want your valk to do...are you just turning it over because you won't put any hyzer on the damn thing? maybe your form sucks?

Valks were and are a big d kind of disc, they freaking GO. If you're turning them over it's either a BEAT disc..or you just need to put some hyzer on it. If thrown correctly you can put some stank on a valkyrie.

In all seriousness though the champ valks are my favorite, and the JK champ valks even better if you can find one. I think I've got one kicking around somewhere...

If I need a stable Valk, I do what you probably should do...I grab a Viking. I love me the viking.

I've been throwing a lot of wraiths lately too, they're similar to a valk in some ways with the idea of not much HSS stability but enough LSS to bring it back.

\/\/

I have a DX, Star, and Champ Valk and the Champ is the most stable of the three. I don't throw Valk's for their stability, so the Champ was traded away. My DX one is a hyzerflip distance machine, and my Star goes nice and straight after it pops up from light hyzer.

The Valk really isn't designed to be stable. That should also be noted.

Bingo.

I have a DX, Star, and Champ Valk and the Champ is the most stable of the three. I don't throw Valk's for their stability, so the Champ was traded away. My DX one is a hyzerflip distance machine, and my Star goes nice and straight after it pops up from light hyzer.

I would totally check out a Star valk if I'm ever in the market for another Valk. Right now I use a Champ valk for overhead throws and a 150 class champ valk for bh drives from time to time.

\/\/

I have a 171 champ, 169 pro, and recently lost a 169 star. Of those three the most stable is the champ then star and pro. I have a 172 echo star on order so I'll let you know how about it in a week. Generally speaking I've heard that the echo plastic is a little stiffer, more domey, and slightly more overstable than the regular star. I haven't seen any echo valks in stores but other echo plastic I've seen does seem more domey.

This is the last time I ask something on this site.

I threw a boss today and it is super stable (I throw 240'~), you should get one of those. It reminds me a lot of a stable Valk.

Latest posts