• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Most Underrated Disc Ever!

The Aviar Driver is the big bead aviar mold and it is a great disc. They are considerably more stable than a regular P&A Aviar.

DX Aviar Drivers the best. They are not in regular production, but they aren't hard to find. I believe I will be changing to DX BB Aviars (from JK Aviars) in January.

Thanks for responding. I've been really close to buying one many times, and now that you have said what you have I believe I will grab one and try it out.

I think the Star Aviar driver is a piece of crap compared to all the other Aviars. It seems to be the most stable Aviar in the group if that's what your looking for, but it really lacks glide and the Star plastic just doesn't do it for me in a putter. I use a KC Pro for my driving putter. The DX BB's are money as well.

Here's another vote for the SL...aka Pro Starfire! :thmbup:

I have a beat 171 Star SL and a newer 175 Star SL in the bag right now. I also have an old Pro Starfire that is $$$ for anhyzer shots, but I am going to have to take it out of the bag for winter golf b/c it's white.

dye it?

Kind of surprised the Axis hasn't gotten more fans than it has. I thought a disc you can put on a perfectly straight line at essentially any range you're capable of throwing it without it being touchy would have found its way into a lot of bags. I'm sure they'll catch on as they make their way into peoples hands. If the weather holds I'll make an Axis / Ion vid sometime over the holidays.

^ I can't wait to try an axis once I get some new discs, but now its kinda pointless because I can't really play much in the winter. In fact, I want to get a vector and an ion too. I suspect the fan base for the axis isn't as huge as it would be due to the already extremely popular buzzz, which supposedly occupies a similar spot in peoples bags.

Westside Swan. I've never seen anyone throw it but me so it must be under rated.

I threw both, but liked the Champs better.

what kind of dome does your champ have? i throw echo star and it has a nice dome to it. my buddy has a champ and it has a ridiculous dome to it. id give champ a shot if i knew it wasnt going to be a bubble!

COBRA!

Can the Cobra get some love? I never see anyone throw one (south eastern VA). I bag 3, one star and two DX that i cycle in different weights. DX Cobras glide forever, 275-300ft easily with a snappy hyzer flip. Seriously, you can make them do anything.