• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Most Underrated Disc Ever!

Most underrated disc ever is Prodiscus Midari. Super straight, stable and long midrange!

When I bring someone out for the first time, I give them my Condor.

Easy to throw, but more "disc-like" than a Makani or Zephyr. It's also what I learned to forehand with.

When I bring someone out for the first time, I give them my Condor.

Easy to throw, but more "disc-like" than a Makani or Zephyr. It's also what I learned to forehand with.

I need to break out a Champ Condor I have sitting in the basement for a Condor/Zephyr round soon.

Gateway has to be most under rated for something. The original Speed Demon was my Firebird disc for a long time. Great grip but always warped near the rim. The Sure Grip Demons were fun too.

I think the Speed Demon is the AGL Cedar now, and yeah pretty much anything from the Gateway midrange or driver lineup is underrated. Another one they gave to AGL was the Karma (now it's the Magnolia), which used to be the Element-X, I thought that one was really underrated, nice slightly overstable mid that was great for thumb and flick rollers.

Maybe not on DGCR, but the Comet is still the most underrated disc. People just don't realize what can be done with it even if they have watched MJ or Fish throw them (or me, to a much lesser extent) It's the single disc I'd recommend anyone try and learn to throw. And so many people that I meet still have never thrown one

Maybe not on DGCR, but the Comet is still the most underrated disc. People just don't realize what can be done with it even if they have watched MJ or Fish throw them (or me, to a much lesser extent) It's the single disc I'd recommend anyone try and learn to throw. And so many people that I meet still have never thrown one

I was just grabbing discs this morning to bring to work, and the Comet came with me. We have a narrow back yard that's really good for practicing tunnel shots on.

I've always struggled with my grip on the Comet but this morning I said, "Dammit, I'm going to learn this disc if it kills me"!

My journey starts today.

Raging Inferno from Quest AT. It was actually a pretty legit distance driver, I have some protos that fly just as well as my Destroyers/Outlaws and they came out earlier. Once Quest jumped the shark, the couple decent molds they had were forgotten.

I was just grabbing discs this morning to bring to work, and the Comet came with me. We have a narrow back yard that's really good for practicing tunnel shots on.

I've always struggled with my grip on the Comet but this morning I said, "Dammit, I'm going to learn this disc if it kills me"!

My journey starts today.

Check out a SOL is you can get your hands on one. Just like the Comet, you can learn the finesse to put on it. If I was a BH dominate player I'd definitely bag one.

100% the Birdie

Awesome straight flying brick, and absolutely nobody throws them because "they're for beginners" which is complete BS.

Pfffff, please. A well known pro throws them and is known for it. Also it can't really be underrated when it's considered one of the 3 best known midrange discs of all time in the Roc-Buzzz-Comet holy trinity.

Pfffff, please. A well known pro throws them and is known for it. Also it can't really be underrated when it's considered one of the 3 best known midrange discs of all time in the Roc-Buzzz-Comet holy trinity.

Right, so people who follow the pros and know the roc-buzzz-comet trinity are all people who know the sport well and follow forums closely. A lot of normal players couldn't tell you who Michael Johansen is or know what a Comet does. There's a reason why roc-buzzz is more well known - because so many more people throw them.

Right, so people who follow the pros and know the roc-buzzz-comet trinity are all people who know the sport well and follow forums closely. A lot of normal players couldn't tell you who Michael Johansen is or know what a Comet does. There's a reason why roc-buzzz is more well known - because so many more people throw them.

Ok perhaps I am not framing my statement properly to convey my issue. Let me try this again.

Underrated? Perhaps.

MOST underrated of ALL TIME? Not without some major mental gymnastics IMO.

Enigma

Probably not the most underrated disc ever, but I'm really starting to dig the Enigma. It flies like a mellow, broken in star Destroyer. Surprisingly long, glidey disc for speed 12. Nicely workable and easy to throw.

Discmania/L64 got this one right. I think it flies like a more refined Trespass.

The Enigma is pretty unknown, but very much worth a look.

Aanything by Lighting discs, I feel was always underrated due to the company except the Rubber Putter and #2 Upshot. The modern plastic, the base stuff with DuPont in the plastic is almost a Pro/X type plastic and the Prostyle is amazingly durable.

Back when I first started playing I used to putt with an x comet I believe it was. This was before the champ spider and 180 gram flying squirrel lol. I've still never really thrown one and I don't see hardly anyone using one. Definitely underrated.