• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mounting discs on the ceiling?

Another option would be to get some 2x2's, get one ripped with a miter saw to create 2 triangular pieces. Nail triangle to 2x2 nail assembly to wall. The triangle should now be a vertical face you can put nails in to hang your discs.

You cant rip 2x2s with a Miter saw, you have to use a table saw on a bevel.... just sayin. :)

Velcro applied to opposite sides of a small square of half inch thick foam.
A small tab of Velcro stuck to wall. A small tab of Velcro stuck to back of disc.
Hobby Lobby.

2:00 AM insomniac solution.

This sounds like the best solution so far. No damage done to the walls (or disc), easy to install, and easy to move discs around to different spots if you feel like rearranging. Although I would make that an inch thick block of foam.

This sounds like the best solution so far. No damage done to the walls (or disc), easy to install, and easy to move discs around to different spots if you feel like rearranging. Although I would make that an inch thick block of foam.

I second that. ...but still, spike hyzering a driver at 90% power into an 8ft vaulted drywall ceiling sounds super fun. :|

However, if its a popcorn ceiling he might have a hard time getting the adhesive to stick at all.

Last edited:
create a rail with 2 1x1s. router one side of each and nail them up parallel a disc length apart with the routered part against the ceiling then slide discs in there

This is an awesome suggestion :clap:. You could get some really nice woods (cocobolo or brazilian mahogany) that could potentially add a lot of character to the ceiling even without discs.

It would also allow you to put the discs wherever you wanted. I'm thinking along the lines of not being able to fill the entire ceiling at first and sliding discs like they were Connect 4 pieces to make shapes n' patterns.

I may actually just do this on my garage ceiling. I've been wanting to display my discs but I don't have enough contiguous space on the walls. This is why I DGCR it up at work. Productivity. :D If it comes to fruition I'll post some pictures :)

This is an awesome suggestion :clap:. You could get some really nice woods (cocobolo or brazilian mahogany) that could potentially add a lot of character to the ceiling even without discs.

It would also allow you to put the discs wherever you wanted. I'm thinking along the lines of not being able to fill the entire ceiling at first and sliding discs like they were Connect 4 pieces to make shapes n' patterns.

I may actually just do this on my garage ceiling. I've been wanting to display my discs but I don't have enough contiguous space on the walls. This is why I DGCR it up at work. Productivity. :D If it comes to fruition I'll post some pictures :)

Discs are different sizes.... Parallel bracket sized to fit a driver would be too small for a putter, and vice versa.

Routed wood is the best solution so far. Difference in driver/putter/midrange diameters is easy to address by having the routed lip exceed the diameter difference. So a small driver might have a little more play than a mid that fits in precisely.

I wouldn't mess around with mounting brackets or screws on the 45 degree angle, since most are made for picture wire or hooks on vertical faces.

I have tried to use plate hangers before but ended up switching to cutting foam backing. The tabs that grab plates may work for wide drivers but don't deal with thickness of putters or mids as well.

Routed wood is the best solution so far. Difference in driver/putter/midrange diameters is easy to address by having the routed lip exceed the diameter difference. So a small driver might have a little more play than a mid that fits in precisely.

I wouldn't mess around with mounting brackets or screws on the 45 degree angle, since most are made for picture wire or hooks on vertical faces.

I have tried to use plate hangers before but ended up switching to cutting foam backing. The tabs that grab plates may work for wide drivers but don't deal with thickness of putters or mids as well.

Just no Condors! :D

Use magnets somehow maybe? Attach a magnet to both the wall and the disc with hot glue. Not sure how hot glue would affect the disc but I would guess it would be okay and easily removable if you needed to. And you would have easy access to each one.

Both magnets and hot glue are cheap so that's a bonus.

I'd customize that shii with some beveled edges of your own. Some strips of stained wood with beveled edges could look really nice. Two strips with different depths/designs at the top and bottom should allow different diameter discs to be inserted and removed. It is hard to hard to picture how many discs, the lighting, and your price but that's what I'm picturing (stoned).

You could cut very thin strips of Plexiglas (1"x1/2") and drill a small hole in one end. Use a very thin nail to hold in a bracket in place leaving room to fit the disc under. Three of these brackets should work on each disc.

Well, I think the horse is already dead. But I will trample some more, if I may..

Common sense isn't common any more.

Latest posts