• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Movement in top 10

i believe it would need a total of 21 reviews to make the DGCR worldwide rankings list.

If I could have only 5 bucket-list courses. Hillcrest would be one of them.

Ah okay! I'm pretty sure I asked that before. And I'll most likely ask it again in the future. :D

I don't think a Hillcrest trip is going to happen this year for me. Maybe in 2023. So many courses and so little time...

And we need to get more reviewers to book trips to Prince Edward Island! After 10-ish years, Hillcrest still needs more reviews to leap into the Top Ten!

That's funny, I feel the same way about Kincaid Park in Anchorage, AK. If Kincaid were closer to a large population area, it would be a household name by now

That's funny, I feel the same way about Kincaid Park in Anchorage, AK. If Kincaid were closer to a large population area, it would be a household name by now

100% agree!!! I thought there were some minor things that could be improved with signage etc., but the golf itself and the aesthetic were <3<3<3

What are the best courses in the area for a short armed guy lol?

I don't live in St.Louis, and not familiar with all of them, but played quite a few.

As a noodle arm myself, I can say:
Quail Ridge was a lot of fun
Same for Jefferson Barracks, original.
Also enjoyed Indian Camp Creek.

Not a fan of Wilmore.

There's a good amount of options for shorter driving folks.
White Birch: Super short old school course.
Quail Ridge: Short and mostly wooded. My personal favorite in the area.
Jefferson Barracks: I agree with Bogey, super fun and not too long. If courses in the area had a captain it would be this course. The Bunker is next door but is longer and more challenging.
Indian Camp Creek has some longer holes but I believe the pars are forgiving, especially from the short tees.
Willmore: The most played course in St. Louis, but is hit an miss in quality and popularity. It's location is a big factor in how many people play it. Whether the grass is mowed or not can really impact enjoyment.
Hudson Park: Another short wooded course.
Woodland Chains: On Illinois side and doesn't play too long.
Unger: Mostly wooded or tight fairway shots that are pretty short except for 7 and 9.
Wilson: A brand new course on Illinois side that plays short. I'm pretty intermediate and shot a -7 on my first round there. Really nice park.
Fort Zumwalt: I don't remember too many long holes. Mix of open and woods. Not a favorite of mine - Not much of a fan personally.

New Melle and La Vista are the two best courses in the St. Louis area overall (I consider Eagle's Crossing to be outside the area). La Vista plays pretty short overall from the red tees, and I didn't find the white tees to be too difficult distance wise. I believe New Melle plays a little longer and has a lot of distance variety pin-side, but also has short tees.

That's great to hear. That complex had largely flown under my personal radar til this came up. Now I am WELL aware of it and it has shot to the top of my 'gotta go play' list.

It's at the top of mine as well. I just wish it were in a more accessible area as it seems like quite the journey to even get to. Which is fine as I drove all the way to MA just to play Maple Hill so not too big a deal. I will get up there one of these days.

I definitely enjoyed Kincaid Park. It was beautiful and the course is very good!

I was with my wife and daughter there and we had a way-too-close encounter with a mother moose and her two babies. It is fun to remember, but it was a far-from-fun experience in those few moments.

It's possible to play both in one day - a couple friends and I managed to in mid-November. Both courses are a workout though, so I'm not sure I'll be doing that again. I think Harmony would have been even more enjoyable if we hadn't hiked around Eagles for 3 hours that morning.

we are headed to Ames for state games tourney. route is from St louis on the way then heading south to columbia on the way back

Coming back for not disc golfing for like 3-4 years and seeing Flip City is now #3 makes me sad.

No movement necessarily but a 3.5 review of Rollin Ridge by Swatso. Lower than I'd personally rate it but I think my rating is a bit high. 4.25 if I could would be fitting. Harmony Bends gets knocked for the same, albeit more drastic, con. Drainage. "Bog" and flood plain are different things to me though. I gave it a thumbs up. Discuss.

I don't agree with the rating (at all), but in my mind it's clearly a helpful review. It goes into sufficient detail regarding the reasoning behind the rating. I thumbed it up as well.

Last edited:
No movement necessarily but a 3.5 review of Rollin Ridge by Swatso. Lower than I'd personally rate it but I think my rating is a bit high. 4.25 if I could would be fitting. Harmony Bends gets knocked for the same, albeit more drastic, con. Drainage. "Bog" and flood plain are different things to me though. I gave it a thumbs up. Discuss.

i get the boggy conditions being a con. thankfully it was almost entirely dry when i played it.

i don't get how the plethora of multiple tees and multiple baskets is somehow con. i realize he is not the only one who thinks this way. To me, the multitude of options is by far the course's biggest strength. i dont agree that the course is crammed, it doesnt have optimal spacing, but crammed is an over exaggeration and grasping for cons. i also dont agree with the poke and hope comment. its wooded fairway spacing is not much dissimilar than Harmon hills or the idgc courses. I recently read his review of morristown kiwanis, as i just played it, and for him to conclude that that one has fair lines and rollin ridge is 1/3 poke'n hope is bs.

i get the boggy conditions being a con. thankfully it was almost entirely dry when i played it.

i don't get how the plethora of multiple tees and multiple baskets is somehow con. i realize he is not the only one who thinks this way. To me, the multitude of options is by far the course's biggest strength. i dont agree that the course is crammed, it doesnt have optimal spacing, but crammed is an over exaggeration and grasping for cons. i also dont agree with the poke and hope comment. its wooded fairway spacing is not much dissimilar than Harmon hills or the idgc courses. I recently read his review of morristown kiwanis, as i just played it, and for him to conclude that that one has fair lines and rollin ridge is 1/3 poke'n hope is bs.

:popcorn:

Latest posts