• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Moving For Disc Golf

TalbotTrojan

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Lets say you could move to any city in the world, but the reason that you were going to move there was because it had the best disc golf scene with the greatest number of top notch courses and enough tournaments in the local area to keep you busy for the entire year, where would you move to?

i would have to say texas. only for disc golf. i think the only good thing besides dg in texas is the cowboys.

The best thing about Texas, aside from Disc Golf, is that everyone that lives here still rides horses, wears 10 gallon hats, and King of the Hill takes place in Arlington. And we got the Cowboys.

and the choking philly teams are?

Im sorry who made the playoffs? and what preseason super bowl favorites got their tails whooped to miss the playoffs?
just sayin ... :p
granted we lost, but we still made it farther after we were left for dead

I am not a huge fan of Texas in general, but I think there are also many reasons to like the state as well. Are there any specific cities in Texas that have a better Disc Golf Scene? I am also curious to hear the reasons behind the noting of Charlotte, NC, and reasons why there?

I'd have to say the Twin Cities, but I guess than I wouldn't even need to move :). There aren't necessarily really good courses, but there is a lot of variety.

Appleton, Wisconsin. Lots of good courses. Though I have to admit, I haven't played all over the country like some of you have.

You would have to move to the Lehigh Valley in PA 10 elite courses you can play within 50 miles. Great disc golf community. Bonus is you are sure to find some of my lost discs on all those killer courses....

Austin and Houston Texas both have quite an impressive disc golf scene and array of courses.
One is able to disc golf in Texas year round seeing as it never snows here and winters are quite bearable.
Texas also has every geographical landscape of the United States within its border making each course unique.

Despite the fact that the Cowboys are in Texas, it seems that they potentially have one of the biggest DG scenes. Not to mention the year round aspect. This year round aspect makes me think that places like Colorado, Minnesota and even Michigan are out. But there has to be somewhere else that offers good year round weather for Disc Golf. I currently live in Southern California but what I have found is that the DG community is a lot more laid back and eh whatever. I played a tournament and had several people admit that they love the game but would like to keep it just the way it is in So Cal. It seems that there has to be a better scene than this. I like the idea of Charlotte and would love to hear more about it. Are there any other good cities in the Southeast that could beat Charlotte?

I have to say that everytime I come back to Texas I am more and more impressed with how such a conservative state welcomes such a liberal sport like Disc Golf. My hat off to them. Lord knows they have enough room for it. = )

I like the idea of Charlotte and would love to hear more about it. Are there any other good cities in the Southeast that could beat Charlotte?
Like the post above says, there are some of the best course in America here in Charlotte. The Winthrop course is where the Worlds are held and it's 15 minutes south of Charlotte. Renaissance is probable the hardest course you will ever play. Each is different and challenging.

Charlotte itself is a great place to live...except for banking, it's fairly recession proof and cost of living is not too bad. The weather is good with mild winters and not too hot summers. Plus, your an hour and a half from the mountains and three hours from the beach.