• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mr. America needs help! With Video!

I'm a little confused by this shoulder plane thing. Everybody says to the disc through at the chest, so when I do that, my arm continues around in the follow through "off plane". I think I compensate for that sometimes by rotating my wrist under. Key word being sometimes, as sometimes I get the big turnovers, probably when I don't roll my wrist under.

So how the hell is somebody supposed to pull the disc through at chest height, get some sort of arm/shoulder plane going, and maintain that plane?

By transferring your weight forward properly. You'll notice that the more hyzer a pro uses on a throw, the more over the disc he is, leaning forward.

I think it's taken me until reading this thread that when you guys say "lean forward" you don't mean toward the basket. You mean forward at the waist. Posting this so anyone else who is as dense as I am doesn't have to admit it.

I think it's taken me until reading this thread that when you guys say "lean forward" you don't mean toward the basket. You mean forward at the waist. Posting this so anyone else who is as dense as I am doesn't have to admit it.

lol:thmbup:

Tonight's mini round reinforced to me the importance of pointing the elbow at the target in setting up the throw.

You are correct sir! Leaning forward (from the waist - over the hands) and weight shift are the most common errors I see with new players. Throwing a golf disc is an athletic endeavor. I can't think of any sport that is effectively played with the body erect. Think baseball. You are taught to lean over the hands, shift your weight and follow through when you pitch. This allows for greater power and speed. The concept is the same throwing a golf disc. The main difference is the reversal of footwork and the backhand, instead of overhand, throw. The transfer of power from the legs and torso are the same.