• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Multiflora rosa

What kind of native vegetation makes a decent substitute for recently removed multi-flora and other invasive species?

I would not worry about planting as native species will naturally come back once the Motha Frucka Rosa is out....just be sure to get the plant as far away or disposed of so it cant regenerate..also be vigilant about stamping out sprouts as it will take a season or 2 for the beast to be overtaken by native plants.:thmbup:

If I were closer I'd come and help yank all that junk out.
I build trails in the parks and have experience getting rid of those bushes. The last thing you want is one of those things grabbing you when you fly by on a mountain bike.

The best method is to get most of the root out. Like already stated, have someone hold the bush out of the way with a rake while you cut it down to a manageable size. We usually cut them with a small chainsaw, hand saw or a trimmer with a metal disc. Drag all the tops away. Then use something to get the roots out like a pulaski or my favorite, Rogue 55A http://www.roguehoe.com/firefighters/55a.html It should only take a couple hits and you will be surprised the amount of area you can clear. Make sure you keep your eyes covered! I've had some really close calls.

Latest posts