• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Multiple color dyeing

Definitely not coming off. And you might just smear it. I'd leave it alone and take it as a lesson learned. That's how you get better. You try things. Sometimes they work. Sometimes they don't. You learn either way. One thing to keep in mind. Whatever you use vinyl, or contact paper. Take the time to make sure your edges are down very well, that will minimize the bleeding.

Oh yeah, nice marbling in the hair. I like it.

That's what I was thinking. I just get excited and rush sometimes. I'm pretty happy with it, and a lot of people compliment me on it. Compliments are always good but its like any artwork. It's never perfect and never finished.

Ill work at it some more but man it's pretty outside. The Texas heat hasn't really kicked in yet.

I just did my first couple discs with the orcal 651 after moving from a cheaper vinyl and am much happier. Haven't tried painting yet but there are a few guys who are really good who do some amazing things with that method. Probably the best advice I've gotten on dyeing didn't have to do with anything physical. Remember, no matter how unhappy you may be with how a disc turns out, it's still one of a kind. You can have ugly runs, de-lammed vinyl, colors that don't turn out quite right, or just random stuff that happens but at the end of the day it's the only disc like it and that makes it special. I was pissed when I saw all the runs in this one because I was doing it for a friend but when he got it he thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Attachments

• IMG_0568.JPG
    IMG_0568.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 21
Oh yeah, that one was one of the last that I did with my old vinyl. Orcal is much better as you can see in this one. (The blurring is where I made my phone number mostly go away)

Attachments

• IMG_0982.jpg
    IMG_0982.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 22

Latest posts