• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Multiple putter molds?

I used to run with Wizards/Warlocks, but now I just ions. I typically carry three, a concave soft for in the circle putting, regular soft for out of circle putting, and a medium for approach shots.

Though honestly, I could probably do all of it just with the concave soft.

I carry

2 SSS 174g Magic (all putts)
1 175g Pro Pig (driving putter for windy conditions and forehand utility)
1 175 Med Ion (everything else, driver, super windy putter, ect)

It's not a bad idea to carry more than one putter mold but make sure you have a purpose for them and a reason to keep all the molds. I use the Pig about once every 18 holes and the Ion about eight times for 18 holes as well.

I've come to this conclusion as well. Each putter has a different purpose. So what if it doesn't get used in a round. I keep coming back to the champ Rhyno for windier putts, and approaches where I'm not throwing a mid.

For my 2nd putter, I flip back and forth between a Wizard, Pure, and Swan2 since I'm still learning. The Wizard feels "slow" to me, meaning it takes more force to get it to the basket so I'm not using that one as much, especially if there's any wind. The other 2 are great and almost interchangeable.

I carry 3 putter molds when I'm being serious:

1 D Magnet
1 D Challenger
1 D Zone

The Magnet is my primary putter, but if I miss an easy putt (within 30') then I'll throw my Challenger on the next hole, then back,etc. This is working really well for me. It's something mental, and when I miss a putt I lose confidence in the mold, so throwing a different putter in the same mold just doesn't seem to work. Changing to a different one has yielded some great results. Blaming the disc, and not me (I know .. I know) seems to keep my confidence level up. It's easier for me to say, "The magnet is not working for me today" than to think, "God, my putting is AWFUL right now."

I carry the Zone for upshots, short drives (I have an ESP Zone for longer short drives), and stiff headwinds. Depending on how the day is going, I've even switched it in for my primary putter (because it feels better, it's high-tide, or it's the 3rd tuesday of an even-numbered month in a leap-year). It's what ever I mentally feel like I can hit the putt with when I walk up to my lie.

I categorize my putters between "putters" and "utility putters"

I use 1 Ion for putting. That is my only putter.

For my utility putters, I use a BB Aviar for spike approaches or hooking left drives, I use a Summit for Anhyzer "get out of trouble" situations or going around trees for a layup if needed, and I use another Ion for drives and for regular ass approaches.

Most of my game is putter based, so I like having all of my options covered. Some may argue that using 1 mold for everything is the way to go, but I stand firm in my opinion that there are better putters for different shots.

i carry 2.5 putter molds.
voodoos putts and bh approaches( have several in different stages of wear)
money for fh approaches.
wedge this is the one i call a .5 putter because i use it more as a mid then a putter.

I carry 2. As weird as it sounds, i use the soft star Dart when im on a hill or uneven ground. I fell like the disc flattens out in my hand relative to the ground. All other putts i use an old school "thro-in-the-dark" Avair Glo. it will hold any line i put it on. Some times when i need a change up, Ill putt w the KC pro Roc

I carry multiples on a regular basis. But the courses I play regularly are relatively short. I use the Pure, Zone & Polecat. Pure is for general driving and putting. Zone is for FH and OS utility. Polecat is for short drives, downhill shots and US utility. I'm thinking about adding a VooDoo for putting. so yeah multiple putter molds can work.

i putt with sb aviars.
approaches/drives and real long putts with yetis.
FH and short meathooks with the rhyno/zone.

leaning lately towards the zone for the latter.

I carry 3 putter molds: Magic, BB Aviar, and Zeppelin.

Magic for putting only. BB Aviars and Zeppelin for drives and approaches. The Zeppelin gets used quite a bit on some courses, and on others I may not throw it at all.

I carry three different putter molds, but I only use one for putting. I used Pro D Challengers for putting and straight to turnover drives and upshots. I use the ESP Banger GT for stable to overstable drives and upshots and the ESP Zone for forehand drives/upshots and as a utility disc. So, to answer your question, I only putt with one mold of putter, but I use other molds of putters, just not to putt.