• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Music While Playing?

Music While Playing

• I like a soundtrack to my game

Votes: 28 18.7%
  • Unnecessary noise

Votes: 41 27.3%
  • Don't care either way

Votes: 28 18.7%
  • Depends on mood, weather, other circumstances, etc.

Votes: 53 35.3%

• Total voters

bcr123psu

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
I just started rockin' the ipod when I'm playing solo and I wanted to see what everybody else thinks about having tunes on when playing. I'm kind of split: I like the solitude of nothing but me and my thoughts but I also like having some good music as a backdrop for my game. Thoughts?

I do both, but I only just recently got speakers for my ipod. I can't stand having headphones in while throwing. Fall out, get in the way, etc. I used to play with a group though that had speakers and played them that way, I loved it.

Unnecessary. My GF does bring the Sirius sometimes. But its never annoyingly loud. But I'd prefer just to listen to the birds & the breeze through the branches.

I just got some speakers for my Ipod and I love it when playing casual rounds. I wouldn't even think of bringing it to a tournament though.

I personally do not have anything to play music when by myself but if someone else has music with them it is a treat. I love to have music and i really need to invest in some portable speakers.

Whenever I listened to music, I would drive super ridiculously far, which was rarely a good thing and on top of that, my puts would all miss wide. Not sure why, it just happened that way.

I've tried using my ipod when practicing before....I just end up listening to the music and not focusing on throwing enough. I've also had people play music during a league....most annoying thing ever. I like quiet when I play...the sounds of nature...I actually prefer traffic or talking while I throw as opposed to music.

I only listen to music when I'm playing if I'm playing alone.

Otherwise I don't bother.

But if I'm out there by myself I like having the background music to keep me company.

\/\/

I like music while I'm practicing, but not while I'm actually on the course. If I'm actually playing a round I prefer to hear what's going on around me, and I usually play with my gf so it's a good time for us to hang out and talk.

ive never liked music during any athletic events

I actually got an ipod shuffle recently just for the course. I play a lot of rounds by myself on a very secluded course, and it's very nice to have the background music. That said, I prefer to listen with the volume almost all the way down so I can still hear things around me. John Coltrane (w/ his Quartet) is super awesome dg music, as is Velvet Underground and mid- to late- 70's David Bowie. I do everything better with music going.

i dont mind it if it is a casual round, but if im playing for tags its a distraction.

I'd go as far as saying that the music itself has an impact. I can play real chill-like if I have some Floyd on in the background, but if Rage Against the Machine or Tool comes on I tend to throw all "angry" like and things don't seem to go my way.

I like music but I can play without it. When I do have music, it is on the speakers that sit in my bag. I can't stand the feel of the ipod in my pocket and the earbuds dangling all over. I only play it loud enough for my own group to hear if there are no objections to tunes. If others in my group don't want to hear it, I can respect that and I don't put on the tunes. These are my casual round habits as I never play music in a tournament.

I'd go as far as saying that the music itself has an impact. I can play real chill-like if I have some Floyd on in the background, but if Rage Against the Machine or Tool comes on I tend to throw all "angry" like and things don't seem to go my way.

The style of music really doesn't seem to affect my playing, as long as I'm in the mood for it at that time. I've played very good rounds while listening to nothing but grindcore (ala Pig Destroyer or Agoraphobic Nosebleed), and one very bad round while listening to Miles Davis' Kind of Blue. Mostly I prefer a diverse mix, though. It seems to balance out better that way.

I'm undecided. I hate the headphones but also realize nobody likes my music. When I do listen to music it's usually early mourning when I'm the only one out there.
I find older rock is too chill(Tom petty and such)
hard rock is too much (rage, rise against)
and ska is just right!!!:)

I always jam. I dont have to listen to others talk about BS if I dont want too and if I do I turn it down a little

I bought some small speakers powered by battery's for my mp3 player and It sounds pretty good. It kind of depends on mood, atmosphere etc whether or not I put music on during play. When you take a break its nice to have some music to chill to though.

i dont like to have music playing while im trying to throw a good game.(which i try to do all the time)...i think its bothersome to even pass by another group that would have a radio, or whatever....i prefer to hear everything else thats goin on around me....i think it breaks my concentration...

....i think it breaks my concentration...

I can't concentrate well without music...the thing that bothers me the most is when people text or fiddle with their stupid phones while on the course.

Latest posts