• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Music while throwing?

hector69

Bogey Member
My phone has a mp3 player on it. I often play music while throwing, usually alone. However, if I am playing with someone, I always ask if the music bothers them. The volume is low enough that if I get 20' from my bag, I can barely hear it. Does this bother anyone else?

Searched for subject and found little - maybe I don't know how to search?

It really depends on my mood and where I'm playing. Sometimes I like hearing some tunes but other times I just enjoy the sounds of nature. Go ahead, call me a tree hugger.

it bothers me a decent bit when i can constantly hear someone's tinny cell phone music in the distance. as long as you're asking people their preference and not playing it loud enough that other groups can hear, you should be fine.

I don't listen to music per se while playing, though I am a big music fan and somewhat a musician (an amateur drummer). As Darth Anovin had mentioned enjoying 'the sounds of nature', I would have to agree with that. However, I usually have some song in my head at any given time, so I would say anything with a great uptempo, heavy, rockin' beat fires me up before making a big crunchy 350+ drive on an open hole. (ie 'Stinkfist' by Tool, 'One Of These Days' by Pink Floyd, 'Communication Breakdown' by Led Zeppelin, 'Cowboys From Hell' by Pantera, White Zombie's 'Thunder Kiss '65', 'The Ikon' intro by Todd Rundgren's Utopia, and Grohl's insanely fast intro to Nirvana's 'Breed', amongst others). Yes, you could say I am my 'own I-Pod' lol

Last edited:
i have these little speakers that have a carabiner clip and it just goes right on my bag. they sound pretty decent and can fit ipods and phones and whatever has 1/8in connection my ipod got washed so i dont use it as much anymore:(

I use one of these

41BF633HnML._AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/iSP110-Portable-Amplified-Stereo-Speaker/dp/B002OH5DB8/ref=pd_bxgy_e_img_c

$11
They actually sound pretty decent.

I usually play some pink floyd or shuffle

played with a guy that did the same thing in a tourney...not bad just annoying because he played this weird techno/emo playlist! Just be respectful, especially in tourneys

As long as others can't hear it. I like to play some tunes to but If I was walking up towards a tee and someone else is getting ready to throw I'll turn it off. But more times than not they just say no it's cool crank it up. I always try to be respectful to others on the course.

I'm definitely not a music person, but I caught up to a group with a little radio once and I enjoyed listening while we played.

I don't like it when others play music. First of all, it is usually coming out of an iSomething, and it is very very treble friendly. It sounds like a crappy ring tone. Second, it is usually reggae or death metal, neither of which I truly appreciate on the course. When I say reggae or death metal, I really mean the sound of static with some vocals thrown in, because that's what it sounds like when you are more than 20 feet away.

Even if you have great speakers, I still think it is selfish to think other people want to listen to your music. Music is like Politics, everybody has an opinion, and I likely don't like yours.

Do I listen to headphones? Nah, tried it once, the cord bugged me.

So, I guess, no. I don't like music on the course.

played with a guy that did the same thing in a tourney...not bad just annoying because he played this weird techno/emo playlist! Just be respectful, especially in tourneys

Absolutley NO music during tourneys. IMO, that is pretty disrespectful. A casual round is one thing, but if I'm paying to play, I don't wanna hear your music. Buy some earbuds if you want music!

^Veterans Park @ Sylmar, CA is pay to play, and that place has some of the worst death metal & reggae culprits!

Really. Hmm. Every time I'm there I run into people listening to Pink Floyd or Jimi Hendrix. I generally don't play on weekends tho.

Latest posts