• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Mvp Amp

So I got an Amp for Christmas. Threw it today. With no wind +/- 300 ft it flew like a longer Axis for me. It was pretty neutral. Any line I put it on, it pretty much stayed on. I was able to throw it down some tunnel like fairways that I normally throw the axis on. I throw the axis because I can keep it in the fairway, even though it comes up short. The Amp made it all the way through for a bird, which very rarely happens for me on that hole.

This is looking like it's going to be my favorite driver. Awesome disc so far. Its a 175 yellow.

After a few initial field tests, the Amp flew very well.
I was suprised as it slowly began to turn over, flattened out, then glided forever. I also liked the slight fade at the end.
Not sure how well it will do on a tight wooded course, but I can see the potential for an open long hole.

For my 300 ft of arm it's money in the woods. The only movement I got from it was a flip to flat when I released with hyper. It locked to flat and became a later beam. For me it's not understable but stable neutral like the axis is for me as well.

For my 300 ft of arm it's money in the woods. The only movement I got from it was a flip to flat when I released with hyper. It locked to flat and became a later beam. For me it's not understable but stable neutral like the axis is for me as well.

Someone's phone auto-correct is earning its keep.

Lol. Yup. Think I need to buy swift key. It was smarter than this keyboard.

Just switched to android, swift key is great.

Does anyone throw Rivers that has tried this? I picked up a River during the Black Friday sale, and and I have a couple of Amps from the DN preorder. I haven't been able to throw either since the weather got terrible.

I'm just curious how they compare, if at all.

I've thrown quite a few variations of rivers and my one 170 white amp. No comparison at all at 320'+. Amp is super flippy like an esp avenger ss, while the river has more glide and holds the turn without rolling better. A beat test material river and my amp might be similar, but in general river has more stability in my experience.

I've thrown quite a few variations of rivers and my one 170 white amp. No comparison at all at 320'+. Amp is super flippy like an esp avenger ss, while the river has more glide and holds the turn without rolling better. A beat test material river and my amp might be similar, but in general river has more stability in my experience.

I would say the exact opposite.. i had about 6 Amps of varying weight and color, they all fly more stable than my GL rivers. I can throw the amp on an anny line and it comes out of it with a little fade at the end. And i also find it hard to turn my Amps much without a lot of speed. However, i flattened one of my Amps with boiling water and now it flies a nice long anny and doesnt fight out of it into a fade so much like the rest.. more like a river.

I think my flat amp is more of what i thought the river would be. But nothing beats my rivers ability to get those HUGE long turns, that's for sure.

I would say the exact opposite.. i had about 6 Amps of varying weight and color, they all fly more stable than my GL rivers. I can throw the amp on an anny line and it comes out of it with a little fade at the end. And i also find it hard to turn my Amps much without a lot of speed. However, i flattened one of my Amps with boiling water and now it flies a nice long anny and doesnt fight out of it into a fade so much like the rest.. more like a river.

I think my flat amp is more of what i thought the river would be. But nothing beats my rivers ability to get those HUGE long turns, that's for sure.

Seconded. River is less stable than the Amp.

How far are you throwing? My amp flew stable at 300' and under, but as soon as I put some power on it, it turns a lot. Possibly my amp is less stable than most. I've had rivers that were beefy and some that were understable, but nothing close to my amp.

How far are you throwing? My amp flew stable at 300' and under, but as soon as I put some power on it, it turns a lot. Possibly my amp is less stable than most. I've had rivers that were beefy and some that were understable, but nothing close to my amp.

Perhaps when your throwing hard your form isn't as good and so your putting more OAT on the disc, causing it to turn more.

Also, with the first runs, there was some variation.. maybe you got a melon.

All of mine fly the same.. neutral-stable

methinks I gots an understable one. It flies about the same as my esp avenger ss. Don't think I'm torquing it with OAT, as thats not usually a problem for me (i can get close to full power drives on my aviar PnA without any noticeable wobble or turning early) I just figured that was how it was intended to fly. It is labeled understable D:

Mine is wicked understable but not uncontrollable, it's never burned on me but it has tracked a little more right on me than I want sometimes. Still dialing it in but so far I'm really enjoying it. The way it rolls is a nice compliment to my sidewinder which I can have trouble getting it to finish way right.

Finally played with my Amps today. Have had them since they came out and have been too busy and hurt to play....til today.:clap: It performed exactly as I hoped. With my power, it was long and straight with half the fade of the Volt when thrown flat. I actually got it to flip from flat a couple of times...may really be liking this disc. It was so windy today, it was hard to tell if what I got is what it actually does, but I think I got an accurate accounting. It actually handled the wind well, too. Surprised me. Think this will be a keeper.

FWIW...170 flo. yellow. Stretched it out close to 270' throwing mostly cross wind as it turned out..think i can do better without all the wind. I also have a 166 orange to try next...see if its any different.

Last edited:
I think i just have the first run stable ones.. will have to buy another in a few weeks and see how the later runs turn out.

i got a 169 gram red amp for christmas and its like the best disc i have. so many chucker holes around here maaaaan i just throw it flat and park it

i got a 169 gram red amp for christmas and its like the best disc i have. so many chucker holes around here maaaaan i just throw it flat and park it

Yep.

Between the Axis, Amp, and Ion, MVP discs will forever remain in my bag.