• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Mvp Amp

I am not a robot :) Mileage vary for everyone. I normally have 290-300 foot power (with Volt/Amp). I think my BH throwing is more spin than velocity (in terms of ratio). Anyway today I did throw two Amps that are seasoned (used them a lot in field work) and when throw flat, it started to do slow turn and it went all the way to the ground (low lines) at say around 280-290 feet with no fade. Those new Amps (the oranges one direct from MVP and carolina blue from DGC) throwing from flat, just went straight and then fade lightly at the end. However with some seasoning then it should fly similar as the former ones.

tu-f-o: I think you have one of more stable Amps. I have some Amps (esp white ones from first runs) that are quite more stable than current Amps I am using.

Yea it's storm trooper, I like it a lot.
It's in between an 11x teebird CA and an Eagle L to me.
Turns on command, yet more overstable/tighter line than an Eagle L.

The only thing is it's not very glidey compared to most other companies, but I think that would do well in winds/downhill shots.

I am not a robot :) Mileage vary for everyone. I normally have 290-300 foot power (with Volt/Amp). I think my BH throwing is more spin than velocity (in terms of ratio). Anyway today I did throw two Amps that are seasoned (used them a lot in field work) and when throw flat, it started to do slow turn and it went all the way to the ground (low lines) at say around 280-290 feet with no fade. Those new Amps (the oranges one direct from MVP and carolina blue from DGC) throwing from flat, just went straight and then fade lightly at the end. However with some seasoning then it should fly similar as the former ones.

Thanks. Your seasoned one is how mine flies, so I am guessing I got one with an abnormally low PLH. I am going to hunt for the lowest PLH Amp I can find, and then work on beating it in. Appreciate the insight!

onemilemore: You might find one, the pink one, in lake by USDGC hole 6 :) That one is most US Amp I throw. :)

Based on all the buzz on this forum I thought I'd try out some MVP discs. I'm loving 3 out out four (anode, tangent, axis) but I'm finding my amp disappointing as it's goes left for me every time RHBH. It just seems to be way more overstable than the ratings or my expectations. From reading this thread I see that there seems to be quite a variance in stability on these so I was wondering if anyone would want to even trade their understable/flippy one for a like new very stable one? Mine is hot pink and 172grams and very stable. This disc is in fantastic condition as it has only been thrown about 15-20 times in a grassy field and has never hit a tree or rock. It's pretty much like new. If you have and understable one want to trade for a stable one please let me know and maybe we can trade. Thanks.

P.S. I don't want to take time to beat mine in. I'd much rather just trade for something already understable.

Thanks.

Thanks.

How far do you throw the Amp? You might want to just sell it and buy the new disc coming out which is slower. Does it turn at all before fading left on you or just straight and fade?

You're definitely not alone in what you found with the Amp. For me, the White FRs were dead straight with Volt-like fade. More recent runs have been a little less stable, but it still takes anhyzer for mine to finish right (RHBH). Not a bad disc at all, but a Vision it ain't.

On the bright side, if the N Volts continue coming out flat and flying like Protons (0 3), I think the Amp might just take the slot when I run out of early run Volts (-.5 2).

You're definitely not alone in what you found with the Amp. For me, the White FRs were dead straight with Volt-like fade. More recent runs have been a little less stable, but it still takes anhyzer for mine to finish right (RHBH). Not a bad disc at all, but a Vision it ain't.

On the bright side, if the N Volts continue coming out flat and flying like Protons (0 3), I think the Amp might just take the slot when I run out of early run Volts (-.5 2).

Yeah pretty common experience. Ahh the vision! Amp is for sure not understable like that--too bad they are little more OS than the original eye stamps. One of my favorite US discs and my FR shock is very similar in regards to the HSS. The amp is right on the boarder of stable/understable at 275. Its only understable with enough power and never thrown one with as much HSS turn as my FRshock or vision did.

the first disc I throw in this video is my flippy shock. There was some good left to right crosswind also and you can see the flight nearly looks identical to the summit putter I throw on the 3rd shot. I want one of THESE in production.

I find my 168 neutron Amp to be moderately understable. It definitely has turn to it. To be fair though, I could probably achieve the same results with a Volt and a tiny bit of anhyzer. It does power down fairly well though.

How far do you throw the Amp? You might want to just sell it and buy the new disc coming out which is slower. Does it turn at all before fading left on you or just straight and fade?

Good idea on trying to sell it if I can't trade it. I just tried to list it for trade in the marketplace but it says I need a subscription to post there. Can someone confirm that I need $25 subscription to post in the marketplace?

If anyone wants to buy it or trade for it (understable AMP first choice but will consider others) please PM me as I don't want to derail the thread. Thanks.

Good idea on trying to sell it if I can't trade it. I just tried to list it for trade in the marketplace but it says I need a subscription to post there. Can someone confirm that I need $25 subscription to post in the marketplace?

If anyone wants to buy it or trade for it (understable AMP first choice but will consider others) please PM me as I don't want to derail the thread. Thanks.

You just need to pay the $5 donation for the Marketplace. It's worth it.

You just need to pay the $5 donation for the Marketplace. It's worth it.

This^ its a one time fee for usage of the MP. unlike ebay etc there are no fees to sell here but you need to get the access by purchasing the $5 "crown" for listings.

The $25 is a premium membership and includes access to the VIP lounge as well as tons of added benefits to the site if heavily used.

Thanks, Guys. I paid the $5 and was able to post. It looks like the $5 charge is per year rather than one time but no big deal.

Strange that most of these Amps seem so stable! My neutron one is super, super flippy. I have to hyzer flip it for it not to turn off into the sunset and I don't even throw it much more than 370' hyzer flipped!

I would buy another one to compare, but I just bought two Servos I'm hoping will be a tad less stable than my Volt.

I realize this is the amp thread, but getting an amp that is 4 grams lighter weight probably won't make it start flipping. If you need an easy disc to turn over, westside underworld in the mid upper 160s.

I realize this is the amp thread, but getting an amp that is 4 grams lighter weight probably won't make it start flipping. If you need an easy disc to turn over, westside underworld in the mid upper 160s.

+1. A 167 TP Underworld is my flip machine. I was hoping the new Switch would slot into that spot, but it looks like it's going to be "a shorter Amp" instead.

Underworld was too flippy for me, to touchy and the amp had more control so its not a good replacement in my opinion, unless your looking for a roller?

thought it was worth mentioning that i have recently acquired a beefy amp other than white. this ones purple

For some reason, the Amp seems to be molding up with the most difference out of any other MVP mold. I've compared PLHs of my own Amps, as well as others in the shop, and they vary quite a bit. And some in the shop were in the newer run colors, too, so they were recent releases.

I swear something about discs and concave wings which suffer the PLH plague. Valks, Amps, Leos, Visions, and probably most historically the Groove but soo many others as well. Its like the just slightly understable discs suck to make from a manufacture stand point. Kinda why I have never been a big fan always liked a beat stable vs these box of chocolates you pick from'

I will say I did not notice ANY variance in the order of switches from weight/colors really but didn't sit and eyeball them ALL-- lots though who bought 2 at once.