• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Mvp Amp

My first run, White Disc Nation Stamp, Amp was a ton more stable than my Production Volt (which I love). My friend is trying it, but I might have to give this another try with a production Amp since it really shouldn't be that stable.

Maybe I should try a River too, I have a Vision and its my most reliable understable driver for the distance a I can throw (up to around 300).

I have about 300 ft of power. my first amp that iI got for Christmas (probably from the earliest run) is just stable, maybe .5 turn. iI just got a fresh one from community discs that should be from one of the latest batches. it has a slightly lower plh. but it's not understable like iI had hoped/anticipated.

so my question is, has anyone with 30ish ft of power found the amp to be truly understable?

It's still a great disc, but iI was hoping to have a stable and understable.

My AMP is a Bitch. It does what I tell it!

yeah, it's slightly understable....

Most of my AMPs turn at like HSS -2 then fade to straight and finnish straight, sometimes come back left a little at the very end with LSS that seems like 1.

I have not broken one in enough yet though.. someone said they used theirs alot and it broke in real nice and turned into a good understable disc.

I suggest smacking a few trees :)

Also, if you release with slight anny it will hold that line for quite a while without fading back so fast. I find it good for starting it on an anny line.

Yeah that was me. Plex. It's my most used driver currently and has become very workable.

Rogue, ZAM posted a how to on tuning discs in this thread somewhere. You can make that puppy less stable if you want. I haven't tried it with my amp, but I have done it to an OLF before and saw immediate results.

I've seen a tiny turn, but have been unable to get it to hold an anhyzer very well.

I may tune one, I saved his how to pic. Which is the best candidate? Higher plh or lower, I forget.

I've seen a tiny turn, but have been unable to get it to hold an anhyzer very well.

I may tune one, I saved his how to pic. Which is the best candidate? Higher plh or lower, I forget.

lower that PLH.. The method on the left
here is the image again:

tuningup.jpg

iI know that and iI have the image. iI meant should iI start with the lower plh or higher. nm though iI have it figured out

Any comments on first runs in light weights? I got one coming eventually and am curious if anyone has comments on theses 166-169 zamp stamps. I bought it hopefully as my, turnover, anhyzer, tailwind, effortless disc but I'm curious if it will be stable at all out of the box.

Any comments on first runs in light weights? I got one coming eventually and am curious if anyone has comments on theses 166-169 zamp stamps. I bought it hopefully as my, turnover, anhyzer, tailwind, effortless disc but I'm curious if it will be stable at all out of the box.

Lighter weights will probably turn and fade faster, but heavier weights will hold lines longer and not fade out as fast.

I like my Red 172 The most

Cool. ive heard some of the lighter MVP (all?) tend to be more stable. I don't mind this at all for a disc billed as not having much fade, because IMO this will help it last/ fight wind.

I mainly bought the light one because I like the way a light disc feels coming off the hand for finesse or get out of trouble shots.

i know this probably has been discussed but is the amp a good roller disc for an average strength player?

How are you guys liking your amps now?

I got one of the latest runs in the bag and was trying it out today, it is way more under-stable than the first runs i had before. It turned and didn't come back, the first runs always came back hard at the end.

I guess they tweaked it to make it have minimal fade, its a new disc now.

I threw it into a headwind and it flipped hard like a river.. the top of the mold looks different than my old ones, more rounded.

I have a yellow first run that is only marginally different from my Volt/ first run Shock. If they did in fact tweak the Amp, I could see the 3 drivers working really well together*. (2nd run shock*)

I fell in love with the Amp yesterday. First time throwing MVP and the Amp is straight into my bag; probably replacing my dx gazelles. Nice long annys, super straight hyzer flips, slow controlled hyzer as well - and this thing glides for days too!

Definitely sparked my interest in MVP, and I might have to looks as their other stuff.

How are you guys liking your amps now?

I got one of the latest runs in the bag and was trying it out today, it is way more under-stable than the first runs i had before. It turned and didn't come back, the first runs always came back hard at the end.

I guess they tweaked it to make it have minimal fade, its a new disc now.

I threw it into a headwind and it flipped hard like a river.. the top of the mold looks different than my old ones, more rounded.

I love my Amps. They took me longer to figure out than the Volt and Shock, but now I have 2 Amps in the bag with one Volt and one Shock. I've thrown Amps anywhere from -3 to -1.5 in HSS, so stability in the ones on the shelves can be variable.

I don't think they have done any tweaking on the Amp in particular, though I'm curious to see ones start coming out without flash. When they fixed the Shock it wasn't just a molding trick, they actually got some more sensitive equipment. So it will affect the Amp/Volt somehow as well (hopefully allowing MVP to get them exactly as intended and keep them consistent), but I don't think we will see these on the shelves for a bit.

Latest posts