• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

Here is a comparison between a 2nd run Ion and the Anode.
7a30583b.jpg

I second that. I generally prefer softs for putting and driving, but I've had a lot of fun tossing my M Anode on the course.

I suggest trying the mediums still! These things are superb, and when the softs come out then you'll be even more ready for them!
I'm a big fan of people who can wait for what they want though. Honestly, why buy a disc (smartphone, car, etc) if you're certain there's one around the corner that's going to obsolete the first?

Yes, we often find uses for player pack discs we never would have purchased otherwise so he might decide the regular Proton Anode is a great disc before he gets a Proton Soft but I think Blutx1215 is showing some restraint which more of us Amercans should try to do from time to time. Where DO all those "old" still-working cellphones go anyway?

You guys aren't helping.;) I just have never been thrilled with a hard putter. Been working on my Med Ion for a while now and I just can't get myself to really like it.:\

I'm a big fan of people who can wait for what they want though. Honestly, why buy a disc (smartphone, car, etc) if you're certain there's one around the corner that's going to obsolete the first?

Who says the Medium would be obsolete? Are medium Ions obsolete? There are lots of people who like medium Ions to putt with.

You guys aren't helping.;) I just have never been thrilled with a hard putter. Been working on my Med Ion for a while now and I just can't get myself to really like it.:\

I don't like putting with medium Ions either, so I wasn't expecting to like putting with this thing as much, but I like it the same as my soft Ions, and with a little more time I'm sure it's going to surpass the Ion with ease. And it's not like you won't be able to sell it if you don't like it, the MP is HOT for MVP discs right now!

If they have any at Disc Nation when I go there in a few days, I'll look and throw one. That may be all I do, but I'll give it half a chance. I mainly use my Med Ion for driving. It still has yet to be as versatile as my R-pro Aviar in that dept. I still want a soft one first, but we will see. besides, while I am scratching my Lat 64 and Vibram itches, money is tight.:D

Who says the Medium would be obsolete? Are medium Ions obsolete? There are lots of people who like medium Ions to putt with.
I'm sorry I was unclear. Since he wants a soft disc and the medium is supposed to get him ready...nevermind. I'm not trying to argue with anyone. I just think that if he knows what he wants then it's silly to buy something close when the exact thing he wants is coming in a few weeks or a month. I wasn't trying to start an argument.

And the cellphone thing. I knew the 3rd world would come up. I hope everyone knows that after that stage the phones go into the ground. I like to bug my tree hugger friends who are all about recycling but have to upgrade their iphones every year.

R-pro Aviar > Ion for driving? :confused:

I know, I know. I just like the way I can bend it to my will better than the Ion. I'm getting better with the Ion, but still not there. I've been using the Aviars and Omega SS's for a VERY long time. Gonna be tough to get rid of them if the replacement disc won't do what I want it to do as easily as they do. I was kinda hoping the soft Anode would maybe be a better challenger for the Aviar.

Before I started throwing ions I was a r pro aviar die hard :D
And before I started throwing my 1st run ion I was convinced nothing could fly a 200' anhyzer better than a r pro.
I'm hoping the anode will beat in to a more cost effective version of my 1st runs :p

Before I started throwing ions I was a r pro aviar die hard :D
And before I started throwing my 1st run ion I was convinced nothing could fly a 200' anhyzer better than a r pro.
I'm hoping the anode will beat in to a more cost effective version of my 1st runs :p

yeah, they key words there, are "beat in" MVP's plastic doesn't beat in quickly as a lot of us have seen

Thinking like that is why my cell phone weighs about 2 pounds. There're definite pros and cons of waiting.

Where DO all those "old" still-working cellphones go anyway?

To be fair, I think it will be much easier to find a good home for First Run Anodes than pre-2007 cell phones, should anyone decide they don't like 'em. Pull the trigger and support MVP by picking up a regular :hfive:

Just ordered me a blue and a purple Anode at 172. Can't wait to get my hands on them.

Latest posts