• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

that roller was pretty badass. i don't think MVP could make a better advertisement than that Mike. they should start paying you.

I've been practicing more putting lately than I have in years...The soft Anodes are just so satisfying to putt with for me...I like to putt flat and straight, and the Anode takes this line so well. I've worked most the OAT out of my putt with the softs, and I've finally made a little adjustment in my grip. With the Ions I had to really wrap my index finger around the rim, but with the Anode I feel more comfortable with how it sits in my hand without wrapping with my finger. This is making it easier for me to release it flat with the nose neutral. For some reason I had developed a habit of putting my Ions with the nose up...I think it had something to do with how it sat in my hand with the big bead.

For some reason I had developed a habit of putting my Ions with the nose up...I think it had something to do with how it sat in my hand with the big bead.

somebody else commented on that in one of the MVP threads. i noticed that in the last two weeks when it got really windy, all my putts were nose up and being taken by the wind. at that point i pretty much knew the ions would have to be out and i went back to pig putting, working with anodes now so we'll see how that goes.

Great videos, MikeC! Not only have you taken throwing putters to a higher level, your videography skills have become top-notch. Your videos are easy to watch - the sequencing, camera angles, duration of clips, all hold the viewer's interest. Good job, too, with sequencing the breaks to the music. Music choice is one of the hardest things to get right in video so that it compliments instead of dominates.

Apologies if this is off-topic, but just wanted to give some honest feedback on your videography. Glad to see you back!

So i took my anode out because it was sitting for awhile (didn't like how it putts), to take out to drive with since my form has gotten much cleaner and all i can say is WOW! I was parking it on holes where i'd try to run it with my buzzz. Obviously needed a little more height to get there but it was darn straight and only turned if i really torqued it or if there was some headwind. Definetly made the bag for driving.

how do the softs feel in comparison to a crystal flx challenger?...my cflx is soft floppy and very grippy.

Got mine today along with my Sole. I ordered blue off DGC, but its clearly Dark Navy. No issues, just hard to find in our shaded wooded courses.

Didn't fall immediately in love with it, but I was very off today putting period. I love how it feels and love the soft feel still. I am going to order another one in Medium and compare with my Ions.

My Wizards feel alien and I'm for sure looking for a newer style of putting without relying on fade for placement.

Really looking forward to putting practice rather than straight to the course with them.

Latest posts