• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

Are we talking visual? My mvp discs have tons of superficial scuffs. The flight is exactly the same, my axis has developed a lil turn, but its my most thrown disc and it still is 98% of what it was brand new.

Today my ions and anodes got scuffed up more than i have seen ever. This course was full of roots and rocks all over. Just scuffs no damage other than battle scars.

I've been having 0 durability issues with my Anodes. Asphalt, trees, brick, metal. You name it, I've pretty much put mine through it no problem.
Odd. Mine has only hit chain and grass. Still seems as firm as a new one but the plate is getting super worn. Perhaps just multiple unlucky hits on the chains. I do have at least 3+ 30-45 ft putts with it. Those connects can do a bit of damage I guess.

Odd. Mine has only hit chain and grass. Still seems as firm as a new one but the plate is getting super worn. Perhaps just multiple unlucky hits on the chains. I do have at least 3+ 30-45 ft putts with it. Those connects can do a bit of damage I guess.

That shouldn't do anything. I practice 50+ every other day and it does absolutely nothing to them.

Lets see some pictures? Then we can tell you if it is abnormal or just the candy plastic

I have no idea what MVP discs you guys are throwing but my ions and anodes laugh at being driven straight into a tree with 350' of power. I literally did that to the green Anode in those videos on Sunday and you can't even tell. There is no way a putt is going to do anything at all to these putters, I've canned multiple ~120' upshots with them and at the very worst might have a bit of metal left on the rim but never any damage. Even my old SS Wizards wouldn't get damaged on a 50' putt.

I'm surprised so many people are having problems with durability. My Anodes , aside from a scuff from sliding across a tree, look fine and fly fine after several months for my proton and I have had my Soft for almost a month now and no damage to speak of really. I usually play about 54 holes a week, and my Anodes get thrown all the time.

yea pics or it didn't happen. there's no way putting f'ed up a disc that fast unless there's a honey badger living in your basket.

Other than not having it tuned in yet, I really like it.
The plastic is grippy as all get out
has that cool arse rubber outer rim
looks sweet

looking at the disc right now, it looks like it will wear quickly, minor cuts and scuffs after about 10 practice throws.

If you play a rockier or rougher course This may happen early on. Be assured though, my home course has 5 gravel fairways and Even though it seemed problematic in the first week with most of my MVP discs they stuck around nicely, and wear very slowly still.

Well, the flight plates of my Ions have gotten scratched up. The overmolds are totally intact, though, and the scratches are purely visual. I think it is just that the plastic shows up scratches easily. The flight, however, is unaffected, and the Ions are just as stable now as they were a few months ago when I got them.

The more I read this thread the more I think I got a special edition durable anode. I'm really suprised with all the durability issues people are having, all my mvp discs have held up really well.
My vector took a hit on a chunk of concrete from 300' which left a decent gash but otherwise all they have are lots of scuffs.

The more I read this thread the more I think I got a special edition durable anode. I'm really suprised with all the durability issues people are having, all my mvp discs have held up really well.
My vector took a hit on a chunk of concrete from 300' which left a decent gash but otherwise all they have are lots of scuffs.

All of my MVP discs take hits on sharp rocks daily from 200-350' shots. They visually have some dings and scratches but all fly fine. I have a semi beat Anode, a beat Ion and couple beat Axis but they still have held up really well. I seriously doubt there are many users here who play a course as regularly as I do that is as punishing on their plastic.

I'm just plain bad and hit a lot of trees and mine hold up fine. Maybe I should throw harder.

I just got 2 175g's in the mail. They are AWESOME. I got one soft and one medium. I have practiced the putting and i cant decide which on I like better, but i was hitting puts much further than i normally do. I cant wait to get out and try driving w them. I really need to figure out which one i like better, so I can get a couple more and start practicing more. I think they will help my game BIG time. Love 'em! :thmbup:

Latest posts