• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] MVP Axiom

One afternoon with a baseline putter (just started experimenting with Jokeri Basics and DX aviars) shows all kinds of nicks and dents, even after a few dozen putts. The Anodes I used all summer show very little wear on the overmold. Grippy isn't what I'd call that plastic. The baseline stuff takes a hit, and it shows. The plastic gives.

i play with lots of people who have various skill levels
the most wrecked of the rec and some fairly well-known pros
only a couple have an mvp disc in the bag (as do i)
not a single one of them putts with mvp or premium putters
i like my ion and anode but just can't into putting with them, they are used for approaches and off the tee only

mvp putters in baseline plastic would get my attention

fwiw, some of the best players i know consider their old, well-seasoned dx or pro-d putters to be the most important disc in their bag and would laugh and death stare you down if you suggest that they replace the old dependable putter with something new

Raising the point about Pros putting with MVP putters is valid. No pros putt with drivers either. And we all agree putting with a driver is silly.

From the pics we can see that the blue disc is an Axiom, in Eclipse Neutron, and says Envy.

Then what the heck is Alias?

Oh, and yes. MVP should make baseline plastic. In some form or another.

I'm the type of guy that likes to make my entire bag one brand when trying them out (Maybe it's an OCD thing, i can't afford to do it often). I would definitely consider trying their brand out if they made the Ion in a baseline plastic (I like tacky beaded baseline putters)

In the Alias pic, you can't see anything else but the Axiom logo.

Could it be another plastic? Could it be baseline?

It could be, I guess. We'll see soon enough.

Raising the point about Pros putting with MVP putters is valid. No pros putt with drivers either. And we all agree putting with a driver is silly.

only put discs in your bag that pros use

Explain a toy disc? I personally do not putt with mvp but do not understand the hate toward them. I am pretty sure some other companies baseline plastics are just as unforgiving. In fact gateway "soft" and medium come to mind.

Let's rehash here:
No pros putt with drivers
No pros putt with MVP putters
Putting with a driver is silly

Drawing from those points...putting with an MVP putter is also silly

Explain a toy disc? I personally do not putt with mvp but do not understand the hate toward them. I am pretty sure some other companies baseline plastics are just as unforgiving. In fact gateway "soft" and medium come to mind.

I've been putting with Medium and G9i Wizards for several years and don't have any problems making putts. Funny that you talk about firmer putters being unforgiving yet almost all top pros (a large percentage) putt with firm putters. McBeth even had Innova make him a firm PnA because the DX they had weren't firm enough.

Last edited:

it's insane to hate any disc or company

We all have too much time on our hands

get a life dorks

Latest posts