• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Circuit Challenge

AndyJB

Big Country
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Announced a few moments ago on Facebook...I thought it crashed DGCR, haha! Sounds fun...discuss.

MVP Circuit Info

11082569_906669836056559_582337205663820190_n.jpg

Definitely seems like MVP wants these events to be a good time with all of their additions and suggestions. Looks like a fun event and a good move on their part to get into the " Insert Brand here to try our stuff day" casual tourney/fun day events.

Player's Pack

2015 Circuit Player's Pack, over $60 value for $30 recommended entry fee

Player's Pack and Circuit-stamped Discs Details

Unreleased Relay 16mm Fairway Driver in Neutron Plastic
Tangent Midrange Driver in Plasma Plastic
Atom Putt & Approach in Electron Plastic
Swag Pack with MVP Koozie, Wristband, and Vinyl Sticker
Retail value over $60!
Standard Prize Pack items (to be divided by the Event Director) include MVP plastic and accessories, as well as a large metal disc with a unique MVP Circuit Champion stamp. Prizes may be given for the winners of the round, as well as winners of Putter Olympics and the Driver Showcase.

I'd do it just for the plasma tangent. And whats the relay?

I wonder if this is like the ace race, players packs are $30 but they dont say how much it is to order each pack.

Discraft is $30 entry but only $25 for the packs leaving the club with a profit...

Anyone see how much they are to order?

I'll be doing one for sure. Glad I don't have to wait all summer for the ace race.

MVP broke the internet!

This sounds really cool. The value of the discs alone is worth it. I think it's cool that they are doing different challenges instead of just a round of golf and CTP. Great job, MVP! Looks like a fun time.

Also am I the only one who is reminded of Flightwheel?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygc_NZo6_HM

I wonder if this is like the ace race, players packs are $30 but they dont say how much it is to order each pack.

Discraft is $30 entry but only $25 for the packs leaving the club with a profit...

$21. Minimum 25 pack order. Unsure about shipping.

Introducing the MVP Circuit

Circuit Champion's Trophy
Since its founding in 2009, MVP Disc Sports' growth has largely been word-of-mouth over the web and on the course. Read a few experiences from players, or throw the discs yourself, and you'll see what the hype is about.

Now in 2015 MVP has the disc lineup and fan following to demand a branded event that brings MVP throwers together and introduces more players to MVP. Enter the Circuit Integrated Flight Series.

The Circuit is designed to be fun to play and easy to host. With a Player's Pack worth over $60 including three discs and MVP swag, the recommended entry fee of only $30 is a bargain. Event Directors have the opportunity to put their unique mark on each Circuit event while raising funds and moving merchandise.

Additional Circuit-stamped models will be available for merchandise and payout, including NEW Photon and Wave distance drivers, and Circuit-exclusive Plasma Tesla and Plasma Inertia.

We invite you to explore MVPcircuit.com for further details on the event format, Player's Pack, and hosting information.

Date range of availability for the Circuit is June 19 to September 27.

Player's Pack

The Circuit Player's Pack includes three discs and an MVP wristband, koozie, and vinyl sticker swag pack. Retail value of the combined items is over $60, with a suggested entry fee of only $30.

I was just sitting here trying to decide which tourney to run. I have run a Dynamic Disc and a Discraft Ace Races, but now I'm definitely going with an MVP event!

Well definitely be running one of these in Western AZ, we just need to settle on a date and then organize our club and figure out a way to spread the word and pre-register players. I can't wait to get even more MVP into the hands of this half of the state. Plus it's going g to be a blast. Win win.

Trying to drum up interest from the club for this, but we already have a Birdie Bash, Trilogy Challenege, East meets West Challenge, ace race and one of our courses is hosting the Colorado State Tournament, so I'm not seeing a ton of interest. If I run this on the same course as the Birdie Bash (Cumberland Green...barely more than a pitch and putt) I bet I could get a decent casual turnout, but it's not the greatest course, short or not.

I like this idea though. Its kind of a double edged sword with all these fun, brand-run events. Its awesome to have so many choices but could lead to burnout in certain areas, too.

Someone in Co will do one Andy. I will bring my brother in law out for it. He enjoys this type of event (as do I). As long as it doesn't overlap one of the events I already signed up for I will have to make one work.

I will play one if my buddy decides to TD, but a bit disappointed you can't choose molds, and just limited to those three.

^for their first event it keep the logistics simple. If you noticed vibram isn't offering the same amount of discs to select from either this year and trilogy challenges are already set up that way.

All other models are encouraged to be at events for purchase and testing out also.

Someone in Co will do one Andy. I will bring my brother in law out for it. He enjoys this type of event (as do I). As long as it doesn't overlap one of the events I already signed up for I will have to make one work.

I'm sure they will. But after spending last year running all over the state for tournaments, I'm not doing that again this year. Either way, my local club has no interest in running this so I might aim for the casual crowd and just run it myself.

I do like the sound of this event, and it has the potential to be just as much fun as a Birdie Bash, and more fun than any of the others. Seems simple to set up and run as well. I hope it's a success!

^for their first event it keep the logistics simple. If you noticed vibram isn't offering the same amount of discs to select from either this year and trilogy challenges are already set up that way.

All other models are encouraged to be at events for purchase and testing out also.

Too simple in my opinion. Vibram has 10 out of their 12 molds to choose from, only omitting Ascent and Trak.

Too simple in my opinion. Vibram has 10 out of their 12 molds to choose from, only omitting Ascent and Trak.

Speaking of which, was there ever an official explanation for that omission by Vibram?

I would play the MVP event if there is one in my area.

Speaking of which, was there ever an official explanation for that omission by Vibram?

I would play the MVP event if there is one in my area.

Nothing I heard, but I'm sure it was just a marketing thing to move focus to distance drivers. My guess anyway.