• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Circuit Challenge

Too simple in my opinion. Vibram has 10 out of their 12 molds to choose from, only omitting Ascent and Trak.
And Discraft only give you one...

Vibram left out two of their three best discs, and while I'm planning on playing your Bash Dustin, I'm very disappointed. They're catering to only part of the market, and creating an unlevel playing field that favors better players by leaving their best discs for newer players on the sidelines. It's their choice, but if you're not going to offer everything, I prefer MVP/Discraft/Trillogy or Legacy's approach to limit people to the same molds.

Just my 2 cents though. I'll play an MVP event if there is one locally without thinking twice, and spend a chunk of change on LE Plasma discs while I'm at it.

And Discraft only give you one...

Vibram left out two of their three best discs, and while I'm planning on playing your Bash Dustin, I'm very disappointed. They're catering to only part of the market, and creating an unlevel playing field that favors better players by leaving their best discs for newer players on the sidelines. It's their choice, but if you're not going to offer everything, I prefer MVP/Discraft/Trillogy or Legacy's approach to limit people to the same molds.

Just my 2 cents though. I'll play an MVP event if there is one locally without thinking twice, and spend a chunk of change on LE Plasma discs while I'm at it.

Oh, I was disappointed too, and love both Trak and Ascent. I think a lightweight Ibex and Summit are gold for a new player though. Ibex is much more forgiving in terms of nose angle and release, and flies relatively straight at a wide range of speeds. I think the three MVP discs will work, but I would've opted for Shock-Axis-Ion instead of their choice.

Maybe that's where we differ. I never really gave the Axis a chance, the Buzzz was too well established. I've always wanted to try a Tangent, but haven't seen a slot for it. I prefer the Atom to any other MVP putter, so I'm happy about those two discs. I would prefer the Volt over the Shock, but I get tossing in an unreleased disc to drive traffic to the event.

Plus I'm looking forward to the Plasma Inertia and Tesla, so that adds to my excitement.

I already like the Tangent and Atom, and would love to try out the Relay, especially with my noodle arm. The stamps look sweet and the discs alone are more than worth the price of admission. Hoping somebody does one in the Charlotte area. C'mon Mike C, make it happen!

Would really love to host one these MVP Circuit events.
Have never done the TD thing before, but this sounds too sweet to pass up.

Idea of selling Skulboy/MVP molds at the even doesn't hurt either.

I already like the Tangent and Atom, and would love to try out the Relay, especially with my noodle arm. The stamps look sweet and the discs alone are more than worth the price of admission. Hoping somebody does one in the Charlotte area. C'mon Mike C, make it happen!

Mike C is too busy playing all of the nts and a tiers....

Already one planned for City Park - awesome!

Not a lot of MVP throwers around here, but I'm always pushing them. Hopefully this helps!

Pretty good spread of events, worldwide...including my home state of Montana! Always cool to see something going on up North. Hope someone in CO wants to run one...my club wants nothing to do with this and running these kinds of events solo is quite trying.

I see an event listed for Charlotte, NC on the map but not on the list. Is this a closed event?

Anyone know if something will happen in East TN area (Harmon Hills)? I though about putting Plutos in Knoxville and Alpine Ski in Johnson City on blast if the local club has no interest.

if an event is listed you can sign up.
No such thing as a private circuit series event.
Sounds like a good plan Walt!

Ok, Skulboy's MVP Circuit is a go. If you live in Southern California or plan to visit, mark your calendars.

Skulboy's MVP Circuit link

16980683227_ee03712503.jpg

I thought I scheduled it around everything, but later discovered it's on the weekend of Amateur Worlds. Still hoping for a really fun night.

I'm sure they will. But after spending last year running all over the state for tournaments, I'm not doing that again this year. Either way, my local club has no interest in running this so I might aim for the casual crowd and just run it myself.

I do like the sound of this event, and it has the potential to be just as much fun as a Birdie Bash, and more fun than any of the others. Seems simple to set up and run as well. I hope it's a success!

If one cant get a local club or store to host one of these events what would the logistics look like to run one in your area?

if an event is listed you can sign up.
No such thing as a private circuit series event.
Sounds like a good plan Walt!

Im wondering if it already happened or is in some state of "possible". I plan on seeing what I can do in this area even if it comes down to me somehow directing or assisting to make it happen.

Im wondering if it already happened or is in some state of "possible". I plan on seeing what I can do in this area even if it comes down to me somehow directing or assisting to make it happen.

Waltny,
The events are scheduled from June through Sept, so I'm sure it hasn't happened yet.

Latest posts