• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
upgrade to the putters would be stickier rim to catch the chains better. now they tend to kick out from the edge of chains more than base plastic putters. Target area seems to be slightly smaller for MVP. In the heart of chains there is no difference. i have discatcher pro at backyard and i throw puts every day. Soft eclipse anode is my main putter. I have some P2s , Omega SSs, Aviars and Ions also. Flight plate is sticky enough.

MVP also needs (super) overstable putter. something like putter center with tensor outer mold. I want to get premium jokeri out of the bag. Perhaps out of the box understable putter too. i have to use beat in aviar for that slot.

its simple, you know how to grip a golf disc and they dont. people love to blame their discs for bad shots it nothing new.

Are you just stupid or what? I'm not blaming the disc at all. Premium plastic putters are never better then baseline putters. Who carries a Star Aviar or a Elite-Z magnet? lol. Baseline putters are the best, any fool knows that. I am guessing you have a tough time hitting 300' because your pretty cocky..

Proton and Neutron are both pretty slick blends when new but I really don't find them to be bad after they season up a bit. Also the new runs of proton seem to have a little more grip/flex to them than the old stiff very slick runs and soft neutron when in production will shut a lot of people up as the blend feels great.

upgrade to the putters would be stickier rim to catch the chains better. now they tend to kick out from the edge of chains more than base plastic putters. Target area seems to be slightly smaller for MVP.

this is said all the time yet I have never seen proof it is true. you can watch many many manyyyyyyy of the tournament videos from this year where NO ONE is using MVP putters yet you see atleast 1 chainout a video...

I really do not believe for a minute that MVP putters need to "catch the chains" better and are more prone to spit-outs. I have used MVP along side vibram for almost a year and half now and my best friend who I throw with almost everytime I throw only uses vibram putters BUT STILL gets spit-outs and probably more than I do.

Hell some people who play DG don't even own a putter yet but can make putts so get some confidence and stop blaming your putter. They all go in the basket.

Are you just stupid or what? I'm not blaming the disc at all. Premium plastic putters are never better then baseline putters. Who carries a Star Aviar or a Elite-Z magnet? lol. Baseline putters are the best, any fool knows that. I am guessing you have a tough time hitting 300' because your pretty cocky..

I know a guy who kills it with a RGL Pure. Before that, he used a Star P2 instead of baseline. He just prefers premium putters. Granted, he is the exception, not the rule, but it's something to keep in mind.

Premium plastic putters are never better then baseline putters. Who carries a Star Aviar or a Elite-Z magnet? lol. Baseline putters are the best, any fool knows that.

I realize the slant in the post had a particular target in mind, but the subject is something I'm interested in commenting on. I don't know if your absolute statements had something to do with being a bit riled, but I find them to really be misleading and certainly not "laws of disc golf".

I putt better with my soft Anode than I have with base Wizards, soft Magnets, Banger GTs, KC Aviars, etc. I straddle putt just about everything, putting just enough clean spin on my putt to get me in the chains. I'm not sure if it's the shape, the gyro, or the feel of the plastics, but I just kill it with my soft Anodes. It's not even close. Baseline plastic feels dead in the air to me. From 25' the exact same putt that puts me in the chains with the Anode would hit the cage with just about any baseline (unless I used a radically different shaped disc). I could throw harder, but I don't want to (lose some touch). The soft Anode is just better for me. I'm willing to bet Mike C feels similarly about his Ions.

Before MVP I had used baseline for putting almost exclusively. Do I occasionally wish I had a baseline Anode? Absolutely. Maybe I'd like a base Anode even better...But the soft Anode, as it is, is better than any existing baseline putter for me.

I don't think we'll see a baseline putter from MVP. That's not their style. If you want a baseline putter, throw a Wizard, Aviar, 300 series PA2,etc.

I putt with Ions, and pretty much learned to putt with them. I think the disc encouraged me to throw fast lasers right at the pin. I get a lot of comments on my putting style being so hard and direct, and sometimes if I'm a bit off, I'll get some chain outs because I throw too hard and don't connect with the pole. But that's my fault. I see plenty of chainouts with base plastic putters, so it's not the disc. I don't know if it's a coincidence, or if it's the way Ions/Anodes encourage you to throw, but my putting style looks a lot like Mike C.'s.

When people who putt with Challengers or Aviars putt with my Ions, they tend to say the disc feels heavy. I think that's because you have to put more on it if you spin putt to get it to go. That encourages that hard, fast style where if you're on, you're banging chains, but if you're off, you can simply throw too hard. But it's not the disc, it's you.

If you're having trouble with Ions or Anodes, maybe they're just not for you.

ran into a dude putting with a champ rhyno the other day he killed it. Another guy i play with putts with a roc and is super deadly within 60 feet. Putters are personal, more so than any other disc in our bags. stating that MVP putters are lacking because no base plastic holds no weight.

Brand new both MVP plastics are slick. After an initial break in period the grip gets better. My black anode is super buttery awesomeness right now.

bahahahaha you sound pretty conceited. CLEAR PUTTERS ARE NEVER BETTER THAN $10 DOLLAR PUTTERS GAHHHHHH//// just because its youre precious opinion doesnt mean youre right at all.

YET you only bag an anode? wonder why people think youre crazy?

and since we live in the same state, ill offer to throw any disc in your bag 300' any time.

I realize the slant in the post had a particular target in mind, but the subject is something I'm interested in commenting on. I don't know if your absolute statements had something to do with being a bit riled, but I find them to really be misleading and certainly not "laws of disc golf".

people make absolute statements all over this board, its ridiculous. i wonder what would happen if someone in real life disagreed with them. they'd probably cry or try to get physical.

i just love that guy here can say BASE PUTTERS > PREMIUM PUTTERS and not carry a base plastic putter. this is worse than johnny depth saying every new disc is the best disc hes thrown, before theyre even out.

I can make putts with my premium MVP putters in the rain, or when my discs are moist/wet for any reason.. but i would feel better about my putts and even more confident if there was a plastic that felt great when wet and didn't get the sticky or slippery feel that premium can.

not a necessity, but something that i would buy from MVP.

All I'm gonna say is I played leagues in a down pour last night, and out of my entire bag of Quantum / Proton / Neutron discs, my Ions were the one disc I had zero issues gripping. I didn't even need to wipe them off when I putted.

If MVP made a baseline Ion I'd try it, but I putt with what I putt with because its the exact putter I want to use. It's my favorite run of the best feeling putter mold, broken in over two years to be extremely soft and grippy, and I know this disc inside and out. I didn't make any compomises when I chose my putter. I like that I've driven, putted and approached with this Ion for two years and it has less wear than some of my Wizards would have from a week of rounds. I like that its grippy but gives me a cleaner release than baseline. And I love how the overmold grabs better than any super silly stupid soft I've ever tried.

That being said I hope people who want a baseline MVP putter get their wish some day. If nothing else I'd like to see how they cycle as driving putters.

Last edited:
bahahahaha you sound pretty conceited. CLEAR PUTTERS ARE NEVER BETTER THAN $10 DOLLAR PUTTERS GAHHHHHH//// just because its youre precious opinion doesnt mean youre right at all.

and since we live in the same state, ill offer to throw any disc in your bag 300' any time.

people make absolute statements all over this board, its ridiculous. i wonder what would happen if someone in real life disagreed with them. they'd probably cry or try to get physical.

i just love that guy here can say BASE PUTTERS > PREMIUM PUTTERS and not carry a base plastic putter. this is worse than johnny depth saying every new disc is the best disc hes thrown, before theyre even out.

finalfight1.jpg

1372153009261.gif

base plastic pffffffft. i called lamborghini today and asked them to make a base model car and they just hung up on me. let that be a lesson to you.

Love it!

Does KC Pro count as Baseline? Cause its not. And tons of people put with those. Champ Rhynos, lots of people putt with those. Any MVP, any Vibram. I see a lot of people putt with Evo Line Gateway.

Driving putters? Does anyone use baseline for that? Man this is like Kendrick Lamar going down as a legendary with J Cole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts