• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A battle will be taking place here soon. The Amp I know and love are getting brothers in the Volt and Shock. Two Escapes and a Fury think they have what it takes to win. We shall see.

Well... I just got a 177g Neutron Ion after some suggestions by people here. Haven't thrown it yet but I am excited to try it out. I have one question though...

Do you find that the premium plastic bounces off the chains more than softer plastic? That was just a concern of mine when I picked up this disc. I have read people speak of soft Ions on here but this one isn't very soft if you ask me.

Also I don't get why they don't have Electron plastic instead of "Eclipse" :p

Well... I just got a 177g Neutron Ion after some suggestions by people here. Haven't thrown it yet but I am excited to try it out. I have one question though...

Do you find that the premium plastic bounces off the chains more than softer plastic? That was just a concern of mine when I picked up this disc. I have read people speak of soft Ions on here but this one isn't very soft if you ask me.

Also I don't get why they don't have Electron plastic instead of "Eclipse" :p

Electron will likely be introduced down the road. Who knows what pre,Kim blend it could be!?

And the overmold seasons to catch really well. Also textured ions have a softer, more grippy overmold.

Electron will likely be introduced down the road. Who knows what pre,Kim blend it could be!?

And the overmold seasons to catch really well. Also textured ions have a softer, more grippy overmold.
Cool cool. I am always excited to get some new plastic. Gonna throw it in a few hours out in this blistering heat! I hope I don't catch on fire.

I've got an Axis and love it but I still want a tangent because people say it's easier to throw. I've got a Saint and people say the Volt is very similar but I want one anyway.

These will be my upcoming competing discs. Knowing me I'll keep em all.

You should try an Amp too! It's a great disc.

My understable fairway is my River and the Amp would have to be the next thing to sliced bread to get the River out of my bag.

My first MVP was my Anode and it's my only putter I carry. I might be buried with it. Now the Axis has climbed it's way to the top of my bag. I throw it on almost every upshot and anything under 250 or so. I want to try a round with nothing but my Axis and see how it does.

Uggg, don't say the Amp is kicking out your river. I love Opto plastic but I have so much control with MVP stuff.

Don't know much about the tensor. I've thought about the Vector as my overstable fairway is a Stalker or newer champ Teebird with aren't really that overstable so it is a spot I need to fill. I've just ordered a Discraft Zone as I've heard great things about them and threw a friends. It threw like a midrange with a great fade at the end.

The tangent is my next disc. Every time I talk about my Axis people light up and ask me if I've tried the Tangent. I'm really on the fence on the weight thought. My axis is 176 and feels a bit heavy for me. It might just be me because I'm throwing it as far as my Buzzz and Rocs but it just feels slow.

Don't know if I should go for a 170 tangent to add some distance or stick to a 176 like my Axis? I've heard heavy is actually better for MVP because of the weight on the rim but my Axis is my first mid over 171 so I'm up in the air.

the axis does eeeeeeverythiiiiiiiiiiiing.

i rarely use my fuse. got a flat top neutron axis. it just - goes - straight. on whatever line you may feel like sending it off to. of course it will flex out after a bit, but dang yo.

not only that, the axis straight *BOMBS*. i guess i can't compare the two since i have never thrown a tangent, but you can throw the **** outta your axis if you want to. i've always felt it throws fast.

it's up to you, but i love my axis. :)

for reference, i know i can put the axis beyond 300 on flat ground. not too much farther, but that's maybe why i can make it do the longer/sharper anhyzer tosses. so maybe a tangent would be better for you. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.