• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking to get back into MVP now that my form has upgraded. In the vein of the one disc round, what three MVP discs are mist haves other than the ion (I am buying an ion first thing.) As many answers as possible would be great, as I love seeing what discs get mentioned multiple times, and don't suggest discs for me, just tell me the 3 YOU can't live without other than the ion. Thanks!

Volt, Tangent and Tensor for me if you're already including the Ion.
If not, then Volt, Tensor, Anode.

the reason to take a tangent over an Ion for a one disc round is that the tangent is easier to throw far for most people, and putts damn near as well as their putters.

Thanks for the suggestions so far, I couldn't handle the wait for even more good replies, so I pulled the trigger on an awesome peacock black and pink dyed nuetron ion, a proton vector (I was torn between the vector and tensor, but the proton plastic is what pushed me over on the vector) and a flecked or sparkled or something proton tangent. The volt is on my list the second I scrounge up some cash(that dye ion was too pretty to resist and it meant no volt-tasticness for now). My trak will have a few more weeks without competition.

You guys are awesome,thanks again!

Yeah, the proton Tangents are fantastic. You shouldn't be disappointed. Get ready for addiction. :)

Suggestions for a total newb? Haven't thrown a single disc yet....

I'll second the tangent. Such a great disc. It will definitely help you with your form. It's a little less sensitive to needing spin than the axis. If you need more fade, the axis would be the next step.

After using MVP mids for awhile, I've decided to go back to my old faithfuls; Buzzz and Roc3. The Tangent will stay in the bag, mainly because there is nothing like it. MVP mids really helped me clean up my form and have made the Buzzz and Roc3 fly even better than before. I'm still using the Shock/Volt/Amp combo, which I think has a permanent spot in my bag. It's just a perfect trifecta for that speed in my bag. Add a XXX for the super OS duties and its complete. So thank you MVP for making my old faithfuls even better.

After using MVP mids for awhile, I've decided to go back to my old faithfuls; Buzzz and Roc3. The Tangent will stay in the bag, mainly because there is nothing like it. MVP mids really helped me clean up my form and have made the Buzzz and Roc3 fly even better than before. I'm still using the Shock/Volt/Amp combo, which I think has a permanent spot in my bag. It's just a perfect trifecta for that speed in my bag. Add a XXX for the super OS duties and its complete. So thank you MVP for making my old faithfuls even better.

Thats like dating a girl for a few months, leaving her for your ex and then thanking her because your so much better at sex with your ex now....

oh and your ex in this scenario is not near as sexy and has inconsistent injection molded breast implants :D

I've been thinking I want to try an axis again, as I have been thinking of putting my buzz back in the bag and taking out my rocs. My current mid setup would be M3, Buzzz, Tangent.

Axis is amazing. I love using it for straight shots either backhand or forehand. Truly a dominant disc.

Tensor, Vector, Tangent have been my solid mid bag in the past couple tournaments, and i just wont leagues last night by a land slide from Pro tees so they are working great :)

I don't have any neutron Vectors in the bag, but my old beat eclipse protons are beast mode. fits the straight to stable slot while the tangents tear up anything straight to understable. and of course the tensor is great for sweeping hyzers and super windy days where i cant use the vector comfortably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts