• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope but I'm sure it's in my future. I assume it's a little easier to get some turn out of?

When do I get my gyro merit badge from Aim?

The fission Photon is bad ass.. It should be easier to get turn out of but I wouldn't say it turns haha.. I find it a really straight disc when I try to turn it over a bit. I've had killer straight tunnel upshots with it, toss it a touch anhyzer and it's just straight. It filled a slot in my bag I didn't know I had, thumbers too, short FH, long FH haha....

The Inertias can be a little beefy especially the heavier ones, I use a 155 and a 162 and they fly fairly similar my full weight ones take a bit more power to get going but when I throw them downhill I get comparable flights / distance to the light ones. They tend to drop faster than my Insanity and not hyzer as far off track but I'm new to Axiom drivers.

I'm curious how you guys find the comparison between Insanity to the Inertia... I find the Vanish to be closer in flight.

i have a sparkle blue inertia on reserve just like how you were talking haha

Glad to see others love the blue sparkle Proton Inertias. They are a really nice stable disc. Glad I got a stash of 4.

As for Inertia/Insanity, there is some overlap. I think an Insanity has a similar hyzer flip to flat quality of a beat Inertia, but it doesn't have the same LSS. The Inertia has a better end of flight for what I need it for. I also find much more difference in the Neutron plastic with the Insanities. I have a few that are really gummy.

Interesting with all the sparkle blue inertia talk. Twas my first MVP disc and why I tried more. I loved that disc, but she gone. Replaced with a neutron, which is fine, but we just don't have the same magic together. Blue Sparkle was special

i like the insanity im just not in love with it the intertia and insanity have too much bite at the end of the flight for my liking i could easily throw either and be happy they just aint no OG sw

Interesting with all the sparkle blue inertia talk. Twas my first MVP disc and why I tried more. I loved that disc, but she gone. Replaced with a neutron, which is fine, but we just don't have the same magic together. Blue Sparkle was special

blue sparkle is so sexy i used to have an insanity blue sparkle with a white rim aim saw me hit a tree and watched it sail into a swamp never saw it again rip

i like the insanity im just not in love with it the intertia and insanity have too much bite at the end of the flight for my liking i could easily throw either and be happy they just aint no OG sw

I have been trying to replace my release day 166g stormtooper Inertia, and I am finding the same thing. It does not have that hard bite at the end, nor did it when it was new.

Now I am throwing my Plaz Volt on a shallow flex line...when I have room to throw a flex, or hyzer flipping a Vamp.

Hmmm both the Inertias I love are also stormtroopers, I actually packed a stormtrooper bag right now save for a grey Atom, I thought about a dark Anode so I could have Vader too haha.

I wonder if it is a case of colour changing the plh...

I have two stormies in my trunk. One is my FR from release day, the other is one I found about a week before I got an insanity and stopped throwing Inertias...

Hmmm both the Inertias I love are also stormtroopers, I actually packed a stormtrooper bag right now save for a grey Atom, I thought about a dark Anode so I could have Vader too haha.

I wonder if it is a case of colour changing the plh...

White, in almost all plastics, mold up different. I am of the opinion that white (clear for translucent discs) should be the only color made.
One can always dye the disc, which will not change either the dome or PLH, to one's favorite color.

White, in almost all plastics, mold up different. I am of the opinion that white (clear for translucent discs) should be the only color made.
One can always dye the disc, which will not change either the dome or PLH, to one's favorite color.

white is easy to see and find, imo especially where i live, also it reflects heat.

i just realized i dont have any white in my bag..

I do have a white 10/10 icon trace if anyone wants one though, pm me

I like white okay, but in the GA red clay it doesn't stay that way long. Give me a good pink or orange any day.

I got stabbed in the thumb so I haven't played DG in a while.

Took four E Ions out to a practice basket today to test out my throwing hand. Putts went rough at first, but after 30 or so I had my rhythm back.

After 15 minutes I decided to try some upshots. Sank a 100' forehand on my first set of ups, that was fun :D

I made some calls and found a local store with Deflectors in stock. I know it's old news by now but I'm going to pick one or two up and see about making a video. Haven't shot one in ages.

Threw the Inertia some more today in a couple rounds. Still trying to dial it in for BH but threw some sweet FH drives out past 300 a few times. Definitely a bit more stable than the Insanity, solid 2 fade after flying flat/drifting left (rhfh). Throwing about 80% power. Did I mention it's flat?

Still prefer the Insanity for BH even though I turned it over OB today.

So...all this insanity talk...my favorite, go to driver is a 167 proton insanity. Im putting it out about 320'. Was wondering if it could maybe be time to move up to something a tad faster? If so, im looking for suggestions. Was thinking maybe a wave? Would kinda like to throw more plasma plastic.

Thoughts, suggestions, comments?

Thanks in advance!!

So...all this insanity talk...my favorite, go to driver is a 167 proton insanity. Im putting it out about 320'. Was wondering if it could maybe be time to move up to something a tad faster? If so, im looking for suggestions. Was thinking maybe a wave? Would kinda like to throw more plasma plastic.

Thoughts, suggestions, comments?

Thanks in advance!!

I just got a plasma Photon that goes far but I have to really crank on it to get some flex. Envythrower has me wanting to get one in the low 160s.

Wave is good but might be a little more disc than you want if you're using an Insanity for your maxD driver. The Axiom Vanish might be more what you're looking for. Though, since you want to try plasma, if you get a Plasma Wave in the low 160s, it might work.

Wave is good but might be a little more disc than you want if you're using an Insanity for your maxD driver. The Axiom Vanish might be more what you're looking for. Though, since you want to try plasma, if you get a Plasma Wave in the low 160s, it might work.

Thanks for that suggestion! I think i overlooked the vanish. I think thats the direction I'll be leaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts