• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
their mids all around suck. its not ground breaking news. sure their mids are workable, but why would you throw them when other mids work so much better?

ill take my buzz and wasp all day over the axis and vector.

anyone ever try flicking a vector? hahahahaha

their mids all around suck. its not ground breaking news. sure their mids are workable, but why would you throw them when other mids work so much better?

You aren't completely wrong.. The Buzzz is an excellent mold but it can be successfully replaced with a Tangent or an Axis, the one you can't replace is a Comet / Tursas.

The biggest thing with MVP plastic is that it requires a skillful throw and to get a good flight it generally needs a flattish release as opposed to some of the stuff you can do with a Buzzz and a wrist roll. I feel like that is what is most limiting with their mids, what I do is use an Envy and a Relay to fill what would typically be a mid range shot.

One day I hope they produce an US mid with a Vector/Comet kind of wing, so I can get some air under it... but yeah I got a first run vector and it was not the superWasp I hoped for.

giphy.gif

I think their mids are great. Except for the Tensor. They do need a more OS Vector and more US Theory though.

The Axis and Vector are excellent mids if you know how to utilize them. I'm not sure a more US Theory would be useful to me. A more OS Vector would be very welcome in my bag.

No disrespect to the Buzzz, wasp, Comet, roc as they are superb discs and classics which most others are derived. I'll take my Vector and Axis over any of them any day as I'm the most comfortable with their feel and flight. To each their own

I don't get the Tensor hate. It's my second favorite of heir mids, and a speed/flight you can't easily find by anyone else.

Y'all need need to try a matrix. Your loves will be much better with it in your hands. Its the most delicious meal you've ever had. Like being reunited with a lost love. Like the first time you held your child. Its the hand of god reaching down and handing you rhe greatest disc ever imagined.

more US Theory though.

Try a vertex.

Gonna order max weight one and as light one as I can find tomorrow.

Orange(155g) and green(173g), cant wait to give these babies a spin.
Actually more excited about the light one and how it flies with my arm speed, perhaps it could be the non-transparent Matrix I've been looking for?! :popcorn:

Attachments

• servot.jpg
    servot.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 48
I have tried lots of their stuff. Some molds last for me, while others don't. I have zero brand loyalty, and that's reflected in my bag(s). As of now, I am only carrying: Wave, Theory and Envy. Could easily carry more, but those have won out in the no loyalty competition so far.

Almost the same here. Put the 163g Wave in the bag yesterday and threw it on the course. It turned over on me but got 320 ft. on one rip and over 300 on another, good for my noodle arm. Flat holes, no wind aiding it. Maybe it'll, get back in the bag.

Sometimes I carry an all-MVP/Axiom bag and the discs are good, but not all of them make my core bag because other brands do some things better. Like you said, zero brand loyalty, just affinity for what works best for me.

Ive been playing DG for about 4 months now, and I started with a bunch of Innova discs, but fell in love with MVP discs. I recently did a bit of testing of Trilogy discs, played with a lot of great molds, they make some fantastic plastic, but i just love the way Gyro feels and flies, plus I love Plasma plastic, i try to get most of my discs in Plasma, I even putt with a Plasma Proxy. I wish more molds had plasma.

But, I notice you all mention that there is no Comet equivalent but I say thats the Theory, I threw a Big Z comet and a Plasma Theory side by side for most of a field work, and they flew almost identically, with the same crazy glide and slow flight.

Ive also just today found the greatness of an Axis. I bagged a Compass and Claymore in gold plastic for my mids, and I finally found an MVP replacement.

I also made a surprising change. I have replaced the Envy with the Particle. I use the envy as a driving putter for OS throws. They both roughly end up in the same spot, but the Particle goes straight for most of its flight, then banks a hard left, while the Envy slowly goes left. I like the Particle sharp turn. Its no Mortar, but it works. MVP definitely needs a hard OS disc like a Mortar. and a Hard OS putter like a Zone or Harp, they have great super understables, but no super overstables.

The Matrix is good, very Roc/Buzzz like, but I like the Vector more for that kind of shot. And the Tangent is nice, but i prefer the glideyness of the Theory. I am gonna try a Plasma Tangent soon

This is now my new and improved ALmost MVP only bag:

Putters: Swirly Neutron Particle (christmas edition), Plasma Proxy, Proton Spin (replaced a Lucid deputy)
Mids: Plasma Theory, Neutron Axis, Neutron Vector.
Fairways: Plasma Servo, Plasma Crave, Neutron Inspire, Plasma Volt (love this disc)
Distance: Elite Z Avenger SS, Proton Tesla (for forehands), Opto Villain,

I am just getting my throw enough where i can get some use out of Distance drivers, still a bit slow for them, but they make some good utility throws. I just tested an Avenger SS today, and love it, but I don't think MVP has any disc close enough to it. the closest I found using Inbounds is the MVP Impulse, but its a 11 speed disc vs a 10 speed. Proton Tesla is for sharp forehands and thumbers, and hopefully working up to it. My opto villain is unique, its actually super understable, but doesn't turnover and roll, it just holds a right turn. Its a 0, 3 disc but mine flies 3, 0 for some reason. I might take its measurements and find a similar MVP disc so it flies the same, since mine is "broken"

Sorry for the huge random disorganized info dump. I wanted to just give some thoughts and maybe spark some additional conversation. Along wih get help on finding an Avenger SS equivalent. It has a bit of turn and a slow slight fade for me.

But I have Brace/Nose up problems so I can't throw anything over 300 ft, even if the flightpath is corect, or the disc flies correctly for its speed.

I noticed MVP doesn't really have any discs in the 9 and 10 speeds. the power fairways are all 8, but compete with 9 speeds, so thats fine, but all the distance drivers start at 11 speed, even the Impulse. Find it a bit odd.

Again sorry for the all over the place chat. Wanted to get a lot of random stuff into one post, mostly because I love MVP and wanted to just go all in on the conversation.

Ive been playing DG for about 4 months now, and I started with a bunch of Innova discs, but fell in love with MVP discs. I recently did a bit of testing of Trilogy discs, played with a lot of great molds, they make some fantastic plastic, but i just love the way Gyro feels and flies, plus I love Plasma plastic, i try to get most of my discs in Plasma, I even putt with a Plasma Proxy. I wish more molds had plasma.

But, I notice you all mention that there is no Comet equivalent but I say thats the Theory, I threw a Big Z comet and a Plasma Theory side by side for most of a field work, and they flew almost identically, with the same crazy glide and slow flight.

Ive also just today found the greatness of an Axis. I bagged a Compass and Claymore in gold plastic for my mids, and I finally found an MVP replacement.

I also made a surprising change. I have replaced the Envy with the Particle. I use the envy as a driving putter for OS throws. They both roughly end up in the same spot, but the Particle goes straight for most of its flight, then banks a hard left, while the Envy slowly goes left. I like the Particle sharp turn. Its no Mortar, but it works. MVP definitely needs a hard OS disc like a Mortar. and a Hard OS putter like a Zone or Harp, they have great super understables, but no super overstables.

The Matrix is good, very Roc/Buzzz like, but I like the Vector more for that kind of shot. And the Tangent is nice, but i prefer the glideyness of the Theory. I am gonna try a Plasma Tangent soon

This is now my new and improved ALmost MVP only bag:

Putters: Swirly Neutron Particle (christmas edition), Plasma Proxy, Proton Spin (replaced a Lucid deputy)
Mids: Plasma Theory, Neutron Axis, Neutron Vector.
Fairways: Plasma Servo, Plasma Crave, Neutron Inspire, Plasma Volt (love this disc)
Distance: Elite Z Avenger SS, Proton Tesla (for forehands), Opto Villain,

I am just getting my throw enough where i can get some use out of Distance drivers, still a bit slow for them, but they make some good utility throws. I just tested an Avenger SS today, and love it, but I don't think MVP has any disc close enough to it. the closest I found using Inbounds is the MVP Impulse, but its a 11 speed disc vs a 10 speed. Proton Tesla is for sharp forehands and thumbers, and hopefully working up to it. My opto villain is unique, its actually super understable, but doesn't turnover and roll, it just holds a right turn. Its a 0, 3 disc but mine flies 3, 0 for some reason. I might take its measurements and find a similar MVP disc so it flies the same, since mine is "broken"

Sorry for the huge random disorganized info dump. I wanted to just give some thoughts and maybe spark some additional conversation. Along wih get help on finding an Avenger SS equivalent. It has a bit of turn and a slow slight fade for me.

But I have Brace/Nose up problems so I can't throw anything over 300 ft, even if the flightpath is corect, or the disc flies correctly for its speed.

I noticed MVP doesn't really have any discs in the 9 and 10 speeds. the power fairways are all 8, but compete with 9 speeds, so thats fine, but all the distance drivers start at 11 speed, even the Impulse. Find it a bit odd.

Again sorry for the all over the place chat. Wanted to get a lot of random stuff into one post, mostly because I love MVP and wanted to just go all in on the conversation.

If you want an MVP/Axiom disc to test against that avengerSS, try an Insanity. That class of discs for MVP is really more like 10.5 speed than 11. Insanity is a great workable distance driver for people with your arm speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts