• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you for the heads up

i saw that and was tempted but im done with the mvp heartache

using up my current supply of volts and ultimately switching to a new speed 9 somewhat overstable driver

Getaways are where it's at, my man. Lightweight Biofuzions for line shaping and Max weight Lucids for beef.

Electron Proxies in stores third of June.
Took their time huh
suuuuuper jazzed about this one. I hollered real loud for these for a while. Every time I worked with MVP directly I would mention it. I see it as poor timing on their part though. With the Ohm's introduction, I'm more interested in seeing an Electron Ohm. I'll still try a few E Proxys though.

They need to hurry with Cosmic Firm Electron Ohm so I can try said mold out. Yuck on flexible putters.

Also, MVP, do your putter releases in Electron, baseline putters are much more important than premium putters.
Agreed on both accounts. Base plastic (or grippy, textured premium plastic like XT) are easily my choice for putters. Or mids. Or fairways hahaha!
Bring on that Electron Ohm!

Correct. The Ohm and Reactor spoiled us... those discs are both phenomenal molds IMO. They didn't ask me, but I would have split them into separate releases. They have to have more new mids coming. Maybe next month?

what a joke

Hey all. Just got the Ohm and Reactor and they are nice. I have been playing for only a year and a half, just learning things. Would there be any reason to keep a Star Mako3 in my bag with the reactor? Trying to minimize overlap. I also bag a Gateway Mystic and Theory as well as an Envy for the slower end of things.

Thanks!

Speaking of electron, has anybody thrown an E matrix? How straight are they? I ordered two new E anodes for putting a few months ago and LOVE that plastic. Nice and grippy. Would love a matrix in that flavor to pair with my proton matrix, but it'd have to justify kicking my plasma axis out.

Hah. At any given moment I have an XT "yard" Stud or two hiding in the bushes . . .

Geez man, how's your ass after that shipping? Haha ha ouch, I knew it was really bad but you shoulda told me, I woulda bought more discs or shot you more cash.. You shouldn't have shipped with tracking... That being said....

OUTSTANDING Sir... got my discs and they are beautiful... I haven't seen many Royal (?) Blue plasmas that Wave is killer, metal flake in all of them, PFN.. Oh so sexy. Low PLH on two of the waves and a high PLH low dome on the heavier green one.

The Tesla are pretty in pink, like a pale lipstick gloss.. Metal flake, flat in top and color... nice.

Wow man thanks again....

I hope they throw as good as they look, I might pop out for 9 or at least punch a couple S drives out towards my shop... back soon

Thinking of trotting an MVP and Co bag for a causal round soon. What do we think of;

Plasma Octane
Neutron Phase
Neutron Flare
Fission Volt
Neutron Deflector
Proton Matrix
NSoft Envy
Electron Atom

What do we think?

Geez man, how's your ass after that shipping?

Heh. No worries - I still came out ahead and I have a lot more room in the disc closet so its all good.

I'm just glad they finally got there, and hope they'll fly right for you.

Heh. No worries - I still came out ahead and I have a lot more room in the disc closet so its all good.

I'm just glad they finally got there, and hope they'll fly right for you.

They fly pretty good, a lot like I was expecting/ hoping.. The Waves are very workable at a comfy but more stout weight.. Tesla's are more beefy, great FH disc. Matched set 2 pairs of green and pink. Nice for a matchy bag. In my weight and speed range..

I gotta know though what happened to that inertia? Do you remember? Not complaining just getting Sherlocky. Seems like it was beside a black disc maybe and some 3 point thing (golden retriever?).. I would have said dinner plate but the scratches are on the wrong side... Hammer thrower with OCD? " I gotta grab it from the M everytime and only throw it on one hole, the same way, all the time.

No comment on Moose's bag.. I don't throw that far but looks good..

We have lost Elmer forever :( haha "Elmex" .

I gotta know though what happened to that inertia? Do you remember?

No, but it has been a while since I threw it. I have a vague memory of "Huh, that's weird" but that's the best I can recall from the hazy mists of time. Sorry!

Yeah for Moose's bag "we" think we would be throwing lots of noob hyzers. :D

No, but it has been a while since I threw it. I have a vague memory of "Huh, that's weird" but that's the best I can recall from the hazy mists of time. Sorry!

Yeah for Moose's bag "we" think we would be throwing lots of noob hyzers. :D

Haha y'all could do some work with the fizzy Volt and Matrix though?

Getaways are where it's at, my man. Lightweight Biofuzions for line shaping and Max weight Lucids for beef.

Pssssht I was looking to pick a fight with you and this is your last post... betrayer!! you and Elmer both... and you are so wrong.. Haha.

Got my plasma waves, actually threw them now, I haven't checked plh and sample size of 1 neutron but they're almost different discs but not really, just way less HSS compared to neutron.. And not in a bad way just a more "I can noodle it" kind of way. :D so wrong haha IMO.

And yeah Moose I was eyeballing those volts.. I would have bought em if I knew there was space in that box and the shipping was over $40 but me and the Volt have been off and on.. I'm going Wave/ Tesla/ Inertia this season... Relay....gotta envy's.. A spin hahaha :)

Last edited:

I have In the past yes haha. The matrix is my favorite mid, and potentially my only mid in my bag soon. So that's fine. I know I could (and maybe in the future actually will) rock an envy all over the course. Fission volts are nice, I used to bag one until I grip locked it 300' out into a nasty swamp, never to be seen again. I still carry a beefy neutron one, but it's in danger of being cut. I carry a proton wrath that's too similar.

I would need to swap one of the beefy drivers with something flippier (i.e wave) and I could roll with that bag.

Pssssht I was looking to pick a fight with you and this is your last post... betrayer!! you and Elmer both... and you are so wrong.. Haha.

Got my plasma waves, actually threw them now, I haven't checked plh and sample size of 1 neutron but they're almost different discs but not really, just way less HSS compared to neutron.. And not in a bad way just a more "I can noodle it" kind of way. :D so wrong haha IMO.

Well as a peace offering I will say that a Proxy has recently snuck its way back into my bag. :)
I'm playing a lot more wooded courses since my move a few months back, and the Proxy is a tunnel carver. It interrupts my Judge cycle a bit but is worth it since it keeps me in the fairway without sacrificing distance. It's fun to watch your throwing partners huck drivers into the woods, then get up there and pipe a putter right down the middle. And even more satisfying when they ask "was that ANOTHER putter drive?"

So for now, my bag is 10% gyro - one Neutron Proxy and one Neutron Vanish (man, that would be a great mold in domey Plasma!). No Wave and no Envy. Both great molds, but for various reasons I'm throwing other stuff in those slots. I think at the peak of my gyro fandom I was still only at 30% - 2x Envy, Proxy, 2x Wave, & Vanish. So I've never been a true gyro fanboy. :p

Well. I hate the term "fanboy"..... because my reasons/logic is not based on "fanboy" logic......but I carry a 100% gyro bag..... including the bag they are in... So does that make me a fanboy? Or just a fan of high quality, local(ish) produced plastic, the craftsmanship of which I admire on a professional level?

I guess I really don't care either way hahaha!

Well as a peace offering I will say that a Proxy has recently snuck its way back into my bag. :)

..... So I've never been a true gyro fanboy. :p

Hmmm well as much as I like a peace offering I'm not in the Proxy Fan club haha.. I actually dislike the acclaim it gets haha. Kind of a weird sore spot actually, I dont like the way it feels either, just odd. You are wrong haha... but you are right about the flight, damn it does tunnels good, at the time I just stuck with Tangents since I have 4 or 5 in cycle.. Never did throw a plasma one.. Now I don't really don't throw them at all.. The Ohm is a solid contender in that slot.. It's my "Proxy" .. More glide is more gooder. I feel like the Proxy needed a little more armspeed to feel the love.. Yeah I wanted to love it and now you've opened up a bitter gash of resentment.

As far as fanboys go, sorry Jakebake you and I are there, at least he didn't say "fanboi" I don't know where the line is but that seems worse.. Only holdout in my bag is the Comet, I tried to replace it but NO! I don't know why I obsessively switched my bag, I found some discs that worked well and just built off that.. There was a time for two months I went Ion and Comet.. Everyone loved the Ion and I couldn't make it work worth a **** but believing in superior science and that my form was less than perfect it was the right putter at the right time.. Been driving the bandwagon ever since. The Axis and 155 Inertia were good too, I ended up making a lot of good choices, so that helped.

Their 150 class stuff is killer and that's where I'm at these days. 165-167 max generally Putters and drivers most drivers are 155- 160 ish. Comet's 172-176g. Of course there's a 143 fission Photon and a 178/180 Comet and Tangent.

Last edited:
man every place is real low on MVP stuff. Is covid slowing there production down or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts