• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
KRgl2OQ.jpg

So I kept trying to post with the title: "I hope they make a triple nutsac" and it kept jamming out haha.. That's my big haul!

With my standard bag and Margaritaville Doubles glow stash mini.. A bunch of Envy's.. 2 x relays, a Comet... the useche

Last edited:
man every place is real low on MVP stuff. Is covid slowing there production down or what?

I'm assuming so. They mentioned in one of the newsletters that some of their new releases had to be postponed because of it. I'm not sure how Michigan had their stay at home orders worded, but it's entirely possible that they might have been considered "non-essential" and haven't even been running. Should start to see things pick up pretty soon I'd imagine.

man every place is real low on MVP stuff. Is covid slowing there production down or what?
They closed everything for a month or two. They re-opened last Monday to do custom orders… I know this because two of mine are being pushed through the queue now.

I'm assuming that it won't be long before they are stock starts hitting the shelves again.

KRgl2OQ.jpg

So I kept trying to post with the title: "I hope they make a triple nutsac" and it kept jamming out haha.. That's my big haul!

With my standard bag and Margaritaville Doubles glow stash mini.. A bunch of Envy's.. 2 x relays, a Comet... the useche

All those great gyro molds out there to choose from, and you decided to bag Teslas?!?:sick:

Haha, now we really can't be friends. :)

Correct. The Ohm and Reactor spoiled us... those discs are both phenomenal molds IMO. They didn't ask me, but I would have split them into separate releases. They have to have more new mids coming. Maybe next month?

I still haven't gotten a reactor. The Ohm was intersting but didn't replace the Envy. Reactor has stiff competition with my pop tops.

Thinking of trotting an MVP and Co bag for a causal round soon. What do we think of;

Plasma Octane
Neutron Phase
Neutron Flare
Fission Volt
Neutron Deflector
Proton Matrix
NSoft Envy
Electron Atom

What do we think?

That's a lot of OS discs. Forehand?

All those great gyro molds out there to choose from, and you decided to bag Teslas?!?:sick:

Hey now! I resemble that remark!

Tesla / Inertia for distance. For the win. Anything faster is for 20-somethings who are over-compensating. :p

I'm assuming so. They mentioned in one of the newsletters that some of their new releases had to be postponed because of it. I'm not sure how Michigan had their stay at home orders worded, but it's entirely possible that they might have been considered "non-essential" and haven't even been running. Should start to see things pick up pretty soon I'd imagine.

I asume next month we see circuit stuff like the Electron Entropy.

I wasn't a fan of the Tensor (feel)... but I love the Entropy. I'm hoping they'll use the Entropy mold to bring a slower mid / approach disc into the line-up - something in a bit more stable... like a 4402 or 4401. Like a Envy / Entropy blend. I'd probably ditch my Envys for that.

I know right?! Your bag always seems like my "anti bag" .. When there's a hair to split on a mold/ flight characteristic you seem to go the other way.

I really love my 162 fission Tesla, not totally sold on the plasmas with less glide they are filling a utility Crave style overstable firebird FL / Deflector kinda slot. Going to try a few OH with em see how they do on a thumber.

I still haven't gotten a reactor. The Ohm was intersting but didn't replace the Envy. Reactor has stiff competition with my pop tops.

That's a lot of OS discs. Forehand?

Probably 60% Forehand maybe a little more.

Not gonna lie, it felt good to break 550 on flat ground with no wind helping a couple of weeks ago. I was getting there in 2017 before I tore my ACL the second time and didn't know if I'd ever be able to do it.

What feels better? 550' with a distance driver, or 300' with a stego? Haha

What feels better? 550' with a distance driver, or 300' with a stego? Haha

The 301 with a Stego was a good moment, but I've been trying to hit 550 a lot longer.

I'm more confident I can do 550 with a driver again though, getting a Stego past 275 is a huge deal.

The 301 with a Stego was a good moment, but I've been trying to hit 550 a lot longer.

I'm more confident I can do 550 with a driver again though, getting a Stego past 275 is a huge deal.

I watched your (at least Im pretty sure it was yours) stego only round....that made my arm ache just watching haha. Some pretty impressive stuff there! Congrats on hitting those goals! And for making us noodle arms feel even more inadequate....lol

Hey now! I resemble that remark!

Tesla / Inertia for distance. For the win. Anything faster is for 20-somethings who are over-compensating. :p

Haha. I'ma 30-something that apparently still overcompensates.

Of all the gyro molds I've tried, there were only two that I just really did not like: Defy and Tesla. The one Tesla I had flew glideless and much more overstable than I was expecting, and yet it flipped over for me in headwinds. I just don't have a use for a fairway driver that gets less distance than my midranges unless it fills the meathook/headwind slot.

I know right?! Your bag always seems like my "anti bag" .. When there's a hair to split on a mold/ flight characteristic you seem to go the other way.

I really love my 162 fission Tesla, not totally sold on the plasmas with less glide they are filling a utility Crave style overstable firebird FL / Deflector kinda slot. Going to try a few OH with em see how they do on a thumber.

Yeah, it probably depends on what slot you're trying to fill, what situations you throw it in, elevation, arm speed, etc.

For me the Tesla didn't have anywhere close to the wind resistance of a utility OS disc. But it also didn't have the distance capability that I want in my straight-to-fade fairway driver mold. Just kind of an odd tweener disc for me with very disappointing distance results.

You may be right regarding the whole "anti-bag" thing, even down to the token Discraft disc in the bag. My one Discraft mold is a Zone...Comets feel gross in my hand :gross:

And I guess just to see if my bag really is @ThrowaEnvy's "anti-bag," here's a list of my current molds (I won't bore everyone with breaking down what I carry multiples of):

Berg
Judge
Proxy
Zone
Emac Truth
Evidence
Tursas
Felon
Getaway
Stag
Hatchet
Trespass
Vanish

Well Envy, what do you think? Some pretty terrible molds in my bag? Just remember to give me a couple bonus points for carrying those discs in an MVP Voyager. :)

I watched your (at least Im pretty sure it was yours) stego only round....that made my arm ache just watching haha. Some pretty impressive stuff there! Congrats on hitting those goals! And for making us noodle arms feel even more inadequate....lol

If it was the scruffy looking guy shooting under par, that was me, if it was the good looking guy with the ponytail trying to make it backhand roll it was not lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts