• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
any full power fh with the relay

I have never tried full power FH with the Relay. I did drive with it about 3/4 power yesterday on a shaped hyzer flip line. It flipped to a slight turn and had a small fade back across the neutral line.

3/4 power is all I can do on a hyzer line without getting nasty in my form and risking an injury. I can only do full power FH on a flex line...and usually only one of those before my shoulder starts screaming...old injury and lack of perfect FH form.

Last edited:
anyone fh the relay

Occasionally. I use it for those "Big Jerm" shots where you'd rather turnover a FH than try to hit the gap with a RHBH slight hyzer, like that 1st really wooded hole at Waco. It's pretty good for straight to drifting left turnovers. I haven't thrown it for really hard FHs but between my form and its stability I doubt it would work out too well. I do flick a Z Heat pretty decently so I can give it a go but it strikes me as better suited for finesse Fhs.

Occasionally. I use it for those "Big Jerm" shots where you'd rather turnover a FH than try to hit the gap with a RHBH slight hyzer, like that 1st really wooded hole at Waco. It's pretty good for straight to drifting left turnovers. I haven't thrown it for really hard FHs but between my form and its stability I doubt it would work out too well. I do flick a Z Heat pretty decently so I can give it a go but it strikes me as better suited for finesse Fhs.

this makes the most sense to me

if i was to torque on it i feel like it would flip but a nice finesse touch shot it would laser and deliver and if i needed torque i would just throw my volts

also maybe a get out of jail and get some d too type flick shot with it

I was curious so I took it out to the field for some hard flicks. I threw: 1 N Relay, 3 N Insanities, 1 Pro Inspire, and 1 N Switch.

The only definite conclusion I drew was that the Relay was the least tolerant of OAT. It turned hard if I fluttered it. But it was also the straightest and seemed the most glidey so if you stay really clean you could shape some nice lasers with it. It was kind of breezy out there so how much was the disc or me vs random headwinds is anybody's guess.

I tried throwing them hard but solidly hyzer release and was alright at keeping them hyzer for the most part. Two of my Insanities are actually decently stable, I can crank on them flat and expect them to come back, one is understable but not crazy flippy. The Inspire is kinda warped and concave so I don't know if it's representative of Inspires writ large. It was the 2nd least tolerant of OAT but also seemed to have decent LSS. The Switch is the most similar to the Relay except it's more likely to turn and fade whereas the Relay wants to go straight as possible. I tried throwing them slightly downhill with a clean and flat release and again, the Relay only stood out as turning hard left and not fighting back if you wobbled it over. On these downhill throws I was able to get a couple of Insanities and the Inspire to almost the 300' mark (probably plays like 275') and the rest about 20-30' shorter but my forehand is a work in progress. The Relay and Switch seemed a little slower than the others.

Both heavy I'd say similar enough. You have to give them both that type of delivery where you just want to pop it to flat and sail it downrange, rather than crank on it and let it S-curve back (b/c it won't).

i read both of your last posts

i flick my insanity to pop up and ride with little fade the relay seems like a slower laser beam that wont do as well in the wind tho

maybe like a leo or a fd

that big jerm style fh seems to paint the best picture of fh a relay

i read both of your last posts

i flick my insanity to pop up and ride with little fade the relay seems like a slower laser beam that wont do as well in the wind tho

maybe like a leo or a fd

that big jerm style fh seems to paint the best picture of fh a relay

Agree. I flick the Relay often but most often Big Jerm hyper flip style. It does moderately well in wind but not something I would rely on especially on more open courses. It is also good for situational flick spike hyzers or controlled flick turnovers in the woods. I bag at least 1 Relay and sometimes 2.

Like many MVP throwers, mid-ranges for me are more utility discs as opposed to discs that fit neatly into the distance possible between putters and fairway drivers.

I never threw mids for most of 18 years. Then I switched to MVP. Now I reach for a mid or putter first.

Status
Not open for further replies.