• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without seeing the hole you're talking about, its kinda hard to really know. The Wave is basically a speed faster Inertia. It should hold a nice controllable turnover downhill but has a good glidey fade once it kicks in.

Hey big thumbs up again on that one... been packing the Wave in my daily bag for a few days.. Downhill it's a straight laser uphill I'm getting a slow straight hyzer and solid distance..

I like Hokom but there wasn't a lot of stuff in her bag I can relate to besides the Envy, Spin and Photons..

oh speaking of the wave i threw it the other day

seems like a hair longer insanity????????? i wasnt sold on it but it seemed ok its def no volt i could tell that much tho

saw someone chipping around the course with a deflector the other day

i was like WOW LOOK AT THAT GUY im glad im not him

oh speaking of the wave i threw it the other day

seems like a hair longer insanity????????? i wasnt sold on it but it seemed ok its def no volt i could tell that much tho

I picked up a moderately beat, domey 170g neutron a while back. It's about the only 10-11 speed driver that I can throw with hyzer and get it to flip and turn. Kinda cool and goes a long way but doesn't really fit my game.

I picked up a moderately beat, domey 170g neutron a while back. It's about the only 10-11 speed driver that I can throw with hyzer and get it to flip and turn. Kinda cool and goes a long way but doesn't really fit my game.

yeah it was easy d

My Wave is still pretty fresh, used it for one season 2 yrs ago. Last year I used the 143 fission Photon/ Vanish combo. I don't know if I'm weaker than I think or if my 155 N Wave is a freak but man my 155 fission Photon is easier to turn... I get good distance though because Waves so straight.

My fresh 165 Plasma Insanity gets way more side to side action in the flight...

Last edited:
Bag update: the Wave is in.

Neutron, or did you end up buying a Plasma?

I <3 Plaz Waves so much. I bagged a neutron and proton interchangeably for a while to replace a lost plasma, and they were still good. The Wave is a great mold regardless of plastic. But seriously, that little bit of extra dome that it gets in plasma plastic significantly increases the amount of glide. I missed that when bagging the neutron/proton instead. I eventually got a plasma again, and now the neutron/proton are back to being backups.

Neutron, or did you end up buying a Plasma?

I <3 Plaz Waves so much. I bagged a neutron and proton interchangeably for a while to replace a lost plasma, and they were still good. The Wave is a great mold regardless of plastic. But seriously, that little bit of extra dome that it gets in plasma plastic significantly increases the amount of glide. I missed that when bagging the neutron/proton instead. I eventually got a plasma again, and now the neutron/proton are back to being backups.

The Neutron(s). The plasma is on the 'want list' along with a few others discs. The Neutrons are getting the job done for now...

I feel like a little bit of an impostor in this thread since I only bag 2.5 gyro molds (0.5 due to the Vanish being a situational disc for me). But man, I lean hard on both the Envy and Wave molds. They are both fantastic.

Never thrown a Vanish but I could do alright with the rest of her bag. I'd miss having a smaller rimmed laser driver like the Crave or beat in Volt though.

My Wave is still pretty fresh, used it for one season 2 yrs ago. Last year I used the 143 fission Photon/ Vanish combo. I don't know if I'm weaker than I think or if my 155 N Wave is a freak but man my 155 fission Photon is easier to turn... I get good distance though because Waves so straight.

My fresh 165 Plasma Insanity gets way more side to side action in the flight...

Beat Fission Photon = Wave.

I still bag 1 super beat Neutron Wave from 2015 but I have several Fission Photons from the 2nd run (domey) that are identical in flight to my Waves. Fission Photon is probably one of the most inconsistent MVP plastic/mold combos. The beauty is that you can get a full range of shots with one mold.

Status
Not open for further replies.