• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is my malfunction?

Why do I feel the repeated need to try and make an all MVP/Axiom bag?

I was setting up for some practice.. 3 Envys, 2 Switches and figured on 2 Comets.. But then a Spin and a Vertex jumped in and booted a Comet out so there was space for my "tin"

What is my malfunction?

Why do I feel the repeated need to try and make an all MVP/Axiom bag?

I was setting up for some practice.. 3 Envys, 2 Switches and figured on 2 Comets.. But then a Spin and a Vertex jumped in and booted a Comet out so there was space for my "tin"

youll be back for the discraft mids

Yeah man its tough parting with the Comet / Tursas in the bag.. Some kind of sentimental yet functional attachment to the Comet and the Tursas because it's everything I love about a sweet Esp Comet. There's definitely some deep seated issues with my relationship with the Comet.

I gotta give the Vertex props... it's fun to throw but I wish it had more glide.

Yeah man its tough parting with the Comet / Tursas in the bag.. Some kind of sentimental yet functional attachment to the Comet and the Tursas because it's everything I love about a sweet Esp Comet. There's definitely some deep seated issues with my relationship with the Comet.

I gotta give the Vertex props... it's fun to throw but I wish it had more glide.

there are some individuals that are sick who swear by the fuse

I will second having a weird relationship with the Comet. I put the Alias back in my bag, taking the swirl-glo Comet out(I lost my Z)

I lambast MVP/Axiom mids all the time...but I forget that the Alias is listed as a mid! I think of it as a putter most of the time, but I love it. Why did I ever take it out of my bag?

I still need another max weight firm Z Comet, but something else has to come out of the bag, not the Alias.

Honestly I can't get down with the Comet, the grip is so chunky it's hard to be consistent. Really been digging the Matrix though... the flight is really great.

x comets are sweet too

i dont like throwing the comet but i like watching others throw it

i throw the ion instead its like the modern and improved version of the comet

i also dont like throwing the proxy but i enjoy watching others throw it

x comets are sweet too

i dont like throwing the comet but i like watching others throw it

i throw the ion instead its like the modern and improved version of the comet

i also dont like throwing the proxy but i enjoy watching others throw it

this

but the ion is more controllable and less touchy too

i always had trouble ranging the comet, i actually like less glide.

Well if they would hurry up and sponsor me I wouldn't have this dilemma.

There are always discs from other manufacturers that one has difficulty parting with when switching to a single manufacturer setup, either by choice or by sponsor requirement.

I switched to all MVP / Axiom before I was sponsored, and it was very difficult to give up a few discs to do so.

My game adjusted to my tools, however. Both in the sense that I developed new shots as a result of new discs, and modified my game around the discs I no longer had.

If you're serious about switching to an all MVP / Axiom / Streamline setup, my advice is to commit to it and make the adjustments. Otherwise, don't feel compelled to do it. If your other discs are treating you well, there is no shame in that.

I just want to point out that I had my purple Electron Ion before Hokom started putting with hers. No bandwagon over here, not that there's anything wrong with that.

I switched to all MVP / Axiom before I was sponsored, and it was very difficult to give up a few discs to do so.

I checked your bag... what are you doing for BH mid range distance? Is that Theory gliding enough or are you hopping that space with FH fairways and a variety of putters to fill all needs..

Got a round in Tangent and Vertex.. Left all my Envy in the basket at home haha. I still love that Vertex but I putt like a fiend with a Tangent. :) I've been playing with a 174 Vertex Skulboy got a second one Skulboy 177 I'm tempted to crack it out or weigh it first but I think I could really get behind a 180.

Back the Comet problem I generally need 2 or 3 discs to replace it but it naturally pairs awesome with a Tangent.. The Spin has become a bag staple, it's in for the long haul, I got a 165 electron I'm swapping for my 166 Proton. So I have short turns and downhill tunnels Sussed out... a heavy Vertex might fill the void.. I think I've got plastic fever again.

Held it down to dull roar though, I have three 165 Plasma Envies and a 166 Halloween glow coming from Marshall st.. I need to practice for the season.

I got a tourney in a wide open ball golf course.. I need noodle arm glide downhill.. Long distance some steep elevation.. I got uphill covered. whats consensus for a long turnover that doesn't burn and comes back maybe 350' power. Catalyst? Insanity? Stick with Inertias maybe heavy up 155 to 175g I was burning them last year.

I got a tourney in a wide open ball golf course.. I need noodle arm glide downhill.. Long distance some steep elevation.. I got uphill covered. whats consensus for a long turnover that doesn't burn and comes back maybe 350' power. Catalyst? Insanity? Stick with Inertias maybe heavy up 155 to 175g I was burning them last year.

No help with MVP, because I don't know their stuff and just check in periodically to try and learn, but for steep downhill distance, a Comet is hard to beat. Even with a driver. Find your Comet replacement, and you may very well find your longest disc for steep downhill shots.

I checked your bag... what are you doing for BH mid range distance? Is that Theory gliding enough or are you hopping that space with FH fairways and a variety of putters to fill all needs..

Got a round in Tangent and Vertex.. Left all my Envy in the basket at home haha. I still love that Vertex but I putt like a fiend with a Tangent. :) I've been playing with a 174 Vertex Skulboy got a second one Skulboy 177 I'm tempted to crack it out or weigh it first but I think I could really get behind a 180.

Back the Comet problem I generally need 2 or 3 discs to replace it but it naturally pairs awesome with a Tangent.. The Spin has become a bag staple, it's in for the long haul, I got a 165 electron I'm swapping for my 166 Proton. So I have short turns and downhill tunnels Sussed out... a heavy Vertex might fill the void.. I think I've got plastic fever again.

Held it down to dull roar though, I have three 165 Plasma Envies and a 166 Halloween glow coming from Marshall st.. I need to practice for the season.

Vanish or a Virus maybe?

Vanish or a Virus maybe?

Yeah I don't know I think those will burn pretty bad downhill.. I was wondering about hyzerflipping the Vanish. Or trying to throw something just outside my speed class.. How about the Wave will it hold up on a steep downhill?

Yeah I don't know I think those will burn pretty bad downhill.. I was wondering about hyzerflipping the Vanish. Or trying to throw something just outside my speed class.. How about the Wave will it hold up on a steep downhill?
Without seeing the hole you're talking about, its kinda hard to really know. The Wave is basically a speed faster Inertia. It should hold a nice controllable turnover downhill but has a good glidey fade once it kicks in.

If you dont already have a Wave, go ahead and buy one, lol. It may turn out not to be right for this shot but I am sure you will find a use for it.;) If nothing else, you can pull it out when it might be too windy for the Inertia. The Plasmas just bomb.

Last edited:
. The Wave is basically a speed faster Inertia. It should hold a nice controllable turnover downhill but has a good glidey fade once it kicks in.

Thanks man, definitely bagging the 155 Wave for a practice round there. It's open, going to be windier then I'm used to. There's a few holes with 30 ft elevation but one is about 60ft+ high super long and steeper than 45 degrees.

I just want to point out that I had my purple Electron Ion before Hokom started putting with hers. No bandwagon over here, not that there's anything wrong with that.

i had one too but my bag was stolen

it had a cute puddle and clover top

it was from the first run of electrons they released which we all know was the best run of electron ions

Thanks man, definitely bagging the 155 Wave for a practice round there. It's open, going to be windier then I'm used to. There's a few holes with 30 ft elevation but one is about 60ft+ high super long and steeper than 45 degrees.

Calm, Wave is money. Headwind Photon. Tailwind Inertia. Crosswind or rolling winds, Plasma Volt.

All according to the wind for max. If I had to only choose 1, I would do Plasma Volt. Overall, wind affects it less than any driver, by any company, I have thrown or seen thrown.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts