• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently I suck at youtube.

Was a Dan Beto Entropy test.

Last edited:
Happy mail call out here... dog got his Barkbox, woman got her legal cannabis, I got a BIG box of discs! Good timing all around everyone's happy and I intercepted the other 4 discs.... She'll never notice.

I have 10 fresh plasma Envys just in time for a tournament Saturday.. So now there's 7 at 167g and 5 at 165g plus my others in different plastics. I officially have a hoard at 20 Envys.

Sounds like it's going to be windy.. I had a 165 Plasma Mayhem show up too.. Thanks to Artemisclydfr0g for being a cool dude and tossing it in since there was a shipping foul up. Got a few tosses on it and it's definitely the disc I was looking for in my "wish I had that" distance slot. I've really been looking for a glow Nuke in the Gyro, I have a thing for wide rims I love the feel and get a better grip/power transfer. I think with a little height advantage I could really get it going.

The Catalyst was just wrong I can probably get it 10ft further but it's just goofy and I don't trust it.. I'm barely getting them up to speed though TBH.

I would say a soft Envy for feel close kind of in flight but more stable.. Atom is likely closer in flight but different feel. My brother is the XD guy not me.

Looks like the wind is picking up here and is worrying me for my super long course disc golf tourney tomorrow.. I was betting on 155 Inertias, Vanish, 143 fission Photon and a Wave to do most of the work.. But it's likely just a Wave day... I'm severely handicapped out there with 350ish of power probably less... and if the wind picks up to 30-70km/h I'm nervous about the bag setup.

Definitely taking the Volt and Crave probably the Resistor just in case (it's not familiar) but I'm considering something like that 165 Plasma Mayhem or 174 N Inertia neither of which I'm very familiar with but there's a lot of open space to mess around I just need a reasonable wind fighter for max D. I used to throw a beat Esp Force but I'm not there for power anymore..

Thoughts and suggestions?

I would say a soft Envy for feel close kind of in flight but more stable.. Atom is likely closer in flight but different feel. My brother is the XD guy not me.

Looks like the wind is picking up here and is worrying me for my super long course disc golf tourney tomorrow.. I was betting on 155 Inertias, Vanish, 143 fission Photon and a Wave to do most of the work.. But it's likely just a Wave day... I'm severely handicapped out there with 350ish of power probably less... and if the wind picks up to 30-70km/h I'm nervous about the bag setup.

Definitely taking the Volt and Crave probably the Resistor just in case (it's not familiar) but I'm considering something like that 165 Plasma Mayhem or 174 N Inertia neither of which I'm very familiar with but there's a lot of open space to mess around I just need a reasonable wind fighter for max D. I used to throw a beat Esp Force but I'm not there for power anymore..

At the risk of sounding like someone else...

Plasma Volt. The best, all around, wind fighter I have yet to see.

Inertia will be awesome for the tailwind shots, but not so great for headwind.

Updated wind projection 70-90km/hr.. All day haha ha f***.

Maybe 2 Volts, pulled the candy pro FB out of retirement.... Going to try some yard throws later. Just got a heavier proton Crave too.. Hmmm.

plaz volt

You got a motion or a fireball kickin' around in that giant stash of gyro? Although you should be covered with the candy FB. When BC Provincials were on Pender a few years back we had crazy winds at the GC. Sideways sleet/rain in the sunshine! I threw a champ FB all day with good results but it was the FR neutron volt every time the wind was at my back!

You got a motion or a fireball kickin' around in that giant stash of gyro? Although you should be covered with the candy FB. When BC Provincials were on Pender a few years back we had crazy winds at the GC. Sideways sleet/rain in the sunshine! I threw a champ FB all day with good results but it was the FR neutron volt every time the wind was at my back!

Haha I remember that.. And I was glad I decided not to play. The GC scares me haha.

I think the motion is way big for me I have been eyeballing a fireball with that SE stamp as a possible bag addition but I'd rather snag a fission 166 Volt for everyday. I can't make my Volt hum like you do. We are generally spoiled with lack of wind out here. I'm seriously thinking Mayhem unless someone stops me....

hit basket on a blind 300ft dogleg right woods shot with my plaz volt

I got dead Center of a pond with my Resistor 3 holes in.... My game didn't get better. Got almost every OB sand trap and whatever there was to be had. Took a 6 to start then a 4 then a 4 with a lost disc. Played the Mayhem and don't regret it... there was nothing to be done about the wind.

Got my ass handed to me about +14 then got par on the regular course where I should have been -5 minimum.. Hahahaha f***. Oh well had fun and played with a distant relative by marriage both times and he was good company. Got my lone bird on GC with a crave approach, putted with 178 N Tangent all day.

I got dead Center of a pond with my Resistor 3 holes in.... My game didn't get better. Got almost every OB sand trap and whatever there was to be had. Took a 6 to start then a 4 then a 4 with a lost disc. Played the Mayhem and don't regret it... there was nothing to be done about the wind.

Got my ass handed to me about +14 then got par on the regular course where I should have been -5 minimum.. Hahahaha f***. Oh well had fun and played with a distant relative by marriage both times and he was good company. Got my lone bird on GC with a crave approach, putted with 178 N Tangent all day.

am i the only person on the mvp threads that shoots consistently under par

must be the ion and volt power

Does anyone throw the Volt in Electron plastic? I haven't felt the need to switch, but I know it's been out for a bit. Wondering what anyone here thinks of it.

Does anyone throw the Volt in Electron plastic? I haven't felt the need to switch, but I know it's been out for a bit. Wondering what anyone here thinks of it.

If you play on open grassy courses, buy one and you will probably like it. If you are throwing near any trees or rocky ground, don't...

Status
Not open for further replies.