• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'll be a suck-egged mule! Found an eBay seller with Ohms in stock and ordered a couple 175g. Thanks to eBay my putter needs for the spring are now complete. 😁

Now I need a backup Hex......and maybe a CN or Eclipse Ohm.

Congratulations! That's good news.

It looks like there's a lot of factory seconds around recently, you shouldn't have any problems finding a hex. That's good news on the ohm. I really feel like that mold should get higher praise than it does, I wondered if it was just because people couldn't get them in their bag to rave on.

Of course a better description on their web site would also help.. Saying it's like a pilot and a line about laser straight drives and confident putts doesn't sell it enough.

Last edited:
Beam, Cypher, and I thought there may be more.

MVP said they basically aren't pushing any new molds in the off season because discs don't sell as well at that time. Only putters still sell well in winter months, so they will introduce new plastics in winter for putters, like the 2.0 Proxy they released this month, but otherwise they really don't release anything new in winter months.

That being said, I have no clue which discs at which time will be released next. They said getting restocked was more important than new molds right now, so would not give a timetable on new molds, though do want to release several this year. Before Conrad hit the shot, they held a poll on Facebook for the only new mold they would push through last year. The Hex won, but the Rhythm was the second highest vote, I believe followed by the Cypher. So my money is on the next wave of releases being in the fairway category, as both of those are fairways, and the fans seem to want those next in general.

Of course, since James hit the shot, they rushed the Nomad a little sooner, and might be rushing his fairway/control driver the Tera out before those other discs.

TLDR: who knows.

Interesting, OTB has a bunch of Hexes in stock, MST has a few, Infinite and DGC have none. Maybe some new stock is trickling out there.

I keep forgetting there's an off season in places.

I often forget too. I usually play more in the winter than in the summer, because it's so much nicer outside right now. I don't feel like I'm losing half my bodyweight worth of water.

Interesting, OTB has a bunch of Hexes in stock, MST has a few, Infinite and DGC have none. Maybe some new stock is trickling out there.

Yeah, there was a new round of restocks that began shipping last week to dealers. Craves, Hexes, Envies, Proxies, Wraths, Teslas, and a whole bunch of other discs I can't remember off the top of my head.

DFX has a lot of most of them left if you're looking for something in particular.

Anyone throw the new runs of Inertia? Any plastic (higher weight)

Curious how they compare to pre-patent Volts

Anyone throw the new runs of Inertia? Any plastic (higher weight)

Curious how they compare to pre-patent Volts

I've thrown the eclipse one from the gyro box.. Kinda stable. More of a sharper fade than a panning one... the inertia was kind of made to go with a volt, little faster, little more shaping. Same generation though, the first molds.

Seems like the same old inertia to me... more stable is the word but I'm a bad judge of that, I'm not used to full weight but the S action seems much tighter... but I don't throw my full weight neutron much and they are that super gummy run so again... maybe I should shut up now haha.

Ok threw the glow inertia for a quick 5 before dark.. More HSS than neutron, good flight, maybe less glide because of the lack of turn, got a couple short panning fades but not like it's friends. Very volt. Straight to fade I'm not pushing distance tonight but got a few almost aces on some shorty 250's. Haha.

Not sure why but I found it funny that you would get some throws in with a glow disc before dark.

Haha magic (half) hour after the sun sets. Time for a last round before night. The glow is easy to find under trees in the woods. Dayglo green and yellow also good. I play many twilight rounds.

The Glow Inertia flies just like my beat in FR Wrath. I compared PLH/wing height and they're almost identical. So, around 10/5/0/1. I'm sure they are more stable than the regular production Inertias though. I just haven't thrown one in some time.

Just ordered a lightweight Neutron Wrath to try out. Hoping it's a Goldilocks disc. Certainly has that potential from the numbers and the description (not official but I read it somewhere which means it must be rock solid fact) as a longer Crave.

Just ordered a lightweight Neutron Wrath to try out. Hoping it's a Goldilocks disc. Certainly has that potential from the numbers and the description (not official but I read it somewhere which means it must be rock solid fact) as a longer Crave.

My FR Wrath is absolutely a longer PP Crave. The new Craves are much less stable. I don't know if the new Wraths will be more or less stable. With MVP these days, who knows if their discs will match their flight numbers.

I am hopeful that they are the same as the FR's, so I did order a couple of new Wraths last week, but the USPS is still apparently deciding on if they want to deliver them, as they've just been bouncing around in the city they're shipping from for the last 3 days.

So would you all say the Hex/Reactor combo is pretty legit? I've been enjoying my Comet and some Rocs lately but it's been like 5 whole days since I ordered a disc and I could always use an excuse to do my best to stimulate the economy.

So would you all say the Hex/Reactor combo is pretty legit? I've been enjoying my Comet and some Rocs lately but it's been like 5 whole days since I ordered a disc and I could always use an excuse to do my best to stimulate the economy.

Absolutely. I would be inclined to go Eclipse on the Reactor to maximize the stability difference but even a CN Reactor and Hex can coexist successfully (they're nestled in my center pocket), and I've seen some of MVP's best swirly Neutron in Hexes for some reason. If you dig a bit, you can find a real looker.

It's a nice combo but you'll still want your Comet. Hex doesn't turn as easy or give you that slow Comet glide. I bag all three, really like the Hex for touchier FH stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.