• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Teebird is straight, straight, straight, straight, then a predictable fade at the end. By straight I don't mean it has any drift or turn to it, just forward pushing straighness. A Teebird takes a bee-line to its aim point then fades in during the last 20% of its flight. A broken-in Teebird develops slight drift, but it's so subtle that it looks as though the disc is pushing straighter for even longer, and then its fade kicks in at the end of its flight, but it's not as harsh.

I was a teebird and t3 guy for a long time, and more recently was throwing the L3, TL3, and FD2 as my fairway setup.

Like others said, teebird or t3 is pretty much straight to fade…doesn't show hardly any turn until fairly worn in, and at that point it's a gentle drift. I would compare the crave more to gently worn TL3. I was throwing upper 160's pearly champ TL3's and now throwing upper 160's CN and low 170's plasma craves. I was also throwing luster L3's in the low 170's and find the neutron relays in that same weight range very comparable.

Relay for me is a hyzerflip to straight with virtually no fade FH shot, crave is similar but will have a slight fade. I just picked up a 165 plasma servo, real excited to get some tosses in with it soon.

My 174 Neutron crave and 165 Neutron servo are tough for me to tell apart when thrown, this led me to trying a 165 resistor and a 174 servo (both in Neutron). Still have to put in the field work on those... If I ever break this plastic addiction the local store is going to miss me!

A Teebird is straight, straight, straight, straight, then a predictable fade at the end. By straight I don't mean it has any drift or turn to it, just forward pushing straighness. A Teebird takes a bee-line to its aim point then fades in during the last 20% of its flight. A broken-in Teebird develops slight drift, but it's so subtle that it looks as though the disc is pushing straighter for even longer, and then its fade kicks in at the end of its flight, but it's not as harsh.

Straight Straight Straight ... quick drop to left. A teebird has zero turn and in general they fade right at their finish - as stated above- last 20% of flight - or less. They fly like a faster, longer Envy. A good teebird is wind resistant but not over-stable. It's a pin-point disc vs. a distance disc. Great control driver / fairway driver. They also make great forehand rollers.

Craves have a lot of early movement. They have -2 turn which is why some folks can drive them far - I've had some 400' drives with a Crave - my problem with driving them is they usually finish way too far right. I have found one Proton with some beef to it. It's not a teebird but it's what I've got at the moment. It's not wind resistant and it still has that turn - but I can make it fly somewhat pin-point if I must.

Servo is also this way. They have slightly less turn. The Servos I've thrown are even less wind-resistant than the Craves. I think a Proton Servo might fix that - but ideally we'll see a teebird soon.

Last edited:
Well slipped on the plastic again... started off with 2 Chance Stad ts envy's (gotta support a Canuck) ..it meant box shipping... that got me thinking so I thought just one backup fission octane to round out the box... then there was the new releases which I almost missed so I added 2 prism plasma envy red rim and yellow plate... and a heavy white 180 se soft neutron uplink. $200 later I was happy that the shipping wasn't any extra...

...I think that was all I bought... haha.. Hmmm. :D I don't need another 4 envy's.. But.. How can I not try a prism? ..one to throw.. One backup on the wall.

Honestly I don't need more eclipse envy, the TS will both be wallpapers. I'm pretty busy with the two I'm working in specifically the "rainbow spin dye" .. be nice if they would release some light ones.

picture.php

Talked to Chance on the phone by chance, he called me because I left a weird message about trying to add from the box from the store that was helping him... good dude, asked him why he didn't get a TS fizz octane. He said "not enough people throw a speed 14" . Then he told me how much he loved them. Turns out he's played my place a couple times. Good fella with a good choice in plastic!

Last edited:
Father's Day bonus: it's been raining here in Atlanta steadily the past few days so still needing some field time, but had a discretionary $50 that translated to a Plasma Tesla, Plasma Motion, and Prism Pyro.

Nothing I need need at this point as I feel like my bag's options are wider than my arm's ability. But that's no reason not to experiment.

With the first, I'm looking for an incremental step between the Fission Tesla and Plasma Inertia. 157 or 158, I think.

With the Motion (161 or 162), I'm mostly looking for a feel option for that OS/utility slot. I have Flares and Wraths available (thought I had a Fireball but may have traded in) but nothing I love love.

The Pyro's (standard mid weight, maybe 177) pretty with a deep purple sparkle rim and will compete with (or maybe complement?) the Runway as an OS approach disc.

I did see a post somewhere recently complaining about earth tone Plasma plastic. I do agree that there's a lot more of that stuff in the world than is strictly necessary, but the good, bright, lovely stuff is out there. If you like the feel, you just have to shop a bit.

Can someone explain what a teebird is supposed to fly like?

I'm pretty sure my crave is what a teebird is supposed to be.

The Clash is the gyro disc that reminded me of a Teebird.

Clash = Teebird
Crave = FD
Relay = Leopard/Leopard 3
Servo = Eagle

... eventually. They seem to take a year to season :)

Still interested in Trance and now Glitch. Jet didn't make the bag for me, curious if it has for anyone else.

The Clash is the gyro disc that reminded me of a Teebird.

Clash = Teebird
Crave = FD
Relay = Leopard/Leopard 3
Servo = Eagle

... eventually. They seem to take a year to season :)

In my experience I think the Clash is much shorter than a Teebird, it's relatively glide less like the Wrath.

Also never thrown a servo as stable as an Eagle, IMO new version of Resistors are closest but not as far.

That FD2/eagle/TB slot is a glaring hole in the lineup. Terra with a narrower rim would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In my experience I think the Clash is much shorter than a Teebird, it's relatively glide less like the Wrath.

Also never thrown a servo as stable as an Eagle, IMO new version of Resistors are closest but not as far.

That FD2/eagle/TB slot is a glaring hole in the lineup. Terra with a narrower rim would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think disc golf must be the most subjective sport ever to discuss - everyone will put a different amount of power and spin on a disc and likely get a different result. And don't get started on plastic, weight, elevation and weather :)

The only Eagles I've thrown a lot of are DX and the Servo seemed just like those. I've thrown (and aced) with a Champ Eagle and that was a meat-hook - nothing like a Servo. The Resistor (new) is a good call.

Funny. I had to look up the Eagle's flight ratings. I'd assumed from watching the way Calvin throws that the Eagle was a 10ish speed control driver. The thought of hitting the same long lines with a Servo is mind-melting.

Funny. I had to look up the Eagle's flight ratings. I'd assumed from watching the way Calvin throws that the Eagle was a 10ish speed control driver. The thought of hitting the same long lines with a Servo is mind-melting.

Haha kind of the opposite here but I handed out a couple relays, people told their friends... more than a few folks here with Relays now.. I don't think they really understand flight numbers which don't matter.

Couple of em have told me it's their "furthest flying distance driver" . I'm happy :D I see no need to tell them it's a fairway, I just say "easiest distance ever, relays are amazing!"

Sorry if already posted,
zenith-pdga-announcement.jpg

Max Weight: 176.0gr
Diameter: 21.2cm
Height: 1.7cm
Rim Depth: 1.1cm
Rim Thickness: 2.2cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 16.8cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 5.2%
Rim Configuration: 27.00

Single Disc Round; Can the Envy do it all?
https://youtu.be/9rjjJmhTffQ

Thought some of you gyronauts might want to see the Envy only round I did today. It was pretty fun, also probably the most backhands I've thrown in this course lol.

Nice!!!! I enjoyed the heck out of it. A fine work of art for the ages!

Interesting choices with the 3 soft... I love those soft electrons. Not as big on my soft neutron, great one disc envy but with friends I'd bookend with a heavy neutron or plasma for the extra stability. Kinda didn't figure you for being such a "softy" :D

Last edited:
Nice!!!! I enjoyed the heck out of it. A fine work of art for the ages!

Interesting choices with the 3 soft... I love those soft electrons. Not as big on my soft neutron, great one disc envy but with friends I'd bookend with a heavy neutron or plasma for the extra stability. Kinda didn't figure you for being such a "softy" :D

Lol that's a fair assumption, the N Soft is the most OS that I have or else I would have brought along the Eclipse. Which is oddly soft as well… now that I think about it the only "firm" Envy I have at the moment is the electron glow.

Thanks for watching!

Something of a PSA here.. Very latest run of Resistors are nice and flat, throwback to before the domey/high shoulder nonsense from 2021 (think those are the 1st in-houe run?). I needed something hi-vis so I could spare my proton circuit on iffy courses, got a new 174 and out of the box it was slightly more OS than my proton.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Had a blast throwing them around my yard. So relieved they seem to have fixed this mold!!

So for you Resistor Fans:

Circuit Proton > Old Flat Neutron > New (latest) Flat Neutron >>>>>>>> 2021 Neutron

Last edited:
I think disc golf must be the most subjective sport ever to discuss - everyone will put a different amount of power and spin on a disc and likely get a different result. And don't get started on plastic, weight, elevation and weather :)

Yup. Weather and location are such important factors - it's like a ballpark in baseball. I'm not impressed if Aaron Judge hits 50 homers. He should - he plays in New York. If he hit 50 while playing half his games in Kauffman Stadium... well, that'd impress me.

Out here on the plains, we throw alot more Overstable / Stable discs to combat the regular 20-30 mph winds. I see videos of people Hyzer-flipping understable discs 500' and I just laugh. Nature smacks that crap out of the sky out here. :thmbup:

Finally got around to ordering a plasma servo, and after just a handful of throws it's exactly what I was looking for. Crave like flight with a bit more fade at the end. It did show a tiny amount of high speed turn on flat release forehand throws in the 320-330 range, more of a slight track to the left before the fade back to the right.

I felt like I could lean into it full power without it getting too squirrely. It's definitely not as beefy new as a fresh champion eagle x. Maybe a seasoned eagle x or probably most accurate a fresh champ eagle L. I've always thought fresh L's were fairly stable out of the box.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts