• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for something to compliment my Catalysts and Mayhems for headwinds/crosswinds. I'm throwing these 400'-420'. Is the Octane a step up from the Mayhem in stability? Or do I want a Nitro or Panic? I can't get a grip on the speed 14 rims.

Looking for something to compliment my Catalysts and Mayhems for headwinds/crosswinds. I'm throwing these 400'-420'. Is the Octane a step up from the Mayhem in stability? Or do I want a Nitro or Panic? I can't get a grip on the speed 14 rims.

you tried a destroyer or wraith

Nitro is pretty damn beefy for me but I intentionally picked out the flattest high PLH one they had because I was just planning on using it for flex FHs. Backhand, I cant throw it much farther than 250 but I dont have your arm anymore either(was maxing out at 350ish at the time I got it). With your distance, and with some headwind, it may be the one you're looking for...

Never threw an Octane so I cant speak to that one.

Nitro is pretty damn beefy for me but I intentionally picked out the flattest high PLH one they had because I was just planning on using it for flex FHs. Backhand, I cant throw it much farther than 250 but I dont have your arm anymore either(was maxing out at 350ish at the time I got it). At that distance, and with some headwind, it may be the one you're looking for...

Never threw an Octane so I cant speak to that one.

lolz

For me the Octane is super good here, actually bag either a more OS King or beat destroyer for This shot, but could easily do Octanes.

it would have to be an eclipse octane, otherwise Nitro which wont have the distance or glide.. unfortunately theres not a good disc from MVP for this role imo

i just got a Kong (aka Zeus) and its working perfectly

Is the Panic essentially the same as a Nitro? Sounds like I need to try to find a beefy Octane.

I couldn't find a heavyish Octane or any Panic locally. Checking out the Nitro it just doesn't look or feel like it's going to get distance. I ended up grabbing a metalflake proton Mayhem. It was really beefy in calm conditions and has the highest PLH in my stack, but I won't know until I get some wind to test it.
Uh

Well FWIW I have a Mayhem.. I can't throw as far but I played in Gale force winds a month or so ago and was pleasantly surprised by it's wind resistance, obviously beefier but along the same line as the inertia, in that it was fairly even to predict. Hope it works for ya.

So cosmic Envy's are being released today.. Only MSt has pics up if anyone wants a 177g one they've got it, couple 176s too. Why are all the colours camouflaged dark looking?

Well FWIW I have a Mayhem.. I can't throw as far but I played in Gale force winds a month or so ago and was pleasantly surprised by it's wind resistance, obviously beefier but along the same line as the inertia, in that it was fairly even to predict. Hope it works for ya.

So cosmic Envy's are being released today.. Only MSt has pics up if anyone wants a 177g one they've got it, couple 176s too. Why are all the colours camouflaged dark looking?

I don't throw envys, but I checked out what you were referring to. And yeah.....no thanks! There was one gray/red one that'd I'd use to putt with, but that's it. Too dark and camo looking to throw any distance. All the cosmic streamline stuff they had there looked really nice tho!

Streamline has surprised me the most for sure. Everything they've made is good and the Plastic is top notch while being the most affordable. I really am shocked but glad they decided to make single mold discs

So the next thing is.....Streamlines next disc. I am thinking it will be a Midrange - but honestly I think they should try a teebird clone. I think thats one area in MVP/AXIOM that is missing, a true 7/5/0/2 kinda disc. and No the Crave and Volt are not that.

So the next thing is.....Streamlines next disc. I am thinking it will be a Midrange - but honestly I think they should try a teebird clone. I think thats one area in MVP/AXIOM that is missing, a true 7/5/0/2 kinda disc. and No the Crave and Volt are not that.

volt is better and longer than a tb so why even bother cloning something that is obsolete :confused:

volt is better and longer than a tb so why even bother cloning something that is obsolete :confused:

...and a TeeBird and a Neutron Crave will land within a meter of one other. Its done done.

I was going to say the same thing...well close...between a Volt/Shock its covered

Last edited:
^ ^ ^
By that logic, Why make a Stabilizer, they have the Entropy. Why make the Pilot, theres a Proxy and Atom AND ENVY...covered.

Why make a Flare they have the Motion and Fireball.

Why? Because they dont have a 7/5/0/2 fairway. They also dont have a mid like a Buzzz....sure MAtrix is close, but its not a Buzzz flight exactly. What they do is give options in every category across all brands.. They could also use a Stable speed 12 like the destroyer....i love the octane but its not the same....not saying the octane isn't great or 'better' but just different. Also I carry a Teebird and also a volt sometimes because they absolutely fly differently. Volt is faster, has a hint of turn and a bit more sharp fade late. Sure a Shock and Volt are darn close. But what streamline is doing is making more options

so....to you 3 above I say:sick::confused::|:sick::sick::sick::gross:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts