• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely love my Runway. It's definitely a beefcake. Gets decent distance though. I find it really nice feeling both FH and BH. It was exactly the OS bookend to my matrix and axis (axis now replaced by Hex) that I was looking for.

Got out for a cheeky round today to throw the new discs. Snow fell last night so the Inertia stayed in the bag.

But yeah, I like what the Runway was giving me. My most overstable mids were my champ Roc3 and a Lucid Suspect, so nothing that really would try to dump hard. I think it's going to find a way into the bag. And I agree, it feels great in the hand.

I had a hard time loosening up so not sure how I feel about the uplink. Much of my throws on the day were not feeling great. May need to wait for a Chinook to come through.

I was a bit surprised by my new CN Volt. I was expecting it to fade similarly or harder than my Proton (sparkly orange) Volt, but I was finding it seemed to hold straighter for longer (both 175g). Didn't have both side by side for a proper comparison, but there were some trees I wasn't expecting to get around and it pushed past.

Anyone have info about when Eclipse 2.0 Crave, Hex and Envy will be available to buy?

Crave and Envy have been out of stock for a while around here in Plasma, Cosmic Neutron and Proton. Of course there shelves of James Conrad Envys. I assume next runs of Crave and Envy will include those plastics and not Eclipse even though its dark at 4:45 for me now.

Anyone have info about when Eclipse 2.0 Crave, Hex and Envy will be available to buy?

Crave and Envy have been out of stock for a while around here in Plasma, Cosmic Neutron and Proton. Of course there shelves of James Conrad Envys. I assume next runs of Crave and Envy will include those plastics and not Eclipse even though its dark at 4:45 for me now.

Oh. I would kill some of you for a glow Crave.

Email from OTB today and indicating the SE Waves are now outbound from MVP. Had a little left in the fund and placed a pre-order for a pair of Plasma Entropies.

Also found an online trade and will have a Proton Wave on the way. AND (busy day) someone found my lost Reactor at Suwanee Creek. Not too shabby.

Is that suwannee creek GA? I just played there today.

'Twas. Had what I thought was a really solid tee shot first of the week on 12 (I think? Whichever has the big ditch running right in front of the basket) and it simply never resurfaced.

Finally played Little Mulberry yesterday. I think I like Suwanee Creek better. LM's fairways are largely wide and manicured. SC is a little tighter and every shot seems to need a more specific intent. I like that. It doesn't necessarily like me, but that's ok: it's always interesting.

My group almost lost a disc on 12 and got lucky to find it. I do like suwanee, but also like mullberry because I get to throw higher speed discs there. What is your home course? Mine is Alexander

Oregon in West Cobb. I work off Sugarloaf though, and try to catch a round on office days (mostly remote). I can appreciate getting to stretch out at LM. Not familiar with Alexander though. I'll have to look that up.

MVP content: the Clash is a killer woods disc, speaking of Suwanee. Yes, the Crave is straighter, but the Clash covers a lot of those lone tree in the pure line situations where a little hard flex is in order to sneak past and keep it on track.

I work remote too and live off of sugarloaf. Alexander park is actually off of sugarloaf and scenic highway. We may have to get a round in being so close to each other!

MVP wise an envy and reactor combo is deadly at Suwanee!

'Twas. Had what I thought was a really solid tee shot first of the week on 12 (I think? Whichever has the big ditch running right in front of the basket) and it simply never resurfaced.

Finally played Little Mulberry yesterday. I think I like Suwanee Creek better. LM's fairways are largely wide and manicured. SC is a little tighter and every shot seems to need a more specific intent. I like that. It doesn't necessarily like me, but that's ok: it's always interesting.

You guys know Central is just down the street right? You don't have to torture yourself at Suwannee Creek.

I also play OP a good bit, especially the glow league. Wonder if we have played together before?

Well still can't claim a uplink ace yet, had 3 good runs! All about a foot high, real short course though haha. Seemed like a good time to air it out where I could. The course was so short though, kid short very heavily wooded! Like putter short but more like lid kinda stuff.

So here I am on a ridiculously short course, took 4 drivers I only used 3 times.. Had a couple envy's, a hex, uplink and paradox.

The tunnels and wide turns (20' + wide) I used the 176 uplink, ended up leaning on the 167 paradox more, had a couple flubs hit a good floaty downhill hyzer hook around for 8 skins.. At 100' :D ...I leaned on it a lot. Even a soft electron envy only gets so much movement at 80- 120' on a real life discpachinko course. :D

Last edited:
You guys know Central is just down the street right? You don't have to torture yourself at Suwannee Creek.

I also play OP a good bit, especially the glow league. Wonder if we have played together before?

I'm typically at Oregon early Saturday or Sunday morning. Haven't ever done league or tournament stuff, so maybe at the park but not in that that context.

Played Central once and don't remember much of the round. I think maybe it was more open than I was anticipating from photos.

That's the only hoarding/buying problem you have???? Reeeeeealllyyyy????? :p

Busted!!! Yeah I'm BSing there.

I bought a cyclone elite x orange old stamp, for $15 down from $25, with the promise of a orange scorpion. Made a friend, too cool to pass up. Like c'mon.

Haha ended up with a red scorpion factory stamp. Super happy, bought a white scorpion 186?g for the Ontario club stamp, might throw that for coolszys next summer.

Got discs hiddenin my van still in envelopes.. I'm not telling the rest.

Trade me one? Very badly want to try one, and they seem to be unobtanium here.

Only got 4 ones a thrower and ones a gift. Haha I only bought two on the auction page. Lots of people trying to cash in on a gyro box, so there's a couple of loose ones. Markets cooled a bit, $35 is going rate and I actually snagged a custom red kinda spin dye outer rim on a dayglo yellow. I also bought two gyro boxes discs were almost exactly the same.. :D haha ha ha f__k

Yeah I've got issues. But I'm not THAT bad...

New Cosmic Neutron Waves on eBay this morning. First choice color was already taken but I have a nice, bright pink inbound along with a lime green Proton trade. Once the SE Fission arrives, any remaining difficulties will be entirely my responsibility.

Separately, our kids' school is offering a disc sports elective next spring. Hoping to meet with the sponsoring teacher this next week and maybe pitch in on the course installation this month. We apparently have a retired professional dad as well, so looking forward to a new set of adventures there.

Local shop just got a bunch of Fission Waves. Everything from 150 class up to upper 160s. I've thrown Waves in every other plastic, but never Fission. How do the Fissions' stability compare to Neutron, Proton, Plasma, etc?

Local shop just got a bunch of Fission Waves. Everything from 150 class up to upper 160s. I've thrown Waves in every other plastic, but never Fission. How do the Fissions' stability compare to Neutron, Proton, Plasma, etc?

Event tried the new ones, ordered a 148?ish, 155 and 162?165? SE fission a while back, gifted the 155 to a buddy (my ideal weight) the 148 is a turn machine big anhyzers, the 162 is comparable to my 155 neutron.

So generally less stable with more stretched curves if that makes sense... but a top/upper weight fission should be more stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts