• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Envy is trying to convince me that non OS midranges are pointless again…

willy-wonka-strike-that.gif

Could one just go Envy to Pyro and then fairways…

Ha. I actually did pull all of my mids out for a while because I had a lot of distance overlap with the Envy.

I've snuck mids back in because I'm finally at the point where I do get enough distance separation that it makes sense.

It's kind of funny though because there are rounds that I won't even throw a mid but throw the Envy a lot and then I have rounds where I throw my mids and don't hardly touch the Envy. I guess it's really course and mood dependent.

I mean, I can. But at that distance they don't don't really fade anymore.

Hey you should bug streets, I sent him that ridiculous cosmic 167 cosmic volt.. Maybe you can hook him up with a flippy one if he didn't dump it yet haha. He gave up on the volt a nd went servo.. I feel ashamed. :( haha.

The only hole I have in the bag with a cosmic soft electron and a plasma envy is a turning mid/putter.. Especially shorter range other than that I don't see much advantage to bagging a mid. It's a luxury but damn that hex is fun but I hardly throw it enough. Crazy good FH disc for me or "backup/ heavy envy"

Last edited:

Careful, that line of thinking is what led me to abandon the Envy for a while. It's the perfect "one disc round" disc, which does make a lot of other discs less useful. I couldn't fathom pulling out three midranges and a putter for it, so I went the opposite direction and stopped using the Envy. Big mistake. Now I carry a pretty standard 20-disc lineup again, but my Emac Truth cycle and non-Envy throwing putters don't get nearly as much use with the Envy also in the bag.

Careful, that line of thinking is what led me to abandon the Envy for a while. It's the perfect "one disc round" disc, which does make a lot of other discs less useful. I couldn't fathom pulling out three midranges and a putter for it, so I went the opposite direction and stopped using the Envy. Big mistake. Now I carry a pretty standard 20-disc lineup again, but my Emac Truth cycle and non-Envy throwing putters don't get nearly as much use with the Envy also in the bag.

I've done that before. I bagged them in like 2016-18 didn't for over a year and brought them back in late 2020.

Servo and Resistor on the way...so I'm thinking of this as a disced down gyrosac:

Resistor
Servo
Relay
Hex
Nomad

w/ an Axiom Oreo Mini

The current resistor run is not too far away from a servo. But they are both still great discs. I actually like the mellow resistors, they are gyro eagles for me. I go resistor-crave (and a seasoned relay) to have a little more separation on the LSS.

I'm still gathering data on the Uplink. I do think it is pretty HS-US. I will say that there is WORLD of difference between a max weight Hex and a 170 gm Hex. If I wanted a hyzer flip Hex, I'd look for no heavier than 171, and a soft (flexible) flight plate. Good luck.

Thanks for the info. I guess I should add that my Hex is quite flat maybe because it's been dyed? I honestly don't know how much it weighs but if I see a light one I might pick it up. I'm hoping a max weight Uplink is close enough to what I'm looking for. :thmbup:

Some days I feel like that and some days I just feel like throwing the mids with less effort. I just carry both in a "better to have and not need than need and not have" modus operandi.

The current resistor run is not too far away from a servo. But they are both still great discs. I actually like the mellow resistors, they are gyro eagles for me. I go resistor-crave (and a seasoned relay) to have a little more separation on the LSS.

I can live with that...a fresh Eagle flight is all I need out of an OS driver.

I Finally got ahold of some cheap neutron ohms. Feels a little shallower than the pilot which is exactly what I was hoping for. To me it flies similarly to an electron envy, which is what I wanted.

I Finally got ahold of some cheap neutron ohms. Feels a little shallower than the pilot which is exactly what I was hoping for. To me it flies similarly to an electron envy, which is what I wanted.

Where? I've been looking for a backup for several months. Checked the usual online outlets again this morning with no success.

Unfortunately not from a retailer. MVP B/S/T group for $14 from a guy who was local so saved on shipping. A good condition used one from two local guys that sell out of their car for $9. One from the reddit marketplace for $20 which included shipping.

Crazy because I have been trying to find one for about two months for a reasonable price and got all three of these on the same week.

Status
Not open for further replies.