• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if already posted,
zenith-pdga-announcement.jpg

Max Weight: 176.0gr
Diameter: 21.2cm
Height: 1.7cm
Rim Depth: 1.1cm
Rim Thickness: 2.2cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 16.8cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 5.2%
Rim Configuration: 27.00

Is there any intel on this disc? Is the Zenith the long-awaited gap filler between the Photon and Wave?

MVP wave
Specifications
Max Weight: 175.1gr
Diameter: 21.1cm
Height: 1.4cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 16.6cm
Rim Configuration: 29.25
Flexibility: 11.00kg

MVP Zenith
Max Weight: 176.0gr
Diameter: 21.2cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 16.8cm
Rim Configuration: 27.00

MVP Photon Specifications
Height: 1.4cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 16.6cm
Rim Configuration: 26.75
Flexibility: 11.57kg

MVP Octane
Rim Depth: 1.2cm
Rim Thickness: 2.4cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 16.3cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 5.7%
Rim Configuration: 27.25
Flexibility: 11.87kg

Kinda looks like the Zenith might be might be a speed 12 tweener.. I feel like it might be more on the stable side with the dome and slightly thicker rim.

Last edited:
I found this used Crave last week no ink in some deep thorns. Guess the guy who lost it didn't want to bother that much. But anyways this thing is very flippy. Thrown on a hyzer it will flip over and still turn. Basically like a beat in Star RR. I would say -5/1.

I found this used Crave last week no ink in some deep thorns. Guess the guy who lost it didn't want to bother that much. But anyways this thing is very flippy. Thrown on a hyzer it will flip over and still turn. Basically like a beat in Star RR. I would say -5/1.

I have a red one from the funny run that's like that. Not in the bag currently though it should be: it's a genius level escape disc.

That's how the first run eclipse flew for me - maybe not -5 but they were -3 or -4. I could throw them a long way but they always finished in the rough. Spent way too much time digging through tall grass and honeysuckle for them.

Anyone else thrown the new prism envy? Wow! Nice broken in feel, I turned it, I mean turtled ok well both... I threw a FH I expected a lot more resistance from a fresh 173 envy, haha. After spending two days looking I decided it may need "special" treatment.

Got a few rounds in over the last week after I found it, it is my first full weight plasma usually I throw my 167 PP's so...

It is very straight, very "broken in" off the shelf. The usual a year or two better in a glacial aging process.. I tested it a few times down my big hill, it got as much stretch as something I've spent time on, an extended forward push to a slightly milder hyzer finish. I'm not saying electron straight but decent. Kind of the missing link between a firm electron and a premo.

If it could give some of my semi worn 167's a run for the money driving and putt like my 172 neutron it will cause me some serious bag issues. Haha.

Thoughts from the weekend:

Really digging the Plasma Inertia and Fission Tesla.

Bad situational golf with the first, but learned that the Inertia has a *monster* turnover available. Was attempting the left gap on five at East Roswell and probably ended up 70 or 80 long and right of the basket. Again, not the outcome you want in the round, but really pleasantly surprised to see it hold and glide like that.

Best shot of the day for me FH with the Tesla on the tee of 18. Still comfortably short, but the shape and pace were as strong as I've had with the forehand this year. Also had a strong player two shot with the same on 17.

Hokom Crave throughout Oregon Park Saturday morning. So workable with wing angle and just plain good.

Didn't score particularly well either day, but I can see steady progress. More to the point, it's always good to be on the course with good folks. Now enjoying semi-local guy Isaac and the dulcet tones of Ian and Philo on the final round.

I didn't spend a lot of time looking up stuff on this, but it's been a while since I've played last 3-4 years. My go to understable mid range was the Theory. I noticed it's bagged by a lot of pros on MVPs site, but I can't seem to find it in stores. Is it just a plastic shortage thing? Or is it an OOP disc now?

Pretty sure it OOP. I still have two thankfully. Would be about as tough of a disc to replace for me as anything.

This makes me so sad. I only have one and I guess I must of lost my good broken in one. I'm guessing I'll just need to find a disc to replace it :(

Anyone here throwing Plasma Waves? I have Cosmic Neutron and Fission in the bag at the moment but now have the 11s flanked with Plasma at the 9 and 13 speeds. Love the feel and might take a shot if they're likely to be at least as stable as the Fission (preferably closer to the midpoint between the F and CN but that's starting to sound needy).

Anyone here throwing Plasma Waves? I have Cosmic Neutron and Fission in the bag at the moment but now have the 11s flanked with Plasma at the 9 and 13 speeds. Love the feel and might take a shot if they're likely to be at least as stable as the Fission (preferably closer to the midpoint between the F and CN but that's starting to sound needy).

Hmmm I think plasma is what you are looking for.. Before fission the plasma was the least stable wave.

Midpoint is probably a neutron wave, but if you love plasma plastic and you don't mind your fission wave get one. Waves are: fizz, plaz, N, CN from least to most stable. Based on information from previous years, last one I bought was a 1st run fission wave SE.

I didn't spend a lot of time looking up stuff on this, but it's been a while since I've played last 3-4 years. My go to understable mid range was the Theory. I noticed it's bagged by a lot of pros on MVPs site, but I can't seem to find it in stores. Is it just a plastic shortage thing? Or is it an OOP disc now?

I have one Theory that I bag - almost lost last week. I searched long and hard because it's OOP, like the similar Alias.

Another alternative is the TUI. They fly similarly straight and long - although the Tui is a bit more US for me.

Field work this evening and chewing on what I might package for trade in the next time I'm out toward Dog Gone. It won't be the CN Wave. Flipped it around to the FH on a lark and promptly bombed a clean, straight 300. The first one's always great by accident. It needs the tiniest bit of flip up to be right, but it's doing what I thought the Defy would. Always fun to find a new role for an existing piece.

Separately, really working on keeping that motion conveyer belt slow and letting the snap do the work. Certainly not max power, but I'm also not cussing and muttering at my elbow as I type.

Anyone else thrown the new prism envy? Wow! Nice broken in feel, I turned it, I mean turtled ok well both... I threw a FH I expected a lot more resistance from a fresh 173 envy, haha. After spending two days looking I decided it may need "special" treatment.

I was really disappointed in it. Not because of the disc, it flies exactly like you describe and will be a great replacement for my most beat in Envy when I finally get my 3rd ace with it and hang it on the wall. For some reason I had my hopes really high that it would fly like the first run Proton Envy and have a little extra hint of overstability. I'm down to one OG Proton and will be mildly screwed if I lose it.

I throw plasma, cosmic neutron and fission waves. All mid 160's. For reference, I get them out about 350' on average.

Cosmic neutron-most os

Plasma- similar turn to my fissions, but I feel like they fade a bit more too. If I flip it a bit too far, it will come back a little, unlike the fissions. Not a huge difference from the fizz tho

Fission-least stable, although not hugely less than the plasmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts