• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offense to people that throw Signals and love em but it's a turd if you have reasonable armspeed or some wind. I could see the rhythm being more popular

When I went looking for a roadrunner replacement the best thing I've found is a plasma 155 insanity. Really depends which roadrunner you love.

I have had one good throw with my signal that did what I expected it to do. Mostly I have had mediocre results... Not sure why it is so finicky but it is out of the bag at this point.

I'm with you here. I really wanted to like to Signal, but I had a problem being consistent with it.

I do like the Ascend better than the Signal. I am anxious to get my hands on the Rhythm.

Sounds familiar. I'm bagging the Signal, but I only throw it when warming up. Ascend arrived today and will go flying tomorrow. I saw a review somewhere indicating that it might be a bit more stable than numbers indicate, and I'm hoping that will be the case. Not a fan of the Uplink yet, I find the Piwakawaka to be more useful, and I'll be testing out a new Kastaplast Svea for some understable lines too.

For people wanting to try a Rhythm....was a MVP Circuit Challenge held near you? If so, and a shop sponsored it, you might find discs there. I know our local disc store sponsored the MVP Circuit Challenge and has a supply of the discs (or did the last time I was in).

https://www.spinnersonthegreen.com/

I'm not seeing them listed the webpage, but I did see them in the store. So you could email them to check availability. It is in Arizona...

I should have done a bit more checking....this is from MVP's page on the Circuit Challenge:

Circuit Events Player's Packs are not allowed to be presold online prior to an event.

Since the Circuit Challenge is still going on (even though it's over in Arizona), they can't be sold online which explains why Spinners isn't showing them on their website.

And the Circuit Challenge goes on to September 25th.

Last edited:
No offense to people that throw Signals and love em but it's a turd if you have reasonable armspeed or some wind. I could see the rhythm being more popular

When I went looking for a roadrunner replacement the best thing I've found is a plasma 155 insanity. Really depends which roadrunner you love.

I've read so much about how finnicky the Signal is, and I think I must have the least understable one out there by how everyones' posts read. Neutron plastic 167ish grams? Don't have it in front of me as it's lost in luggage somewhere in Toronto currently. Most discs I buy I can have a semblance of agreement even when my experience diverges but haven't found any common ground here with this disc.

I've read so much about how finnicky the Signal is, and I think I must have the least understable one out there by how everyones' posts read. Neutron plastic 167ish grams? Don't have it in front of me as it's lost in luggage somewhere in Toronto currently. Most discs I buy I can have a semblance of agreement even when my experience diverges but haven't found any common ground here with this disc.

Hey man if it's working for you great!! I've had a few relays I've been beating since release day, some cosmic super stables and a few in between... signal just wasn't for me. Maybe it's a sign it's lost in luggage.. Haha it's probably in Mooseamin

Sounds familiar. I'm bagging the Signal, but I only throw it when warming up. Ascend arrived today and will go flying tomorrow. I saw a review somewhere indicating that it might be a bit more stable than numbers indicate, and I'm hoping that will be the case. Not a fan of the Uplink yet, I find the Piwakawaka to be more useful, and I'll be testing out a new Kastaplast Svea for some understable lines too.

I like my glow svea when it's dark out, it has a propensity to fly straight. It works some angles but feels very MVP gyro when trying to force some turn. It just doesn't have the action on angles for me, little hyzer or little anhyzer it still wants to go straight. More of a heavy 180g uplink fan myself.

I'm in agreement with Throwaenvy on this. If it works for you, by all means throw it.

I don't think it's a bad disc, it is a well built MVP after all, I just didn't click with it.

I throw only RHBH and lower power, so I rely heavily on a slow driver with a smooth, predictable turn over line. With the Signal I was just not able to dial it as precisely as I needed.

I should have done a bit more checking....this is from MVP's page on the Circuit Challenge:

Circuit Events Player's Packs are not allowed to be presold online prior to an event.

Since the Circuit Challenge is still going on (even though it's over in Arizona), they can't be sold online which explains why Spinners isn't showing them on their website.

And the Circuit Challenge goes on to September 25th.

I am looking forward to Sept 25th then! Until then, the Ascend is doing nicely.

Can anyone compare a Z Buzzz SS to a Hex, both max wt?

I have minimal experience with the Hex (wife has one) but it reminded me more of a Buzzz than a Buzzz SS. It flew so much like my favorite ESP Buzzz that I wasn't tempted to play with the Hex much.

To me the Hex flies like a faster Z Buzzz, stability being almost exactly the same.

How is the Rhythm? Very curious to hear about it. The Signal is a little unpredictable for me, and I haven't gelled with the Ascend. I have a pair of Underworld's that cover my flip up to right finishing RHBH shots at the moment.

I played the circuit challenge and parked a 426' hole with the Rhythm (legit tap in). It was the very first time throwing it after a couple tugs in the field beforehand. It's usable on a full send, at least up in Denver.

Legit disc. It has solid distance for a fairway, like an Escape or Crave or Essence. More glidely than a Teebird imo, but totes diff role in the bag. Excellent slow-speed and high-speed aspects.

I'm not bagging it, but that's probably just because it's new and ... you know... "I'm good." (already comfy with my solutions to disc golfing problems)

edit: also nice on FH. Yeah, it's on the US side of things, but the very blue-collar version of US.

That's weird, I've been field testing a Buzzz SS (Z Flx and ESP), an M4 (2018 400G), against my Hex just the past two days.

The Hex is slightly more overstable than the others. Turns a little, fades a little more.
The M4 is a revelation - goes a mile dead straight and just sits down with a little fade. Almost like a long, long Berg.
The Buzzz SS's turn a bit, comes back, and finish slightly right (RHBH).

I really like them all, but really only need one. I may boot the Hex for the M4.

I know you were asking about a Z Buzzz SS, but … I guess it's data!

The Hex flies super straight with minimal turn and then a nice small fade at the end. I had a cryZtal ledgestone 2022 Buzzz from earlier this year and played a round with just the hex and buzzz. They flew almost identical but the Hex usually was 20-30 feet longer.

So the Buzzz SS is going to perform a bit less stable than the Hex.

The Hex is slightly more overstable than the others. Turns a little, fades a little more.
The M4 is a revelation - goes a mile dead straight and just sits down with a little fade. Almost like a long, long Berg.

I may boot the Hex for the M4.

This makes me laugh because I had a moment late last year where I was looking at the buzzz/M4/Hex. I ultimately went Hex because the M4 was too straight and a little wind seemed to make it a little finicky. But it was a super smooth disc and surprisingly it came down to the Hex vs. the M4 for me as well.

Last edited:
I tried a max weight Cosmic Neutron Volt today and like all other MVP molds it sits very well in my hand. It was a bit more overstable than what I wanted in this slot though, especially when it comes to HSS as I would've like a bit more wiggle. Would go down in weight and changing to regular Neutron make any noticeable difference? I'd prefer to not go lighter than 166-167g tops though.

I tried a max weight Cosmic Neutron Volt today and like all other MVP molds it sits very well in my hand. It was a bit more overstable than what I wanted in this slot though, especially when it comes to HSS as I would've like a bit more wiggle. Would go down in weight and changing to regular Neutron make any noticeable difference? I'd prefer to not go lighter than 166-167g tops though.

Probably, CN tends to be the most overstable plastic in the drivers. I have a fizz 164 volt that is magic. 171 Neutron is a very good weight/plastic for the volt.

Was gifted a Neutron Photon tonight, I haven't thrown one in a long time and I'm very interested to see how it does.

Super flat and has some flashing(I don't mind flashing) so it seems like it may be on the more OS side of the photon spectrum.

Was gifted a Neutron Photon tonight, I haven't thrown one in a long time and I'm very interested to see how it does.

Super flat and has some flashing(I don't mind flashing) so it seems like it may be on the more OS side of the photon spectrum.

Flat photons are the best! Deal with the flashing gently... throw the hell out of it... throw me a rocket!

Don't bring me down.....owwwn.... ....... Moose!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts