• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

I'm glad the Anode is making a comeback with Simon bagging it. It was/is a good putter. When there was only 2 putters that was my choice lasted for about 3yrs.

Of course with the pixel now..haha at least a few more people may have and will try it.

I always kind of felt like their first molds were theoretically the ideal or most symmetrical disc shapes "On Paper", or computer more likely haha. Like they should be awesome, the math is dead on kinda discs, they are missing some glide but flew true.

Well disc at my place, dubs, first solid 18 holes in a while. Didn't feel it.

Yanked the 158 fizz rhythm on a grip lock, went anhyzer probably 300' on 7, didn't hit a f can thing. New personal distance and worst shot best 👌. ... well, on that hole.

Got the 180g soft uplink to hold anhyzer when I didn't want it. 0 for 3.

Snagged 2 ctps with the Watt and a squeeked out 2nd place. 3 strokes outta 1st. Got paid!

Watt was the star of the round, amazing perfect weight approaches in the close enough general vicinity. The steep downhill are no problem for it. The straights I didn't quite hit were forgivingly puttable.

160 se flat rhythm was a flick machine, 2 for 2 and my partner was "Flickmaster Jay" he throws my old 165 star beast FH for everything, putts BH occasionally well too haha. Good times. It's amazing what he can do with a FH putt. Dude is one disc deadly. I think he had a bag but didn't throw anything else.

Putted the envy but went Watt for all the approach.

On an occasion I take my 10-year-old grandson to play, the bag I gave him three years ago has some of my first Innova disc. We're playing on Monday and had been thinking about letting him throw some of my putters, having seen his form improve. Today I take him to the park a few blocks away where I throw putters only. Took my beloved Plasma Tangent, and Eclipse Proxy. He pitches in baseball, good shooter in basketball, and my son tells me he throws a tight spiral with a football and likely to start playing next year.

We go to the park, and I explain the difference between what he's been throwing, and my disc IMO far better quality, better gripping. He can throw a Shark about 75-feet, his favorite Starlite Roadrunner about 180-feet. I throw both first, up and back. He throws the Proxy first on a three step down the middle about 130 feet whoa! and then the Tangent just short of 150 feet, both nice glide for him, I was stunned, he's excited. Ask him how it felt, "awesome, easier to throw". Then he looks at me "Papa, were you going to give me these" :oops:. Gently explained to him the Tangent is a favorite of mine and hard to find, but he can throw it with me on the course. I know I can get him a Proxy, there was one at the PIAS earlier in the week or just order one. On Monday he can throw out of my bag and see what works for him. I'm thinking maybe a Lizotte Hex because of the eclipse, and I have an Eclipse Envy. See if he can throw my Plasma Crave, Neutron Rhythm 163 more flippy than the SE, if those go well Plasma Insanity, or we may have to stick to the putters. Last year there was a junior clinic in my area, I had planned on taking him this year, but the Clinic didn't happen.

@lee76007

I think if the proxy works try that, see how he likes the hex but the glow weights are beefy. An uplink might work (shallow and flippy tangent like but tricky).

Rhythms Hell Yeah!

The shallow rim of the tangent is probably a hand size preference, something like a watt for Xmas might work. It's the closest twin I've seen. The Ohm is a close second and possibly proxys.

Real cool that he clicked with gyro right away. The Tangent isn't very glidey so 150' is killer.

I don't think he'll have the jam for an Envy, maybe a soft 165 electron..

Either way, awesome sounds like fun!!!

2nd thoughts, pull anything you are super attached to like the tangent, load your bag, play and let him take what he wants out of it. Either way it's one of pops discs.

The best ones are the hardest to give up haha. I still remember the bar stamp spidey buzzz I gave to a kid... Bar stamp!!!!.. and Spiderman

@lee76007

I think if the proxy works try that, see how he likes the hex but the glow weights are beefy. An uplink might work (shallow and flippy tangent like but tricky).

Rhythms Hell Yeah!

The shallow rim of the tangent is probably a hand size preference, something like a watt for Xmas might work. It's the closest twin I've seen. The Ohm is a close second and possibly proxys.

Real cool that he clicked with gyro right away. The Tangent isn't very glidey so 150' is killer.

I don't think he'll have the jam for an Envy, maybe a soft 165 electron..

Either way, awesome sounds like fun!!!
Thank you for the input. Yes, good idea and let him pull what he wants out of the bag. See what works out for him. As with the other sports he has good eye and hand coordination, picks up on things quickly, and his form looks good. The three step because I was doing it this year. In a few years he'll surpass me, and will do far better than I've ever done throwing a disc.

PIAS has at least two dozen gyro putters including a few I hadn't seen before, and just about all plastics. Shouldn't be a problem finding a comfortable grip for him, he's going to want an Eclipse Proxy after today's performance. I didn't like the Neutron Glitch because of grip, but that Eclipse Blue Rim R2 Glitch feels good in the hand, right now I have too many putters, and other bag priorities, likely sometime later for that Eclipse Glitch.

The Anode is funny to me. I liked the grip of the Electron Anode when I had it back in the spring, but to floatie for our high wind play we get here during half of the year. I picked up that Plasma Anode along with the Tangent, difficult grip on the Anode, a few months after having it, I'm just now able to keep it from rolling on a three step, but always a beautiful glide for me on a Standstill. It will be a while longer before I bring it to the course, in the meantime continue to use it for my practice basket. PIAS also has a Neutron Anode, same deal a difficult grip compared to the comfort of the Electron Anode. I guess it's just one of those things for my comfort level.

Exactly one rep yesterday, but the Streamline Drift has a perfect birdie conversion rate. Played JP Moseley for the first time yesterday and really enjoyed it. Nothing stunning or striking about the course, but it's spacious, pleasantly wooded and well thought out. I have two more to get all the Atlanta area courses in Disc Golf Scene's Georgia top ten, but I might be going back here for another encounter first. The Vanish did admirable work on the 4s and 5s staying neutral and chewing up distance.

The drift looks good on paper.. be curious how it goes. I was keeping an eye out for an eclipse one, but I still got the crave 1.0

So I saw a post this morning on another page where someone got a rhythm in their space race pack and behind the weight there was an S. That would be really exciting if they are making a soft Neutron driver. I would be interested to see how that will change the Dynamics of the flight, I imagine it'll be a bit like the envy where it's got a little more control on the front end and a little more fade on the back.

I have had a few turnovers with the light Fission, total lack of fade. Great distance though haha. I found a new part of the bush.

Just got a delivery today! I've been wanting a glow disc in a mold that I frequently throw. I play in an afternoon league that normally is finishing when it gets dark. I got a gift certificate from one of my daughters as a birthday gift and ..... now I have an Eclipse Reactor, along with a Fission Photon (153 grams). I'm looking forward to having the Eclipse Reactor when it gets dark during league. And I almost want to play hooky from work so I can try out the Photon....I've never thrown one, but I recall hearing good things about it on here, so I figured I'd give it a try.

I got a Photon coming in the mail today! My 148-149g Fission Waves have become a bit too under stable, so I ordered a 150g Fission Photon and a 158g Cosmic Neutron Wave. Hoping one or both gets me back the decently long, straight throw with a predictable fade at the end that my Waves gave me when they were new and I was throwing a bit slower.

Playing some glow disc... envy, uplink, inertia. Nice when you can see em from a ways off. Having a good time clicking with these beefy glow inertia.. my brother came over for a round I told him to pick whatever out of the yard box.. he proceeded to pretty much thumber it every hole he could haha. Beat the new off in 18 holes flat. I shoulda traded glow insanities for proto inertia, those insanity are nuts stable. Inertias a damn fine driver but I'm soft on e. they were the first high speed 155g made so I really spent time with them, in fact they probably get a lot of credit for my love of light plastic. Wicked straight or any angle.

The proto proton envy glows were nice if you found the soft ones, the grinch is still outstanding, like I've got three years on it but it's new.

2023-11-1318.29.021276905425040054188.jpg

Last edited:
Playing some glow disc... envy, uplink, inertia. Nice when you can see em from a ways off. Having a good time clicking with these beefy glow inertia.. my brother came over for a round I told him to pick whatever out of the yard box.. he proceeded to pretty much thumber it every hole he could haha. Beat the new off in 18 holes flat. I shoulda traded glow insanities for proto inertia, those insanity are nuts stable. Inertias a damn fine driver but I'm soft on e. they were the first high speed 155g made so I really spent time with them, in fact they probably get a lot of credit for my love of light plastic. Wicked straight or any angle.

The proto proton envy glows were nice if you found the soft ones, the grinch is still outstanding, like I've got three years on it but it's new.

View attachment 327323
To answer the Grinch, yes, yes I am...I have a full Grinch suit and have jokingly said I'd play a whole round in it, and that would be the perfect disc...now I have a dye idea.

To answer the Grinch, yes, yes I am...I have a full Grinch suit and have jokingly said I'd play a whole round in it, and that would be the perfect disc...now I have a dye idea.
How have you not done that already? I won a glow tournament dressed up in a Totoro onesie. I can attest to the warmth and comfort of doing so!

The drift looks good on paper.. be curious how it goes. I was keeping an eye out for an eclipse one, but I still got the crave 1.0

I used to love drifts but was waiting for the gyro version to appear, so when the rhythm came out I made the jump. Now, that said, a Neutron Rhythm does not fly like a Drift or, even, a rhythm should (IMO). I can throw Rhythms out to ~340, to qualify my next statement. When throwing Neutron Rhythm's they seemed to be more like 7 4 0 1. So I traded my rhythm back to the store and got another drift in proton. (Proton drift was more stable than Neutron).

But then MVP released fission rhythms and those had a really nice dome to them. So I decided to pick one up and bam...there it was, right on the mark: 7 5 -2 1. So for my speed 7 stuff it's eagle's and fizzy rhythms for me.

I used to love drifts but was waiting for the gyro version to appear, so when the rhythm came out I made the jump. Now, that said, a Neutron Rhythm does not fly like a Drift or, even, a rhythm should (IMO). I can throw Rhythms out to ~340, to qualify my next statement. When throwing Neutron Rhythm's they seemed to be more like 7 4 0 1. So I traded my rhythm back to the store and got another drift in proton. (Proton drift was more stable than Neutron).

But then MVP released fission rhythms and those had a really nice dome to them. So I decided to pick one up and bam...there it was, right on the mark: 7 5 -2 1. So for my speed 7 stuff it's eagle's and fizzy rhythms for me.
I threw a buddy's Rhythm, really liked it, so I got one. Limited use so far, but I like it. I will say mine, brand new Neutron, is way more stable than the numbers. I am hoping it will beat in slightly less stable, but if not, this is still a useful disc for me as long as the flight stays consistent so I know what it will do. Mine flies like 7-4-0-1, but his, slightly used, flew more like 7 5 -2 1. We have 2-3 Insanities between us, and they are meat hooks - no where close to the flight numbers!

Last edited:
I threw a buddy's Rhythm, really liked it, so I got one. Limited use so far, but I like it. I will say mine, brand new Neutron, is way more stable than the numbers. I am hoping it will beat in slightly less stable, but if not, this is still a useful disc for me as long as the flight stays consistent so I know what it will do. Mine flies like 7-4-0-1, but his, slightly used, flew more like 7 5 -2 1. We have 2-3 Insanities between us, and they are meat hooks - no where close to the flight numbers!
It's reassuring that I'm not the only one that found the Insanity to fly way more stable than the numbers. It was the first faster driver suggested to me post-transition, as something I could probably hyzer flip - and I couldn't get it to to anything but fade...

I've only thrown 2 Insanities and they are way different animals.
1- Prism Proton - Nicely understable. Can get a little flippy if really crank on it.
2- Halloween Glow - BEEF! I don't even know what else to say, it's like it wasn't even the same mold.

Last edited:

What plastic are those insanity's? Arm speed (in my experience) becomes a larger factor above speed 7. The only insanity i have had that wasn't at least a little flippy out of the box was the 2021 eclipse.

It's reassuring that I'm not the only one that found the Insanity to fly way more stable than the numbers. It was the first faster driver suggested to me post-transition, as something I could probably hyzer flip - and I couldn't get it to to anything but fade...
what plastic? what distance are you throwing? A new (non-eclipse) would probably flip a bit but not sure I would hyzer flip it right away.
I've only thrown 2 Insanities and they are way different animals.
1- Prism Proton - Nicely understable. Can get a little flippy if really crank on it.
2- Halloween Glow - BEEF! I don't even know what else to say, it wasn't even the same mold.
This. Love proton.

What plastic are those insanity's? Arm speed (in my experience) becomes a larger factor above speed 7. The only insanity i have had that wasn't at least a little flippy out of the box was the 2021 eclipse.

what plastic? what distance are you throwing? A new (non-eclipse) would probably flip a bit but not sure I would hyzer flip it right away.

This. Love proton.
Mine was Proton, and at the time I was working through the 320 foot range. That said, that's 320 feet with form that pre-transition got me my longest shot (Google maps measures it 477 from tee pad to the edge of the creek I went in) - I just hadn't gotten much strength training in yet, and was suffering from bad timing.

I still struggle with arm speed post-transition. My old, beat in Surge SS (the disc that went in that creek) only does a baby turn for me still, and I've gotten a couple Scorches out to 375 (reliably, on a full flight path at max weight) and 400 (with a super light one, on the kind of distance shot they use for long drive competitions - a giant sky anny that faded out, in a tail wind).

It's sort of why I'm pivoting to Constructs. Speed 10 seems to be the sweet spot for me, at the moment...