• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

What plastic are those insanity's? Arm speed (in my experience) becomes a larger factor above speed 7. The only insanity i have had that wasn't at least a little flippy out of the box was the 2021 eclipse.

what plastic? what distance are you throwing? A new (non-eclipse) would probably flip a bit but not sure I would hyzer flip it right away.

This. Love proton.
My beefy Insanity is 168g Neutron. My arm speed is in the 7-9 range, but it is a meat hook for my buddy too, and he has 9 arm speed for sure. Not sure what plastic his is/are.

It's been a while, but I've only ever thrown one Insanity, back when I was reliably getting maybe 310-340'. It was a Cosmic Neutron lab 2nd and I never saw a hint of turn from it, beefier than my teebirds and almost as beefy as my fairly beefy Thunderbird.

It's been a while, but I've only ever thrown one Insanity, back when I was reliably getting maybe 310-340'. It was a Cosmic Neutron lab 2nd and I never saw a hint of turn from it, beefier than my teebirds and almost as beefy as my fairly beefy Thunderbird.
Cosmic neutron is freaky overstable. I had a Relay that I couldn't flip back then, either - which should've been the flippy companion to my Crave...

I like rhythms... I mean I love rhythms. ❤️ so many rhythms haha. 2 squadrons worth.

I never really clicked with the insanity, tried a plasma pfn for years, it finally developed turn but then I lost it. Good straight to fade flyer. It was hard to sell me on em, I have "broken in inertia" and the insanity isn't it. Chance shot me a 155 fission with his team stamp on it... I've been meaning to throw it.. haha. What if I really like it?
Rhythm Fire Sale!

I ran the 155 cosmic insanity with the absorb81 stamp for a while as max distance stable. Specifically for a hole where it's all uphill, steep and I need turn and hard fade, total eagle country. I might do that again, I snapped up a few L2 backups. I hate not having a backup. Even if it is on the wall/shelf.

The inertia is superior, it will take a choppy anhyzer better without rolling. Really liking my blue eclipse right now, lots of night rounds. Still beefy but not eclipse insanity beefy.

I'm still filling a lot with rhythms as my main driver, but I'm not driving much. Using a 153g fission right now 😄 pairing it with a flat top 160 se. Two different flights, same mold.

Any love for the tempo out there?

Mines on the shelf beside the stego, looking forward to throwing it more and doing some wind testing I was really liking it, I just don't have the oomph right now. I've had to abstain from buying more when they come up haha.

Mines on the shelf beside the stego, looking forward to throwing it more and doing some wind testing I was really liking it, I just don't have the oomph right now. I've had to abstain from buying more when they come up haha.
How can anyone get love for the Tempo when it isn't on the retailer's shelves yet? I really wanted to try one and was hoping there would be a Circuit Challenge in my area....but, none happened in Arizona. It's like the Pixel....I've heard good things about it from Simon's videos that make me think it might fill a need for me....but the way things are going....it might be a year before it is seen on the shelves.

I've had a Plasma Insanity 170g about, for 17 months now. LHBH left center down fairway I'll call it stable. It owns a few tee boxes on courses I play, and I've had a few recent memorable throws with it. One of them uphill thru pines, skinnies on the shelf landed just past guardian trees for my first birdie on the hole after more than 40 rounds on the course, second time using it on the hole.

Last edited:

My flight chart shows me the Tempo is right next to my Plasma Entropy. That Entropy would be a hard one to replace, reliable. Yesterday twice from about 130 to 140-feet right thru the chains on a standstill, one of those would have been a first-time birdie for that hole. When I see the Tempo on the shelf, definitely a grip test, and we'll go from there.

The Time-lapse could be here in about 2-weeks been warming up for it with a Philo Star Destroyer, DD3, and a Horizon CloudBreaker all are flat, and those not familiar 12-speeds. Philo looks like it's going to be a PIAS casualty as a trade in.

Watched James Conrad on Simon's channel playing a round together, he was throwing a Detour 5-speed should be understable, could fill a hole in my bag. James said should be released early next year.

The Conrad Trail 10-speed supposed to be along the lines of a Zenith and Terra, so I picked up PD 10-speed that felt good in the hands to warm up with, a little bit of a struggle, used it as a second disc on the course yesterday, there could be something better to use getting ready for the Trail. Sounded like the release date is unknown.

So much love. I use it like I use my Zone--anhyzer flex approach shots. It comes back with a fade ever so slightly less than the Zone. If thrown high enough on a flat release for a strong finishing fade, it gets a bit of ground play towards the basket. And, unlike the Zone, it's a hell of a putting putter. It would definitely be my one disc round disc at this point.

Some 6-speed love on the practice field, in the foreground a plasma crave to the right a relay, to the left plasma servo 171g, I've had for about a month now. but I'm really missing the disc it replace that I lost in a river the plasma servo 167g was my favorite to throw. it sucks trying to break in a new disc.

The age thing is catching up I've been missing some snap, made some adjustments to my form and grip which has helped with follow through. I like using 6-speeds to make changes, because they're always consistent, this was the second time I had them the practice field in the past week. yesterday it was five speeds Neutron reactor, plasma hex and lizotte hex next time out both of my rhythms and plasma volt. it's nice to hear that snap starting to come back again.

The lizotti hex is becoming a favorite to throw. I picked it up 10 months ago and started out turning, in July started straightening out with a wide s-turn and that s-turn has now narrowed, picking up distance. between yesterday and today, the lizotte was out distancing the other disc.

Attachments

• 20231116_101215.jpg
    20231116_101215.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 0

Yessir. It's a fantastic approach disc and maybe an even better escape option. It'll typically flatten on forehand but if I want something to really come out, I'm probably reaching for the Entropy. The Tempo wants spin. I suppose all discs do, but I'm most aware of it with this one.

I was also impressed with it's puttability and extended range over the Entropy. I was kind of keeping an eye out for an electron 170 or less Entropy but the tempo was scratching that itch right between that and an envy. I was using it for forehand and putting mostly. Glad to hear it's working out, I hope it holds up in the wind.

Ive been throwing a hex for a while and really liked it. I bought a crave too and ..

That disc is a cheat code. I'm not sure how or why, but the crave just keeps on gliding. I'm not sure if the crave is a distance driver or a midrange at this point.

Wanna throw a near max distance shot, while having the control of a midrange? Throw the crave.

A straight "touch" shot? Throw the crave.

Wanna get stupid and throw a 360 feet anhyzer shot over a forrest of trees and end up losing your disc in the progress? Throw a crave.

The rim and how it feels in the hand is pure magic. I miss my crave

the new gyropalooza box has a crave. I wouldn't need much more of an excuse to get a box.
Oh and gyropalooza is only 1 week away.
I've noticed the box is sold out already a lot of places - either less boxes or more popularity I suppose. Nice to see.

Is there something special I need to do, to keep MVP discs from spitting out when they're cold? I had 10 or more putts spit out, dead center, moving directly into the pole today at a tournament. They've been grabbing fine the last couple weeks in warmer weather, but today was like... Frost cold. I've never seen discs spit out that often before. Is there something I can do about that?

Cosmic neutron is freaky overstable. I had a Relay that I couldn't flip back then, either - which should've been the flippy companion to my Crave...
Not from my own experience, but I have read a few times that Cosmic Neutron used to be very over stable, but that they have since corrected it, and now it should fly the same as regular Neutron. Maybe some others can verify?

Is there something special I need to do, to keep MVP discs from spitting out when they're cold? I had 10 or more putts spit out, dead center, moving directly into the pole today at a tournament. They've been grabbing fine the last couple weeks in warmer weather, but today was like... Frost cold. I've never seen discs spit out that often before. Is there something I can do about that?
Play in warmer weather? 🤷‍♀️

Typically I putt with a touch of hyzer, I find they drop nicer that way. That's a lot of spit outs.

Dropped in to say grudgingly I'm enjoying my 155 fission envy, I dumped the domey one that I didn't like at all, been trying a SE misprint/L2. As long as I don't expect it to be an envy it's pretty good. A little shorter with a pretty abrupt fade, does a nice anhyzer to fade back. Putts alright in the circle and maybe further.... not a great 40' + option though, feels like its missing the gyro. Banged an ace the other night so that helps, straight to fade, moderate uphill hyzer. Easier on the arm.

Latest posts