• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

I'm looking forward to the Detour, should fill a missing slot in my bag. A few weeks ago Conrad was on Simon channel playing a round and Conrad threw it a few times. Nice glide and thought hmm.
Yep it is very much true to its numbers out of the box for me. Got an orange one from the gyro box.

I admit I'm an unsponsored MVP hype-man, but the Detour is legitimately exactly what it said it wanted to be and I love it.
I will need several more of these.
Tell me more.....

I saw that video too, kinda thinking about snagging one. I got a light and a real light Fission reactor I'm liking, when I'm not throwing uplinks. My arms still a little fucked and I wouldn't mind a little less touch haha. 174g detour please maybe haha. Or just throw the tangents again

Tell me more.....

I saw that video too, kinda thinking about snagging one. I got a light and a real light Fission reactor I'm liking, when I'm not throwing uplinks. My arms still a little fucked and I wouldn't mind a little less touch haha. 174g detour please maybe haha. Or just throw the tangents again
Tangent! Loving mine! The leaves are layering on just about all the courses I play, last week thew an approach into C1, took me a minute to find it, I was using some sailor language, and though I was going to have a heart attack. I'm leaving it home for some courses.

Just picked these up:

9txs09.jpg

Both are flying good for me.

Hex first throw was a shorter hole, about 220'. Bit of a tail wind. Flicked it 12' to the right of the pin, then missed the putt haha (first putt in two weeks tbf). Smooth tee shot at least.

First Crave shot was #7 260'. There's a big tree in the middle of the fairway. I typically flick a mid or fairway driver left of the guardian tree with some hyzer. Sometimes I flick a Reactor flat to the right of it.

Today I flicked my new Crave a little low, around 75% power and with some hyzer. This one flipped up like my beat neutron Crave would, rode forward, then faded at the perfect time. Hopes were high as it hit the ground about 10' left of the pin, took a great skip then slapped the chains for my first time on this hole. Didn't stick but still pumped up everyone in my group!

20231130-130517.jpg

20231130-130523.jpg

20231130-130616.jpg

20231130-130644.jpg

Last edited:
Finally brought back a Signal 162g the lowest weight disc putter to 9 speed in the bag, I've had it for a week now. Lost the first one a year ago September watching it turn flip over the basket and about 60 feet into a river, it was a beautiful flight. Having other disc priorities since then, started thinking about them a few weeks ago and they are hard to find. Picked mine up from Sun King Disc, a few remain.

I've had a few practice field sessions and a course day. With wind a long turn flip seeing new places on the practice field. Into the wind at 10 mph rollers. No wind will turn and fade back in, I don't remember that with the first one a heavier disc. Used it on the course a few times to reach around guardian trees and overhang.

I like my understable lineup Neutron's Signal 162g, Virus 163g, Orbital 159g, and throw in the Star Mamba 148g. I'm looking forward to the Detour coming out.

Anyone had a chance to throw the Detour side by side with a Comet yet? Curious how the two compare...

Also curious about detour vs Mana

Anyone had a chance to throw the Detour side by side with a Comet yet? Curious how the two compare...

I've not thrown one, yet. BUT there is a good video on youtube by a guy named Flippy James. He threw the R2 Hex, Detour, Uplink, Mana, and Echo. Of course the comet is missing from that. But this looks more stable than the mana and less stable than the hex.

I've not thrown one, yet. BUT there is a good video on youtube by a guy named Flippy James. He threw the R2 Hex, Detour, Uplink, Mana, and Echo. Of course the comet is missing from that. But this looks more stable than the mana and less stable than the hex.
Yeah I watched it. His form is...inconsistent. Most of those shots were too high or uncontrolled to be of use to my curiosity...

Threw one a few times with my MJ color shift yesterday and it's a bit less stable. Holds a turn a little easier, definitely like it better for a touch turnover FH. Feels nice, obviously a little shallower tahn a Comet, neutron plastic is pretty firm. Gonna hafta get one.

Threw one a few times with my MJ color shift yesterday and it's a bit less stable. Holds a turn a little easier, definitely like it better for a touch turnover FH. Feels nice, obviously a little shallower tahn a Comet, neutron plastic is pretty firm. Gonna hafta get one.
How does the glide compare to the Comet?

How does the glide compare to the Comet?
I didn't throw it a lot but seems pretty comparable. Looks like another winner mid for MVP.

Same dude that had the Detour also had a stack of Time Lapses. Threw a couple of them FH a few times and they definitely bring the beef. All had the same moderate dome, won't be purchasing one of them.

The Detour is more like a Meteor/Buzzz SS than a Comet. It like power and low lines to actually see a -2,1 flight whereas the Comet will do that on higher floatier lines. It might be my winter workhorse since it's super comfy and beadless so I don't have to worry about tearing up my finger like the Comet does. Basically it flies like a flat heavy Comet...

I didn't throw it a lot but seems pretty comparable. Looks like another winner mid for MVP.

Same dude that had the Detour also had a stack of Time Lapses. Threw a couple of them FH a few times and they definitely bring the beef. All had the same moderate dome, won't be purchasing one of them.
I've got a purple core Time Lapse and it seems to be decent but I'll need more throws to confirm, either way it's more comfy than any other MVP/Axiom speed 11+ driver so I'll definitely be doing more.work with it.

How's the full glow glitch? I got one coming in the mail... kinda hoping to snag a detour but the cheap ones get snapped up quick. I like this season so many L2s on the market. :D

Loving my gyro box.
They sent me an uplink to pair with the hex and detour. Loving those three.
The detour is as understable as I like without being full flippy. It does come back at the end. Pretty controllable.
Other highlights:
The r2 crave and envy are actually really great. Unbelievable glide for both. Great feel in the hand.
I got an octane that flies pretty far. It's got some weird character making a plasma ball like a character out of street fighter.
I got a red core time lapse. It needs a couple of tree hots before its perfect, but it's pretty nice out of the box. It is straight with a -0.5 turn and gentle but distinct fade.

Those are my thoughts on my box.

Tell me more.....

It is precisely between a Hex and Uplink. I'm in CO, so things are a little more overstable here. I think MVP numbers don't exactly line up with other brands, but within the MVP brand, the Detour does exactly what it says, compared to an Uplink/Hex's numbers.

It is precisely between a Hex and Uplink. I'm in CO, so things are a little more overstable here. I think MVP numbers don't exactly line up with other brands, but within the MVP brand, the Detour does exactly what it says, compared to an Uplink/Hex's numbers.
I've watched a handful of Detour videos and those throwing say the same thing. Either they decide the best MVP 5-speed produced or best 5-speed on the market. Gonna have to get one.

The Plasma Hex after 7 months of inconsistency and just not being used, the Lizotte Hex flying down the middle now, and the Neutron Reactor turning into a gem. It was time to depart with the Plasma Hex traded in at PIAS a few days ago. Despite some extra practice field, the past few weeks, I could not get extra distance without it turning into the ground. Just too flippy and I thought it would come around like the Lizotte Hex did, and that was the first thing the dude at PIAS said "flippy", he throws Discmania. He recently bought a Halloween Lizotte Hex and loves it, had a nice discussion about it. Anyway, I'll now have room for the Detour, supposed to come out late Jan or Feb.

I've watched a handful of Detour videos and those throwing say the same thing. Either they decide the best MVP 5-speed produced or best 5-speed on the market. Gonna have to get one.

The Plasma Hex after 7 months of inconsistency and just not being used, the Lizotte Hex flying down the middle now, and the Neutron Reactor turning into a gem. It was time to depart with the Plasma Hex traded in at PIAS a few days ago. Despite some extra practice field, the past few weeks, I could not get extra distance without it turning into the ground. Just too flippy and I thought it would come around like the Lizotte Hex did, and that was the first thing the dude at PIAS said "flippy", he throws Discmania. He recently bought a Halloween Lizotte Hex and loves it, had a nice discussion about it. Anyway, I'll now have room for the Detour, supposed to come out late Jan or Feb.
I'm confused. Both hexes are too flippy, so you want to replace them with something flippier?

I only found the plasma hex to be flippy, becoming more Flippy in the 7 months that I had it, not needed. the lizotte Hex started out as a turn almost a year ago but has straightened out but I wouldn't call it flippy. as far as a detour goes I don't know yet, when I have one I'll find out. I would only be looking for it to turn,. my other understandable disc my virus not flippy yet but I wish it was, we'll see about my new signal as time goes on, I like the current turn that it has. Neutron orbital nice turn, compliments my star mamba very Flippy. Always a work in progress for all my disc, but I do have a vision for my bag.

Latest posts