• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

So I'm a super weirdo in that I don't really love the Hex, but really dig the Matrix.

Anybody else like the slightly chunkier rim?

I didn't know they ran the Hex in plasma. Are they all prism? I don't own any prism discs but understand they can be wonky, has anyone confirmed that they don't have the typical gyro weighted rims?

I could see that, watching the turn that shows up on the pros shots with the hex let's me know its there haha. I see it on a fh. I'd thought about a light hex, tried heavy uplinks and pretty happy with them.

If the detour fills that tiny gap it could be really good. 4 solid mids in a row and 2 bookends. That's some serious 5 speed fun.

So I'm a super weirdo in that I don't really love the Hex, but really dig the Matrix.

Anybody else like the slightly chunkier rim?
I don't like the feel of the Hex but I'm currently bagging an Electron Matrix in a similar slot. Time will tell how it holds up and compares to the Detour, but so far I much prefer it.

I didn't know they ran the Hex in plasma. Are they all prism? I don't own any prism discs but understand they can be wonky, has anyone confirmed that they don't have the typical gyro weighted rims?
I've only seen them in Prism Plasma Hex, and only at Sun King Disc when I picked it up back in the spring. I just check and Sun King has several of them. Also have a Prism Plasma Envy, and a Pyro picked them up the same month a year ago September both stiff with a firm grip, the Envy gets used a lot starting to loosen up. The Pyro is reliable, just not used as much. The Hex was a grip issue for me.

I don't like the feel of the Hex but I'm currently bagging an Electron Matrix in a similar slot. Time will tell how it holds up and compares to the Detour, but so far I much prefer it.
Me too, the Hex is a grip issue for me, 7-months with the Plasma, and 5-months with the Neutron and Fission those two would turn worse than the Plasma right into the ground, never use them on the course beyond a 2nd disc to get a look. All three of them plenty of field practice. Can't say I didn't give them a chance. Lizotte Hex totally different grip feels great, in the beginning a nice turn, six months later a narrow S turn straight down fairway.

OTB Disc tonight load up on time lapse stock. so if anyone's been waiting for those in lower weights they have several at 170g. they also had a handful of purple at 170g which is supposed to be understable, thosewillgo fast. I grabbed one of those, I hope they'll throw stable for me. There's also supposed to be what's stable disc at 170g as well. I had pre-ordered and last week arrived in Orange 175g, in calm wind definitely overstable for me I had been warming up for the past few months with a neutron photon but would have been better using a fireball. Monday we're expecting 20 mph wind and I expect to know more about what I can do with orange. .

If you're not familiar with the color code or whats supposed to be color code for stable, overstable, and understable. At the time lapse thread post number 43, their is a post about the color codes. I made a similar post as I just did here, just get people's attention over there.

Yeah you're right... I've been thinking about that all day. Prism just ain't right, it's pandering to the non gyro crowd. I got one of them whales but they sound goofy. I just haven't gotten around to throwing it... meh the hex is a longer envy. I love it but I'm at the point in my life where I will take fairway placement over 10yds. (Panderingbhaaha, I don't know how far that is, let's just say 10m or 30ft, yards are fx'xxd) so is censoring myself, this place is suddenly too free.

Meh where's my beer?

Oh yeah hexs are awesome, flippy sounds terrible, thanks for the heads up. I know what my buddy is getting for Christmas.

Well I got my full glow glitch last night. I didn't realize it was an alien piloting something, I thought it was an alien samurai kind of stamp :D

Flies nice. Little stable, little less glidey, still a glitch. Parked it on my downhill shot, just short of an ace on first throw. 160g.

I thought the rim glowed but I was wrong. It is amazing how much extra glow on a fresh one has over one I've been using. My Envy Grinch one is a blend of prototype so that has something to do with it. Is anyone have experience with using them during the day and then at night and having the glow degrade like the old discs?

Well I got my full glow glitch last night. I didn't realize it was an alien piloting something, I thought it was an alien samurai kind of stamp :D

Flies nice. Little stable, little less glidey, still a glitch. Parked it on my downhill shot, just short of an ace on first throw. 160g.

I thought the rim glowed but I was wrong. It is amazing how much extra glow on a fresh one has over one I've been using. My Envy Grinch one is a blend of prototype so that has something to do with it. Is anyone have experience with using them during the day and then at night and having the glow degrade like the old discs?
About two months ago at PIAS they had about a dozen Eclipse Blue Rim R2 Glitches, and the grip felt good, compared to the Neutron Glitch I had earlier in the year, and didn't like the grip at all. Funny is that more than a year ago when I was flipping the bag, I didn't like the R2 Nomad grip but put the two together R2 and Eclipse on a Glitch love the grip. Looks like they only have black, not a good time of the year for a black disc, and I have 8 putters now decided to put it on the back burner until at least the spring. I'm more interested in the "straight shooter" Pixel for next year, so that R2 glitch may wait a little longer. With the wind picking up along the river holes on my home course, a lost putter could bring the Glitch in sooner. Those dozens disc was gone on my next visit about two weeks later.

A couple thoughts on some of the new discs from my gyropalooza box.
R2 envy is my favorite envy yet. Glides for days and has a lovely gentle finish. Nice grip as well with the r2
R2 crave is an incredible hyper flip and gentle understable disc. 300foot tunnel with low ceiling, r2 crave it is.
Red time-lapse- wasn't sure what to expect as time lapses are anywhere from. Meathook to flippy according to reviews. This one is extremely straight with a decent late fade. It's now my go to forehand distance driver. Great for backhand as well. Can't wait until it breaks in a bit. Getting a 0.5 Turn Right now. It will be a great distance driver for me once broken in a bit.
Detour is a bit more understable than I was expecting. It doesn't handle power well but has a pretty controllable turn for turnover shots. Not a hyper flip disk for me. For a straight slow speed shot I prefer my westside gatekeeper.
R2 hex is a great disc with ridiculous glide. Can handle tons of power and reliable fade.
Fission octane - still figuring this one out. Pretty flippy. Turn and burn on flat release unless given lots of height. With height and a bit of hyper it goes over 400' for Mr (which is a lot for me).

Love my gyropalooza box. Gonna sell a few of the discs but 80% are in my bag. Can't wait for next year

This is well worth watching. Proton Glitch, Parachute, and Pitch. Fission and Proton Time Lapse. James Conrad Trail. A TL3 with a Crave rim hmm. And others.

Thanks for that link that was some fun Friday night stuff!!

I especially liked when he said "this could be a great utility fairway" and he meant it should do everything, not just be overstable :D

Considering the Ion was molded after the Wizard it should work, but I really want a $$$ Wizard with a proton ion overmold.

This is well worth watching. Proton Glitch, Parachute, and Pitch. Fission and Proton Time Lapse. James Conrad Trail. A TL3 with a Crave rim hmm. And others.

lot's of theories surrounding this vid on reddit and discord as there is clearly one disc that gets hidden and not talked about via some post editing of the video.

1702910236892.png

lot's of theories surrounding this vid on reddit and discord as there is clearly one disc that gets hidden and not talked about via some post editing of the video.

View attachment 329914
What caught my attention was that yellow disc with the purple rim in the middle of the stack, in your photo. He recognizes it, gets excited, puts it on the stack, doesn't name it, and moves onto the next disc mentioning thinner Time Lapse's. As if "not yet" to reveal the disc he was excited about.

Simon made it a fun video to watch. It's going to be a great next year for MVP, and I like the end of the video Simon says, "that's it" and ends with two words on the screen "for now".

Don't get your hopes up Lee I think it's another time lapse, he was just excited for the next disc... but if anything it may be a Prism rim.

Hmm watching again he gets excited about proton time lapses with a metal flake rim... that's prism dumbass!!! Haha.

Thank the Simon for content! He's aaaight

Yesterday's video shows him throwing the proton timelapse (prism proton) and those things fly sweet. I still like my Neutron ones for what they are (Straight stable) but I wouldn't consider either of mine to be beef cakes. But hte proton seems far more workable. The interesting thing was that Simon was openly questioning if he could kick the 14 speeds out of the bag...he's gonna have to do something, T-L is his first signature disc :ROFLMAO: