• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

You, sir, are playing dangerous games with your words ;)

In actuality they are very similar but right now I like the Atom's better. I do wish they would run some soft Neutron or soft proton for the Atom but I doubt it's going to get much love, especially if Simon is also going to use the Envy/Proxy.

Hey when it came down to my last round of "pick a damn putter for life" it was a neutron HOC atom vs proton envy.

I think they should just run all their putters in every plastic and damn the flight and the numbers! Give the fans what they want!

... Maybe change the numbers but it's friggin stupid to not get your choice of all the plastics. Especially the ion.

This kind of thing fascinates me. Is there a reason you're waiting for those specifically?

It's the Eclipse, not necessarily Simon. I've had the Eclipse Reactor since August, it's reliable and all over the bullseye most of the time. The first time I used as a second disc on the course to see what it was all about; it became my primary mid by the second round. On my way home I stop by the same disc shop and picked up the other one for backup. Very liable disc including high wind, which can be frequent this time of the year.

The Eclipse Envy I've had for a week, and after two course visits, and a few practice field sessions, same deal dead straight, all over the basket on approaches, holds the wind, and has already replaced my Pig on approaches. The Pig I've had for 2 1/2 years but will stay with me for death putts and approaches. The Eclipse seems too floaty for a putter, so that will continue to be the Plasma.

I expect good results from the Eclipse Hex's, so a backup for aggressive play as needed. My Neutron and Fission Hex travel a little further out than the Reactor but are also wayward. I'm expecting straight results from the Eclipse as the Reactor and Envy performs.

My loyalty is to any disc that performs. What's sweet the hex will have Simon's name on it, whom I'm a fan of among a few others. While placing the order I'll go ahead and pick up an Eclipse Wave and see how it compares to my main drivers Plasma, Neutron, and Fission Wave's.

This kind of thing fascinates me. Is there a reason you're waiting for those specifically?

Just because they're glow hex's!!!!! I want one too, it's the closest thing to a glow mvp straight fairway driver... auction price on a glow hex is high or you have to be watching close for posts, I was tempted to buy some of the extra Space Race packs to get one but there's a lot of melon paradox's around and a metric s-hit ton of glow pilots the market is saturated with them and I don't need backups for discs I already don't throw.

Haven't thrown a round since the first week of November, but I saw a blacked out Prism Plasma Wrath today.

So, looking forward to seeing what that's like. It's a sickness.

Hey when it came down to my last round of "pick a damn putter for life" it was a neutron HOC atom vs proton envy.

I think they should just run all their putters in every plastic and damn the flight and the numbers! Give the fans what they want!

... Maybe change the numbers but it's friggin stupid to not get your choice of all the plastics. Especially the ion.

Honestly...it is a bit surprising. Atom, Envy, Proxy, Pilot, Ion, Anode should all have relatively the same plastic options. I can understand running the envy and maybe also the proxy in some exotic stuff like prism plasma or whatever. But just having a base Soft Neutron, Neutron, Proton, Electron would be very much appreciated. Maybe even some soft proton...

Agreed. Would love to see what a heavier Glitch would do. And in Plasma, too. And Eclipse. Hell, just run all the plastics. :D

It's honestly going to be interesting to see what MVP does here...They said that the weight on the glitches is in relation to the mold. So if they were to pursue a 175g glitch, it likely wouldn't be the glitch, it would have to have a new mold.

I bet that's a spot on thought.

I thought it was, but I just checked the PDGA page for the Glitch and it shows max weight as 176.0 gr

So maybe it is something with the Glitch mold that it can't be made in a heavier weight without drastically affecting the shape or something. Does the Glitch have a larger diameter than most discs? If so, maybe the cooling process outside the mold would cause issues with the shape.

https://www.pdga.com/technical-standards/equipment-certification/discs/glitch

I thought it was, but I just checked the PDGA page for the Glitch and it shows max weight as 176.0 gr

So maybe it is something with the Glitch mold that it can't be made in a heavier weight without drastically affecting the shape or something. Does the Glitch have a larger diameter than most discs? If so, maybe the cooling process outside the mold would cause issues with the shape.

https://www.pdga.com/technical-standards/equipment-certification/discs/glitch

Yes, PDGA rules say that a disc's max weight is 8.3g per cm of diameter.
So diameter is the determining factor.

Yes, PDGA rules say that a disc's max weight is 8.3g per cm of diameter.
So diameter is the determining factor.

Yes I know that, my post was in response to the question about MVP saying the MAX weight is 154 when PDGA approved it for 176.

So, with MVP saying the MAX weight is 154, it seems to be due to the unusual diameter possibly causing warpage or some other issue during cooling. But that's just my guess.

Yes I know that, my post was in response to the question about MVP saying the MAX weight is 154 when PDGA approved it for 176.

So, with MVP saying the MAX weight is 154, it seems to be due to the unusual diameter possibly causing warpage or some other issue during cooling. But that's just my guess.

Very well possible. Or might be that when tested it was an entirely different disc at higher weights. Might be with this mold the difference in weight is a bigger issue. 22g would be a pretty big difference and the flight plate seems very thin on these. So could be warpage like you say and maybe just different flight altogether.

Not much rim to a glitch.

That would be my guess as to why they're all light weight. Increase the weight, most of it goes to the plate, and defeats the purpose of gyro.

That's my take on it anyway.