• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Ion?

ehh, i think pumpkin discs are corny,

i love that weird purple beside it though.

also, is that bottom middle row a glow ion!?!!?!!?

also, is that bottom middle row a glow ion!?!!?!!?

No...I believe that is what the plastic looks like when no dye is added. It would be absolutely ideal for attaching a colored LED light though. The slight opaqueness of the plastic would soak up the color a lot more than a clear disc.

At any rate, if anyone has any questions about anything, feel free to ask

~Chad
Will you make me a mid-range version of ION before anything else? Same high HSS, very low LSS behavior? Pretty please?

NO!!! Don't start messing around like that. I own too many Core's to switch. Just leave it alone dammit!

So I have a lighter red ion, soft I believe.
I am a push putter and tend to prefer slower, beaded discs (challenger, comet, roc).

Would it be worth it to get a new ion? I'm really jeolus of the success others are having with it but I'm afraid it doesn't fit my style... Thoughts?

A mid from MVP would be completely awesome! I have thought about carrying my Ions for mid duties but they arent quite long enough to fill the gap to fairways.

No...I believe that is what the plastic looks like when no dye is added. It would be absolutely ideal for attaching a colored LED light though. The slight opaqueness of the plastic would soak up the color a lot more than a clear disc.

Oh dang! I want it.

Interested in selling/trading?

So I have a lighter red ion, soft I believe.
I am a push putter and tend to prefer slower, beaded discs (challenger, comet, roc).

Would it be worth it to get a new ion? I'm really jeolus of the success others are having with it but I'm afraid it doesn't fit my style... Thoughts?

My style is a straight push with just a touch of spin...The softs didn't work too well, BUT THE MEDIUMS ARE PERFECT! You need to try a medium. If you don't like it I'll bet you have no trouble trading it off, but something tells me that's not going to be the case. :thmbup:

Oh dang! I want it.

Interested in selling/trading?

That pic is from MVP's Facebook page...I'm sure you can get one from my other sponsor (see link below). We have a couple like that at CDGS, you can call the toll free number on the website and ask Wendy to find one for you.

Great looking stamp. I played with the guy that supposedly designed that stamp too, nice guy.

Name dropper!! And nice hat too. Did you just kill some Dead Rabbits?

I would drop his name if I could remember it. When he told me he won the stamp design contest and got like a butt load of Ions for a prize I just writhed in quiet anger for the next few holes. :rolleyes:

I didn't kill any Dead Rabbits but I'm thinking about giving my "minority" vote this November.

Mods: Please change thread title to: "Ions: This disc was made for you and me"

I would drop his name if I could remember it. When he told me he won the stamp design contest and got like a butt load of Ions for a prize I just writhed in quiet anger for the next few holes. :rolleyes:

I didn't kill any Dead Rabbits but I'm thinking about giving my "minority" vote this November.

Mods: Please change thread title to: "Ions: This disc was made for you and me"

Fellers named Mike Inscho and Zach Mallard designed the ion stamp

Fellers named Mike Inscho and Zach Mallard designed the ion stamp

That guy. Played with him at the last Azalea Fest tourney at Castle Hayne. Cool dude, showed me a Vibram putter for the first time. Mike, if you're reading this, throw some sweet Ions my way buddy. :thmbup:

Why would the driver be a 2 piece? Isn't the outer ring for gripping chain?

Hell...I would prolly buy it either way:thmbup:

No only for that, the overmold plastic is also much more dense, getting more of the weight of the disc out to the edge. This helps with the very neutral high HSS low LSS behavior.

If only it worked as well as it does with putters... I keep imagining a Katana speed and glide disc with the HSS of the XXX and LSS of the Comet...

Latest posts