• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Ion?

Hey Brotherdave. Yeah.. Alzalea was a great tourney. I just received my box of Ions today. I might sit and ponder in drool for a couple weeks on which ones I'm going to keep.

The stamp came out great!! - Just wanted to thank MVP for putting on the contest and meshing the design entry of mine and Zach's. I look forward to what MVP has next up their sleeve. The plastic and design are in a class by themselves :thmbup:.

Later,

Mike

Right on, hey if you need to get rid of some Ions you let me know. :cool:

The stamps do look really nice, clean and not cheesy.

Here's the two newest Ions in my collection (great job Mike & Zack!):
71519_1218785406862_1745723576_413490_1736419_n.jpg

I just love that Ferrari red...

That Red is awsome. I think I am going to hold out on ordering one of these until next month. We are going to mall of america for my wife to do some shopping for Christmas. Part of the deal is I get to go to Gotta Go Gotta Throw. It will be my first visit to a full service disc golf store.

They are so incredibly glossy, that's the best part about them. If there's any sun shining at all I have no problem finding even my flesh colored Ion b/c the light just glares off of them.

That Red is awsome. I think I am going to hold out on ordering one of these until next month. We are going to mall of america for my wife to do some shopping for Christmas. Part of the deal is I get to go to Gotta Go Gotta Throw. It will be my first visit to a full service disc golf store.

Gotta Go always has a nice selection of Ions to sift through. I love going to that store, during the summer I went almost once a week...

I'm sorry about having to go to the Mall of America, though. I live like 15 minutes from it and I've only been once...haha.

I'm sorry about having to go to the Mall of America, though. I live like 15 minutes from it and I've only been once...haha.

Sometimes you just have to take one for the team. At least I get to do something fun on the trip before I am turned into a glorified shopping cart.

I can't wait to see what they have up their sleeves too!!!!! Will it be a driver??

Will the rubber overmold grip be so brutal that it tear the skin right off your finger ???

.... :gross: :gross: METALOCALYPSE BRUTAL !!!!!! :gross: :gross:

It would make more sense to me to come out with a mid before a driver. I'm not saying there won't be a driver at some point, but knowing the mechanics of how the Ion is put together it would be very difficult to make an overmolded driver that was mechanically/chemically bonded the way the Ion is. Even a mid would be tougher to accomplish this, which is why it seems logical to me to progress to a mid before trying to use this technology in a driver. The won't risk the brand name by putting anything out that might ever come apart (I remember when the Ions came out many people voiced concerns that it would come apart).

I'm hoping for a killer neutral mid. Something like the Fuse is what I'm picturing, but way more awesome since it would be MVP's disc. Either that or something like a Buzzz with a touch more stability...but then I'd have to get rid of the extra Buzzzes I've managed to collect.

Buzzz compliment, not replacement!

Latest posts