• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Ion?

^I believe you. I have 6 Atoms that don't (and didn't) feel exactly like the two Ions I have. Close, but definitely not the same.

And this isn't a beef. I like the feel of these Ions a lot.

No they didn't. Why dont you feel some up vs always guessing about molds lol? If its changed its not much at all. I justel washed one off from the weekend and its chalky grippy goodness. Still not any more durable.

Cuz neither of the 2 DG stores around here have any Electron, and very seldom any MVP at all. This is Innova country, homie. Pretty pathetic, but that's how it is. And it's why I have to ask those that bought some. And mostly just out of curiosity anyway.

^I believe you. I have 6 Atoms that don't (and didn't) feel exactly like the two Ions I have. Close, but definitely not the same.

And this isn't a beef. I like the feel of these Ions a lot.

Just dont want people to think there is a difference when there really isnt. I just mixed up 3 of each on my desk and tried to do a blind feel em up test (sweaty ass coffee hands) and i couldnt pickout atoms from ions.

I was hoping the plastic would be more resilient vs orginal stuff. Maybe firm electron will give us superior baseline quality or an entire blend all together like a pro plastic.

Since I don't have a ton of Wizard experience to draw from, the closest thing to Electron plastic I have is the Yeti-pro blend, which I used to favor the Yetis for a bit.

To me, Yeti pro new has more of a tacky-grip to them, but wear in to have more of the chalky/porous sort of feel.

This is kind of the difference I'm experiencing between the Atoms I have and the Ions. The Ions are more like "new" Yeti-pro compared to the Atoms which feel a bit more 'worn in' Yeti-pro.

I don't think I'm imagining it. The Atoms came out of the mailer with a chalkiness I felt like was almost rubbing off on my hands. The Ions are , like, smoother and tacky.

Not trying to be difficult here....I'll go home tonight and try a Pepsi challenge with them.

Just dont want people to think there is a difference when there really isnt. I just mixed up 3 of each on my desk and tried to do a blind feel em up test (sweaty ass coffee hands) and i couldnt pickout atoms from ions.

I was hoping the plastic would be more resilient vs orginal stuff. Maybe firm electron will give us superior baseline quality or an entire blend all together like a pro plastic.

lol, I was joking.

Bahaha didnt see your post actually was just curious myself. Again its splitting hairs re:difference in feel.

I did say when recieved they felt a little less pencil eraserish but my used atom/ion in electron are identical. Some of the ions feel a little dusty from factory i literally wiped a few off it was weird when i got the order.

Chalky/dusty is what I noticed with my Atoms when I got them. That largely disappears once rinsed and wiped down, and it becomes more of a velvety sheen. I still have a new pristine one to compare to the used one. Can't complain. And only using the Atom for putting, although I have thrown the one around at a field a couple times.

Making a rare evening log in to say that yes, my Ions are closer in feel to Atoms that have been handled and rained on than I was thinking. That chalky feel on the Atoms was more temporary than I wanted to admit to myself.

That is all.

20% less chalky?

It's officially the off season. We have too much time on our hands.

20% less chalky?

It's officially the off season. We have too much time on our hands.

hell yeah too much time. most courses are closed here and I'm out of commission with a bad back, so all i can do is fondle my discs. and yes 20% less chalky is my scientific number.

luv the soft and grippy overmold on the Atom, into chains and plunk straight down into basket. AIM's silliness aside, I'll have to assume it's the same stuff they're using on the Electron Ion.

Latest posts