• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Ion?

I threw the E ion, in place of an atom, in the bag on release day just to give it a try. Never owned an ion b4 these two....

...DAMN YOU AIM... why didn't you go to the factory and force them to make these sooner....

I still need to work on layup shots with it because I've never used a putter with a bead like this but for now there are here to stay...

tdschrock1

Plasma Anodes are pretty nice for putting. Little more grip than N or P. I went from N to Plasma Ions and now I'm giving the Electron a shot. So far it's been pretty nice. The plasma might hold you over till Electron Anodes are released

I putt with a Plasma Anode and a Soft Eclipse Anode. Eclipse is by far my favorite so fat but I love Plasma for placement shots and longer putts.

Have any of you seen a disc practically dye another just by being by it in the bag? I have a green ION that left a considerable amount of green on a white Wizard.. Weird

Yes. I've had this happen and people have spoke to it. It's the plastic leeching, and seems to mostly happen for me too with dayglow colored discs. It kinda sucks when it does it to a nice disc it's running against, like that proto dog toy. At least it was the bottom.

tdschrock1

Plasma Anodes are pretty nice for putting. Little more grip than N or P. I went from N to Plasma Ions and now I'm giving the Electron a shot. So far it's been pretty nice. The plasma might hold you over till Electron Anodes are released

I putt with a Plasma Anode and a Soft Eclipse Anode. Eclipse is by far my favorite so fat but I love Plasma for placement shots and longer putts.

I putted with a pair of nice gummy Eclipse Anodes for a few months, but it just wasn't the right feel. I like electron plastic and I like Anodes, but I'm impatient.

/thread drift

Yes. I've had this happen and people have spoke to it. It's the plastic leeching, and seems to mostly happen for me too with dayglow colored discs. It kinda sucks when it does it to a nice disc it's running against, like that proto dog toy. At least it was the bottom.

Hmm I'll have to keep an eye on the dayglows then.. It actually slimmed the top too. Just could get a better pic of the bottom.

lol, no you're just challenging half a dozen people here(over and over) about using a power grip on putters. that's much better, right. neutron sucks? really?

I honestly do not like Neutron. You're allowed to.

I don't think he's challenging anybody. He seems genuinely surprised.

Yeah, I would power grip a sonic. I power gripped zephyrs too. But wouldn't power grip an ultimate lid. That rounded inner shoulder strikes again.

Thanks for not being a moron. I was honestly surprised it's so common.

Where does he play, Mars?

What does location have to do with my grip? Pretty sure you can easily check my courses played:doh:

Funny, I did that with my Wizards all afternoon.

I might have lied about part of that post... I did throw ions! ;)

The 155g make some great putters. They dont help my sorry ass hit anymore putts but love the glide from far out and still have an OS finish. Havent used them in much wind but can see paring one of these with my neutrons in the summer.

The ion i cut the bead off of is weird. More glide and turn but need to clean up the cutting rash with some sandpaper to really rip on it and not hurt my fingers.

I might have lied about part of that post... I did throw ions! ;)

The 155g make some great putters. They dont help my sorry ass hit anymore putts but love the glide from far out and still have an OS finish. Havent used them in much wind but can see paring one of these with my neutrons in the summer.

The ion i cut the bead off of is weird. More glide and turn but need to clean up the cutting rash with some sandpaper to really rip on it and not hurt my fingers.

u do realize you merely turned it into an Anode, right?

Ill get some in a few. The thing is snappy fingers is that the cores are the same so now it is an ion bead shallower than the anode. (~1.25mm?)

Latest posts