• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Ion?

Get a Neutron ion, wash it with some dawn dish soap, play a couple one disc rounds with it, enjoy an awesome putter for years to come.

Electron for putting for excellent grip. Like AIM said just don't throw your putting putter and will hold up fine

My 171 proton ion has been my hands down favorite disc forever. Still flies like new. Thinking of getting a 155 plasma ion for fun. How will they compare?

Really enjoying the 150 class plasma ion. The light weight doesn't impact the stability but wow does it glide nice. Pairs up very well with my max weights. Its a long putt and tailwind killaaaaa

I just ordered one. I'm thinking about overhauling my putting game with a focus on spin putting and it seemed like a good excuse to try a Plaz Ion.

Is there anywhere that has a breakdown of the various valuable Ions? I'm curious as I found one that is bright green, and looks like the one attached except it's green. I also found one that is blue metal flake, and said it was soft proton, but I think it said it right below ION IIRC.

DiscGolfHome.html

Last edited:
Is there anywhere that has a breakdown of the various valuable Ions? I'm curious as I found one that is bright green, and looks like the one attached except it's green. I also found one that is blue metal flake, and said it was soft proton, but I think it said it right below ION IIRC.

DiscGolfHome.html

Throwback ions don't really have much value, soft proton even less.

If you're looking for history of the ion mold though, try this link

I tried putting with an electron ion, but didnt find it stable enough and was missing right on longer putts.. Decided to try soft electron envy and its exactly what i wanted. if you want more understable than neutron though the electron ion is perfect!

never found electron to be less os than its counterparts in diff plastic however i only have the first run electrons i just gave a freshie to a friend that is just starting i think i was happier to get rid of it than he was to have a free disc

The Ions i have may be different than new ion runs ive heard they changed bead size or something? Anyways, the new electron ion i bought is a little different from the rest of my old ones i bought probably 5 or more years ago.

The new electron neutron i just got turns over, the old first run of soft proton and neutron that i have is beef.

Last edited:
If I were to bag one of the Electron molds, it would be the Ions. They don't feel so tall and are perfect stability for times when I'd be throwing them. I'd still rather bag Wizards though.

I just prefer the mold in general. They fit like a glove from the first fondling. I've even begun to enjoy throwing them of the tee. While I was pretty critical in the initial (lack of) difference in the early electron and soft, they've shown their true colors being in my practice basket, and they're both great for what they are. And very different, even in higher (mid-90s) temps. When friends and I play horseshoes on the Portals one stack is Wizards. The other is a mix of Atoms and Ions. Never thought I'd say that. It's a start, right?

I just prefer the mold in general. They fit like a glove from the first fondling. I've even begun to enjoy throwing them of the tee. While I was pretty critical in the initial (lack of) difference in the early electron and soft, they've shown their true colors being in my practice basket, and they're both great for what they are. And very different, even in higher (mid-90s) temps. When friends and I play horseshoes on the Portals one stack is Wizards. The other is a mix of Atoms and Ions. Never thought I'd say that. It's a start, right?

i can respect that

i use the wiz in my description of wiz ion and aviar with wiz being glideless ion being the middle and aviar being floaty

its turned a lot of people onto the wiz who kinda like the ion or aviar but not really

I've been putting with the same yellow neutron Ion for the last 5 years. MVP discs seem almost indestructible to me. Is it normal to be using the same putter for that long?

Latest posts